Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

So we can't drop the N-bomb...
#81

Dread Pirate Read Wrote:Again look at the definition.

I have. The closest definition in there to ignorant is:

Used as a disparaging term for a member of any socially, economically, or politically deprived group of people: “Gun owners are the new niggers . . . of society”

Note the words in bold.

I will make this simple for you. I am not asking you to define the word. I am asking you why you (not Webster) think the word nigger means ignorant.

For the record: I don't buy the ignorant definition, but if you do, I want to know why you think that.
Reply
#82

Cause to me nigger is synonomous with ignorant. Someone does something stupid, I say nigger. Someone pisses me off I say nigger. A black man kills someone I say nigger. A white man kills someone I say nigger. They all fall in one category to me.
Reply
#83

Dread Pirate Read Wrote:Cause to me nigger is synonomous with ignorant. Someone does something stupid, I say nigger. Someone pisses me off I say nigger. A black man kills someone I say nigger. A white man kills someone I say nigger. They all fall in one category to me.


That's use, not reason. How did the word nigger come to mean ignorant for you?


Here, I'll make it easy, and answer for you. Nigger is a term used, most commonly and originally, to describe black people in a derogatory way. Racism was perpetuated by myths and stereotypes, and Black people were seen as, among other things, ignorant.

You might use the word now to mean any ignorant (another word I don't think you're getting the meaning of) person, but the origin of that is steeped in racism, and appears to speak to something you think of black people: i.e. they are ignorant. Making the use of the word, even to describe a white person, and ignorant remark, reeking of (your own) racism.
Reply
#84

Thanks.
Reply
#85

Ignorant is used as an adjective. Nigger is used as a noun.

Leu, I see where you're going, and I already admitted fag is derogatory. It's different in the way it's used here (still derogatory, yes), but I'm not going to type the entire reasoning here.
Reply
#86

Dread Pirate Read Wrote:Cause to me nigger is synonomous with ignorant. Someone does something stupid, I say nigger. Someone pisses me off I say nigger. A black man kills someone I say nigger. A white man kills someone I say nigger. They all fall in one category to me.

Well stated grand wizard!
Reply
#87

K.F.C. Wrote:Ignorant is used as an adjective. Nigger is used as a noun.

Leu, I see where you're going, and I already admitted fag is derogatory. It's different in the way it's used here (still derogatory, yes), but I'm not going to type the entire reasoning here.

which brings us back to where the line is. Nigger is bad. Fag is ok, cause we don't mean it badly. So.. kike? wetback? honkey? squaw? ncbiker?

What's ok. What isn't? And why?
Reply
#88

Well IMO if your going to say nigger is wrong, but fag is ok...your all fucked up
both words are putting down a group of people. ARENT THEY????
Reply
#89

leucetios Wrote:which brings us back to where the line is. Nigger is bad. Fag is ok, cause we don't mean it badly. So.. kike? wetback? honkey? squaw? ncbiker?
:lool:

What's ok. What isn't? And why?
I never said we don't mean it badly, we use it in a different context.
I personally have no problem with ANY word mentioned within this thread, if it's used in moderation.
As you have seen from these fuckwits, moderation is not their M.O. If you don't know or don't care about their site, you should understand they use it in their sigs, titles, and other things.
Like I said, I could take it or leave it. But it's not just a coincidence that a dood who admins on a site that throws that word around so liberally is arguing about it and crying about hypocrisy. That's all.
Reply
#90

It his hypocritical of all of you....unless when you all call me a fag, you really mean cigarette...or when you call someone gay you really mean happy. Other than that, its being used negative. Doesnt matter how you mean it, its what it means.
Reply
#91

Dread Pirate Read Wrote:Well IMO if your going to say nigger is wrong, but fag is ok...your all fucked up
both words are putting down a group of people. ARENT THEY????
I'm not sure. Just a minute ago you said 'nigger' is a synonym for 'ignorant'.
Are you admitting now you were lying about that? Or just changing your point now because you want to keep arguing?
Reply
#92

We keep this language an racism out of our home because unlike ourselves the melting pot has overflowed and our children can't afford to be raciest like our parents and grandparents were. With that out of the way, my 4 y/o daughter one days while driving down the street, "Ewww look at those "Brown People"...their discusting"
We were shocked and like Adults wanted to find out why she thought that way. Her response was their hair is so gross and greasy. We told her it was wrong and to treat people the way you want them to treat you. A month later we got a call from school, while laying down reading 2 black boys attacked her. One kicked her in the face and one kicked her in the back because she had a book they wanted was the teachers explanation.
We pulled her from that school.

35% of the population and 85% of jail inmates.

People that want to stand out for the wrong reason get labeled in society it's natural.
Reply
#93

K.F.C. Wrote:I'm not sure. Just a minute ago you said 'nigger' is a synonym for 'ignorant'.
Are you admitting now you were lying about that? Or just changing your point now because you want to keep arguing?

Im changing my point because you people are hypocrits.
Reply
#94

E-Judge Wrote:...We were shocked and like Adults wanted to find out why she thought that way...

hmmmm... I wonder too.

E-Judge Wrote:35% of the population and 85% of jail inmates.
People that want to stand out for the wrong reason get labeled in society it's natural.
Reply
#95

No that was my end result and also an answer I recieved when I asked someone older than me outside my family.

[Image: th_runningneopet.gif]
Reply
#96

K.F.C. Wrote:But it's not just a coincidence that a dood who admins on a site that throws that word around so liberally is arguing about it and crying about hypocrisy. That's all.
You didn't pay attention to this thread very well, did you?

Leu gets it, I'm not here to try to impose any rules or moderation or anything that would be absurd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back on topic - there seems to have been some misinformation given by one of your members:
E-Judge Wrote:There are no rules at IT, we have a jail. IT members don't like rules imposed apon them, thus the, " I owned ON cause I was banned."
Please limit jailing to site offenses, ie: No one flames Ownster !
IT members, please keep it to and individual attack intead of site attacks. We'll keep it on Ownster and not let it bleed over to IT in respect to Lee and the IT members that are clueless to flaming.
Ownster is and always was a Flame Forum, now we have other sections that make it an interesting forum also. Lets keep it contained.
thanks,
The Mngmt
Obviously E-judge is near 100% wrong in this post, directly quoted from Ownster. First, the rules, or lack thereof: He gave us the impression that IT is a FFA forum. He said this so many times I'd be a millionaire if I got a nickel... well you get the idea. Second, ON is not a strictly flame forum anymore, that got boring a long time ago. Over 95% of current threads are not intended to house a piss battle. Third, he is not "The Mngmt" (LOL).

In any case, it was just a shock to me that this site is exactly the opposite of what E-judge made it out to be. I have no problem with this btw. Also, I noticed it was a shock to you guys that paid us our most recent visit that you were disappointed by the lack of current "smack" threads there. I wonder why this is… Maybe because of something I said in the paragraph above this one?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, it's true. Censoring is not as big of a deal at ON. However, for someone to accuse me of using the word in a hateful way over at my site when you obviously have not had membership long enough to be able to say that with certainty, is absurd. For someone to generalize an entire population of people based off the actions of one or two people is absurd. Some of you here are guilty of this, and that is part of my point.

Backing up a bit: yes, some members at ON do throw the word around, and whether they intend it in a hateful way or not is not my business, nor is it any of yours, as Leu has pointed out, at least twice in this thread.
Reply
#97

I don't really see why anybody should ever get so offended by any word, but that's just me.

Y'all try not to over-ANALyze this one to death!
Reply
#98

regardless of whether you think we are hypocrites or not, Racist remarks are not allowed here. It has been that way since we started the board. There are no anti homophobic rules in place nor have thgere ever been. So the question about why faggot is allowed and the N word is not is a moot point. Being the fact we want everyone to get their opinion across here I will leave this thread alone and intact for now. The rules are plain and simple. there are very few. Abuse them repeatedly and you'll get your chips cashed in. It's of no consequence to me or anyone else here for that matter. So just keep it up. :d
Reply
#99

Thanks.
Reply

Dread Pirate Read Wrote:Thanks.
I love you. :d
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
01-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Last Post by leeman
12-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Last Post by ntype
08-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Last Post by ntype
06-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Last Post by Paddy
04-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Last Post by Shadrach
06-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Last Post by Suck My Nuts
02-24-2006, 12:29 AM
Last Post by ntype
10-07-2005, 05:47 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)