03-31-2005, 09:05 PM
leucetios Wrote:Good point. I hadn't seen/read that thread.I see the point he's trying to make, but past posts, and the way they throw that word around on their board it's FAR more hateful and derogatory as how we may use fag or gay.
I will say again, Bimmer has not gone about trying to get his point across in a very good way. Using THIS thread as the basis for what I said, here are what I see Bimmers points as :
- Where is the line? We throw around fag (itself a pretty hateful word) and other terms with little or no consequence. Why the word nigger? Are we protecting against racism, really? Or are we having a knee-jerk reflex to a word steeped in hatred and racism?
- Word vs Use: In this thread, and the one you linked to, he is trying to ask if the word nigger is not allowed, or if only racist use of the word nigger is not allowed. I've used it three times in this post so far, and doubt it will be edited by any mod, or bear any consequence, because it isn't being used in a racist/hateful way.
The definitions of both those words have a broad range of meanings, contexts and interpretations. But 'nigger' does not, IMO.

