Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

So Obama is pretty much done now right?
#21

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:No, I fully expect that they will do all of that this year. It'll make great TV, get tons of people watching their convention. Great reality entertainment and give them a huge boost going into the fall.

but, seriously, don't you think that the analysts and most people will already know how its going to turn out?

If its close delegates wise couldnt super delegates make last minute decisions to swing the race one way or the other?

What would get higher ratings, a convention with a winner decided going in or one where it won't be decided until the last night?

They've been saying this will be so close that it could be decided at the convention.

Obama needs to swing a major state his way to make it happen.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#22

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:On the flip side, the GOP has the great opportunity to showcase the hilarious and entertaining antics of John McCain and Mike Hucakbee for a week. Maybe they can get Bob Dole to tell a few jokes. I hope Lawerence Welk performs.

I'll bet Baywatch reruns would draw a higher neilson.


I actually feel bad for mccain when he makes his victory speeches.He's got no feel for the crowd, has no idea when to emphasize things to illicit applause and always is looking at his paper to read from.I cringe everytime the crowd starts to cheer and he's only through half of a sentence thats was supposed to have applause at the end.He makes the most disjointed speeches of any politician I've ever seen.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#23

BIRD33 Wrote:If its close delegates wise couldnt super delegates make last minute decisions to swing the race one way or the other?

What would get higher ratings, a convention with a winner decided going in or one where it won't be decided until the last night?

They've been saying this will be so close that it could be decided at the convention.

Obama needs to swing a major state his way to make it happen.

I'm saying that their convention is going to be action packed and they are going to milk it to the end to get the attention of the nation. To make history. I can see it all now. They are going to make it look like its coming down to the wire. Definitely an undecided convention will get more ratings.

I think it "will" be decided at the convention. But I think it will secretly be decided prior to that.

Obama needs to spend a bunch of time in Texas.
Reply
#24

who are the independents this year?
Reply
#25

BIRD33 Wrote:I actually feel bad for mccain when he makes his victory speeches.He's got no feel for the crowd, has no idea when to emphasize things to illicit applause and always is looking at his paper to read from.I cringe everytime the crowd starts to cheer and he's only through half of a sentence thats was supposed to have applause at the end.He makes the most disjointed speeches of any politician I've ever seen.

Agreed. Its not funny. Its just kind of a helpless sad feeling. Apparantly it doesn't hurt him too much though.

One interesting thing from the exit polls was that a lot of people were voting based on "experience" which was helping Hillary (god knows why).

But if that is true, then McCain might could use that in his race against Hillary. Obama did terrible in the exit polls on voters that voted based on experience. Like 15% or something.
Reply
#26

perhaps cause he has none
hmmmmmmm

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#27

snarg Wrote:perhaps cause he has none
hmmmmmmm

Snarg I'm assuming you're leaning hillary.I've got an uncle your age and he's pro hillary and doesnt get the Obama fascination.Do you think thats because you view her as a product of your generation and you're more comfortable handing the country to someone with shared experiences rather than a younger guy who didnt go through the same struggles?

I think thats the case for older women.If you look at polls obama dominates the 35 and under crowd I think because we arent all hung up on how far women have come.Women have always been treated pretty equal in my lifetime and its not this major moment for women to younger people that I think it is to the over 40 demographic.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#28

Obama also dominates the card carrying radical muslim jihad fanatics, too.
Reply
#29

CNN reports: Exit polls in 14 states showed that 84% of the arab men with one year of flight training favored Obama.
Reply
#30

Huckabee dominates the people who believe Noahs Ark was floating in the grand canyon.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#31

Huckabee has 98% of men with only 12% of their teeth left.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#32

McCain dominates 92% of the people that were too old to go out and vote.
Reply
#33

Exit polls showed that 84% of of the big eared people voted for Obama. The only problem was that there were not nearly as many big eared people voting yesterday as his camp had hoped. They plan to have a rally soon.
Reply
#34

Exit polls show Obama is favored by 99% of John Mccains viet-cong captors.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#35

Romney is favored 2-1 by the surviving members of the branch davidian cult.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#36

BIRD33 Wrote:Snarg I'm assuming you're leaning hillary.I've got an uncle your age and he's pro hillary and doesnt get the Obama fascination.Do you think thats because you view her as a product of your generation and you're more comfortable handing the country to someone with shared experiences rather than a younger guy who didnt go through the same struggles?

I think thats the case for older women.If you look at polls obama dominates the 35 and under crowd I think because we arent all hung up on how far women have come.Women have always been treated pretty equal in my lifetime and its not this major moment for women to younger people that I think it is to the over 40 demographic.

yer wrong, tweety
why am i not surprised
i would vote obama, but clinton is ok with me

as for your premises here, i think they are all off
if you feel that way, ok, but i don't think you speak for your peers
and certainly not for mine
besides, obama is closer to my age than yours, pipsqueak

but thanks for caring

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#37

I think I hit a nerve.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#38

I figured out who you're voting for,snarg.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=113102

See You In Toledo
Reply
#39

BIRD33 Wrote:I think I hit a nerve.

wrong again, tweety

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#40

snarg Wrote:yer wrong, tweety
why am i not surprised
i would vote obama, but clinton is ok with me

as for your premises here, i think they are all off
if you feel that way, ok, but i don't think you speak for your peers
and certainly not for mine
besides, obama is closer to my age than yours, pipsqueak

but thanks for caring

Snarg, can you just please start talking in normal english? This cryptic speak that you have developed is fucking retarded.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
11-14-2012, 12:57 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)