Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Obama killed Osama ...

Neither of those things really make sense.Your political commentary is barely kindergarten level.

See You In Toledo
Reply

First, a presidential election is decided by five people, who don't even try to explain their choice in normal legal terms
.
Then the beneficiary of that decision appoints the next two members of the court, who present themselves for consideration as restrained, humble figures who care only about law rather than ideology.

Once on the bench, for life, those two actively second-guess and re-do existing law, to advance the interests of the party that appointed them.

Meanwhile their party's representatives in the Senate abuse procedural rules to an extent never previously seen to block legislation -- and appointments, especially to the courts.

And, when a major piece of legislation gets through, the party's majority on the Supreme Court prepares to negate it -- even though the details of the plan were originally Republican proposals and even though the party's presidential nominee endorsed these concepts only a few years ago.

How would you describe a democracy where power was being shifted that way?


http://www.theatlantic.com/james-fallows/

See You In Toledo
Reply

I don't want to live in a country where people don't go broke when they get cancer.Its not like we have a military budget 3 times the size of the next 5 biggest countries in the world combined to pull money from.George Washington is rolling over in his grave.

See You In Toledo
Reply

[Image: 426064_391572024236448_1700372580_n.jpg]

More than likely it'll never get funded and die on the vine...
Reply

I guess I don't understand how government or the free market works because I don't see private insurance companies not adapting to the current "law".I'm naive probably.

See You In Toledo
Reply

Who would have thought a Harvard constitutional lawyer would craft a law that would pass supreme court muster?I'm pretty sure I heard he's an idiot, right?

See You In Toledo
Reply

Maybe being in sales you don't understand how this hurts small businesses. The new taxes and IRS reporting will cost small businesses somewhere around $50 billion....

Our deficit will increase by $500 billion over the next 10 years.

Alot of doctors will abandon any kind of government sponsored insurance because of regulations.
Reply

Anhil8tor Wrote:Maybe being in sales you don't understand how this hurts small businesses. The new taxes and IRS reporting will cost small businesses somewhere around $50 billion....

Our deficit will increase by $500 billion over the next 10 years.

Alot of doctors will abandon any kind of government sponsored insurance because of regulations.

I'm part owner of a small business.You've bought into the hype and were ok with the status quo because you could afford it.I guess you didnt see my post about how big our military budget is.

10 years from now you'll see this as a good thing the same way you look back at Clinton and like him now.You're blinded by partisan rage right now.Its ok, I'm here for you.

Notice how Romney is now talking about how when he repeals it he'll still not allow people to get dropped because of pre existing conditions?Thats Obama's policy which the GOP was 100% against before the bill was passed and Romney is saying that now because that is what the people want.We would have never got to this point without Obama having balls to do this.You and the GOP will come around on this once you get over this anti-Obama fever.

See You In Toledo
Reply

[Image: 179932_4184579142602_1653223108_n.jpg]
Reply

[Image: 548321_438556662832760_1392542227_n.jpg]
Reply

It's always a good sign for your party if the side of a van is the best way to encapsulate your message.

See You In Toledo
Reply

Who can't relate to this guy and his perfect backyard swimming pool at one of his 5 houses and jumbo size jenga game?Mr Everyman.

[Image: anigif_this-romneynomics-gif-is-a-new-fa...764-13.gif]

See You In Toledo
Reply

BIRD33 Wrote:Who can't relate to this guy and his perfect backyard swimming pool at one of his 5 houses and jumbo size jenga game?Mr Everyman.

[Image: anigif_this-romneynomics-gif-is-a-new-fa...764-13.gif]

You hate him cause he is rich?
Reply

Hate?Where is that in my sentence?

See You In Toledo
Reply

Read this.Not all millionaires are assholes.This guy Wayne is.Why is he so angry?

http://www.gq.com/news-politics/big-issu...rentPage=1


Those guys are a bunch of jerks," Wayne mutters, giving a dismissive wave that says, They're just a sideshow. "Politically I'm on the enemy list. I've lived my whole life doing what I thought was right, and now I'm an enemy of the state."

Is he, though? It's true that income inequality is a reliable applause line on the campaign trail. Here's Obama in a recent speech: "What drags down our entire economy is when there's an ever widening chasm between the ultrarich and everybody else." Romney, meanwhile, likes to call this rhetoric "the bitter politics of envy." As he told a receptive crowd in West Palm Beach, Florida, "I believe in a merit nation, an opportunity nation, where people by virtue of their education and hard work and risk-taking and their dreams—and maybe a little luck—could achieve great things."

But the reality is that rarely are enemies of the state treated so well. Except for a brief stint in the late '80s and early '90s, their tax rate is at an eighty-year low. In the 1940s and 1950s, the top tax bracket paid more than 80 percent. It was 70 percent when Reagan took offlce, 40 percent under Clinton, and now, under Obama, it's 35 percent. But the very, very rich don't pay even that. By taking full advantage of an investor-friendly tax code, which takes a much smaller bite out of capital gains and dividends than it does for salaried income, the 400 richest Americans pay, on average, 18 percent tax.



See You In Toledo
Reply

If the whites abandon Romney who votes for him?

[Image: 6a00d83451c45669e20177430b5c1c970d-550wi]

See You In Toledo
Reply

Dukakis, Kerry ... Romney?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/duka...48137.html


Pretty sure Bill Kristol is a republican.November is right around the corner.

See You In Toledo
Reply

I can't vote for a guy who's father wasnt born in the US, worships a strange god and won't release his tax records.I'm talking about the white guy.

[video=youtube;z78WSe2vex4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z78WSe2vex4#![/video]

See You In Toledo
Reply

Imagine if "Kenyan socialist" Barack Hussein Obama wouldn't release his tax records in order to be president of the United States of America.

[video=youtube;_EiRFB00gLM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_EiRFB00gLM[/video]

See You In Toledo
Reply

8 what did you get at Chick-fil-a yesterday?

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
06-24-2010, 04:05 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)