Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

So Obama is pretty much done now right?
#41

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Snarg, can you just please start talking in normal english? This cryptic speak that you have developed is fucking retarded.

Take a class from Nboy and it all will cristalize...

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Reply
#42

Obama won 12 of 22 states -- but not California, the day's most coveted prize. Clinton's victory there was powered by overwhelming support from Latinos, who made up nearly 30% of California voters.

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Reply
#43

Super Tuesday seems to have been the election that nobody lost. Everybody won something, enough to stay in the competition a few million dollars longer.

Getting at the meaning behind those numbers

Sifting through the mass of numbers floating about in the wake of Super Tuesday, they cut to the chase and put together the statistics that best explain the big picture of what happened (and provide likely previews of the contests to come):
"Looking inside the Democratic exit polls (per the last wave we saw), it is striking to us just how predictable Clinton and Obama voters are. Nationally, Clinton won among women (52%-45%), and Obama won among men (53%-42%). Obama won big among voters ages 17-29 (59%-38%), and Clinton won big among those 60 and older (55%-38%).
"Obama won the African-American vote (82%-16%), while Clinton won Latinos (61%-37%). Obama did seem to do better among whites (with 43% of that vote); in fact, Obama won white men (49%-44%). And Obama won among those making $200,000 or more (52%-46%), while Clinton won among those making less than $50,000.
"On the GOP side, McCain narrowly beat Romney among self-identified Republicans (38%-37%), among moderates (52%-24%), and those who said they were "somewhat conservative" (40%-36%). Yet among those identifying themselves as "very conservative," it was Romney 48%, Huckabee 26%, and McCain 19%."

LONDON -- If there are Republicans in the race for the presidency, you wouldn't have known it in Europe, where Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama seem like the only game in town.

In part, this may be wishful thinking. While the current leaders in Britain, France and Germany have made their peace with the Bush administration, their publics are more inclined to hold a grudge.


German chancellor: An article in Monday's Section A about Europe's view of the U.S. presidential campaign said former German Chancellor Helmut Kohl told the publication Die Zeit that Germans "want to be able to love America again." The quote came from ex-Chancellor Helmut Schmidt. —

If nothing else, Europeans are hoping that whoever moves into the White House will have a less go-it-alone approach. They like it when Obama and Clinton talk about "change," because it's what Europeans are talking about, too.

BEIJING -- To many Asians, the U.S. electoral system is a mystery, the candidates have strange names, and it's not always clear how they view Asia's interests.

China has learned that, no matter what they say in the campaign, U.S. presidents eventually engage with Beijing, given its growing clout. "So this election doesn't worry us so much," said Tao Wenzhao, professor at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.

Japan is watching for signs of its greatest fear: being ignored by its only real ally. There's little love lost in many sake bars for Clinton, whose husband was perceived as favoring China. This fear was only reinforced by her recent Foreign Affairs piece that cited China as America's most important bilateral relationship.

India also is cool toward Clinton, because her husband is thought to have favored China and Pakistan at India's expense. "She's viewed as a co-president of Bill," said Lawrence W. Prabhakar, a political science professor at Madras Christian College.

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Reply
#44

Smile


Attached Files
.jpg obama hillary.JPG Size: 70.35 KB  Downloads: 5

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Reply
#45

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Snarg, can you just please start talking in normal english? This cryptic speak that you have developed is fucking retarded.

it only seems cryptic cause you are a dumb-fuck from bum-fuck
too bad you painted yerself into a corner, shitforbrains

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#46

snarg Wrote:too bad you painted yerself into a corner

See what I mean? What the fuck does that mean?

I used to work for a big company and every month they would put out a newsletter about all that was going on. Inside the front cover there would be a Message from the President (of the company). He talked in weird cryptic fashion. Like it made him sound so smart that most of those under him couldn't understand it. Actually, it made him sound like a fucking idiot. I'm not sure if this applies here, though.
Reply
#47

leeman Wrote:Clinton's victory there was powered by overwhelming support from Latinos, who made up nearly 30% of California voters.

What is she doing for these folks?

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Reply
#48

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:See what I mean? What the fuck does that mean?

I used to work for a big company and every month they would put out a newsletter about all that was going on. Inside the front cover there would be a Message from the President (of the company). He talked in weird cryptic fashion. Like it made him sound so smart that most of those under him couldn't understand it. Actually, it made him sound like a fucking idiot. I'm not sure if this applies here, though.

the part about you being an idiot applies:melt:

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#49

snarg Wrote:the part about you being an idiot applies:melt:

Okay, weirdo. I thought I was the one that called you an idiot. But whatever you say.


:joff:
Reply
#50

snarg, your senility is showing.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#51

Paddy Wrote:What is she doing for these folks?

Bill made it easier to be citizens.

i read that minus the blacks like me people with real money problems favor hillary by a large margin.I think they see obama as a little bit of a risk.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#52

BIRD33 Wrote:Bill made it easier to be citizens.

i read that minus the blacks like me people with real money problems favor hillary by a large margin.I think they see obama as a little bit of a risk.

I love it when the leader of the free world is elected by people that can't pay their bills.
Reply
#53

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:I love it when the leader of the free world is elected by people that can't pay their bills.

Lets keep electing the guy who helps the rich out the most.That will solve social problems.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#54

BIRD33 Wrote:Lets keep electing the guy who helps the rich out the most.That will solve social problems.

Now you are talking. McCain in '08!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
11-14-2012, 12:57 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)