Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Obama killed Osama ...

BIRD33 Wrote:Are any of your family members on Medicare?If so why don't you step up and pay for them?Oh thats right, you're a fucking hypocrite.

In his first two years in office, President Barack Obama will increase annual federal welfare spending by one-third from $522 billion to $697 billion. The combined two-year increase will equal almost $263 billion ($88.2 bil*lion in FY 2009 plus $174.6 billion in FY 2010). After adjusting for inflation, this increase is two and a half times greater than any previous increase in federal welfare spending in U.S. history. As a share of the economy, annual fed*eral welfare spending will rise by roughly 1.2 percent of GDP.

Under President Obama, government will spend more on welfare in a single year than President George W. Bush spent on the war in Iraq during his entire presidency. According to the Congressional Research Service, the cost of the Iraq war through the end of the Bush Administration was around $622 billion. By contrast, annual federal and state means-tested welfare spending will reach $888 billion in FY 2010. Federal welfare spending alone will equal $697 billion in that year.


Can you explain where the government gets $175 billion from?
Reply

The same place we got billions from while you cheered on two wars in the mid east.Neither of which we won.Oh and americans died because of your choice.But now you're Mr. Conservative with tax dollars so I should totally take you seriously.At least with this spending will help Americans live rather then get blown up.

See You In Toledo
Reply

Mitt Romneys great great great grandfather had 266 grandchildren.Totally normal!


[Image: 6a00d83451c45669e2016765cbf452970b-550wi]

See You In Toledo
Reply

[video=youtube;BD75KOoNR9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD75KOoNR9k&feature=player_embedded[/video]

See You In Toledo
Reply

[Image: presidential-collegiate-differences-of-the-day.jpg]

See You In Toledo
Reply

So its bad to be rich?
Reply

Nope.Its bad to tell people in tough times they should just borrow money from their parents to go to school when you inherited millions of dollars for your own schooling.Hey mom and dad I know you've been laid off for 6 months but do you have a spare 20K lying around?

See You In Toledo
Reply

Just get the government to pay for it...
Reply

Like you do for your parents health care.

Do you get how weird it is that he's telling people to take risks when he has never had to take a risk in his whole life?If only I had a trust fund to fall back on.I'd be a real risk taker!

[video=youtube;CIa4VdtKlO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIa4VdtKlO0[/video]

See You In Toledo
Reply

[Image: 3344154331_c959e6c761_z.jpg?zz=1]
Reply

When its a republican you sure seem to be ok with all that spending.

[Image: 24editorial_graph2-popup-thumb-560x622-58477.gif]

See You In Toledo
Reply

Stephen King: Tax Me, for F@%&’s Sake!




Chris Christie may be fat, but he ain’t Santa Claus. In fact, he seems unable to decide if he is New Jersey’s governor or its caporegime, and it may be a comment on the coarsening of American discourse that his brash rudeness is often taken for charm. In February, while discussing New Jersey’s newly amended income-tax law, which allows the rich to pay less (proportionally) than the middle class, Christie was asked about Warren Buffett’s observation that he paid less federal income taxes than his personal secretary, and that wasn’t fair. “He should just write a check and shut up,” Christie responded, with his typical verve. “I’m tired of hearing about it. If he wants to give the government more money, he’s got the ability to write a check—go ahead and write it.”
Heard it all before. At a rally in Florida (to support collective bargaining and to express the socialist view that firing teachers with experience was sort of a bad idea), I pointed out that I was paying taxes of roughly 28 percent on my income. My question was, “How come I’m not paying 50?” The governor of New Jersey did not respond to this radical idea, possibly being too busy at the all-you-can-eat cheese buffet at Applebee’s in Jersey City, but plenty of other people of the Christie persuasion did.




Cut a check and shut up, they said.
If you want to pay more, pay more, they said.
Tired of hearing about it, they said.
Tough shit for you guys, because I’m not tired of talking about it. I’ve known rich people, and why not, since I’m one of them? The majority would rather douse their dicks with lighter fluid, strike a match, and dance around singing “Disco Inferno” than pay one more cent in taxes to Uncle Sugar. It’s true that some rich folks put at least some of their tax savings into charitable contributions. My wife and I give away roughly $4 million a year to libraries, local fire departments that need updated lifesaving equipment (Jaws of Life tools are always a popular request), schools, and a scattering of organizations that underwrite the arts. Warren Buffett does the same; so does Bill Gates; so does Steven Spielberg; so do the Koch brothers; so did the late Steve Jobs. All fine as far as it goes, but it doesn’t go far enough.
What charitable 1 percenters can’t do is assume responsibility—America’s national responsibilities: the care of its sick and its poor, the education of its young, the repair of its failing infrastructure, the repayment of its staggering war debts. Charity from the rich can’t fix global warming or lower the price of gasoline by one single red penny. That kind of salvation does not come from Mark Zuckerberg or Steve Ballmer saying, “OK, I’ll write a $2 million bonus check to the IRS.” That annoying responsibility stuff comes from three words that are anathema to the Tea Partiers: United American citizenry.




And hey, why don’t we get real about this? Most rich folks paying 28 percent taxes do not give out another 28 percent of their income to charity. Most rich folks like to keep their dough. They don’t strip their bank accounts and investment portfolios. They keep them and then pass them on to their children, their children’s children. And what they do give away is—like the monies my wife and I donate—totally at their own discretion. That’s the rich-guy philosophy in a nutshell: don’t tell us how to use our money; we’ll tell you.
The Koch brothers are right-wing creepazoids, but they’re giving right-wing creepazoids. Here’s an example: 68 million fine American dollars to Deerfield Academy. Which is great for Deerfield Academy. But it won’t do squat for cleaning up the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, where food fish are now showing up with black lesions. It won’t pay for stronger regulations to keep BP (or some other bunch of dipshit oil drillers) from doing it again. It won’t repair the levees surrounding New Orleans. It won’t improve education in Mississippi or Alabama. But what the hell—them li’l crackers ain’t never going to go to Deerfield Academy anyway. Fuck ’em if they can’t take a joke.
Here’s another crock of fresh bullshit delivered by the right wing of the Republican Party (which has become, so far as I can see, the only wing of the Republican Party): the richer rich people get, the more jobs they create. Really? I have a total payroll of about 60 people, most of them working for the two radio stations I own in Bangor, Maine. If I hit the movie jackpot—as I have, from time to time—and own a piece of a film that grosses $200 million, what am I going to do with it? Buy another radio station? I don’t think so, since I’m losing my shirt on the ones I own already. But suppose I did, and hired on an additional dozen folks. Good for them. Whoopee-ding for the rest of the economy.




I guess some of this mad right-wing love comes from the idea that in America, anyone can become a Rich Guy if he just works hard and saves his pennies. Mitt Romney has said, in effect, “I’m rich and I don’t apologize for it.” Nobody wants you to, Mitt. What some of us want—those who aren’t blinded by a lot of bullshit persiflage thrown up to mask the idea that rich folks want to keep their damn money—is for you to acknowledge that you couldn’t have made it in America without America. That you were fortunate enough to be born in a country where upward mobility is possible (a subject upon which Barack Obama can speak with the authority of experience), but where the channels making such upward mobility possible are being increasingly clogged. That it’s not fair to ask the middle class to assume a disproportionate amount of the tax burden. Not fair? It’s un-fucking-American is what it is. I don’t want you to apologize for being rich; I want you to acknowledge that in America, we all should have to pay our fair share. That our civics classes never taught us that being American means that—sorry, kiddies—you’re on your own. That those who have received much must be obligated to pay—not to give, not to “cut a check and shut up,” in Governor Christie’s words, but to pay—in the same proportion. That’s called stepping up and not whining about it. That’s called patriotism, a word the Tea Partiers love to throw around as long as it doesn’t cost their beloved rich folks any money.



http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...l?tw_p=twt

See You In Toledo
Reply

[Image: Bush-TaxCuts-2003-2012.gif]


The proof is that after the Bush Tax cuts were passed in 2003, revenues increased instead of decreasing, as the CBO had estimated, and yearly deficits decreased from 412 billion in 2004 to 160 billion in 2007. That happened in spite of higher yearly expenditures in those years.

When it comes to 2008, that year has to be taken in the context of the year with the worst financial crisis since the great depression, a crisis that was not, I repeat, was not created by the Bush economic policy, but by a housing entitlement programs created from the first CRA bill (Community Reinstatement Act) passed by the Clinton Administration and frequently supported and enhanced by the Democratic Congress (House and Senate) of 2004 to 2008. How easy we forget that before the crisis hit in 2008, the American voter, in its infinite wisdom, had given the power of legislating and expenditures back to the Democratic Party in 2004.
Reply

Please link to where you got that chart.Without even knowing where I can already tell its suspect.

See You In Toledo
Reply

[Image: S8-Y0xHrqQw]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...8-Y0xHrqQw
Reply

Please post where you got that chart from.

See You In Toledo
Reply

http://robbingamerica.blogspot.com/2012/...nding.html
Reply

Hilarious source.America's Chronicle.



[video=youtube;VmDwe43J9nQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmDwe43J9nQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

See You In Toledo
Reply

http://www.google.com/gwt/x?wsc=bf&wsi=b...pg1&whp=30

Is this legit?
Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...mRgaKfWMPA
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
06-24-2010, 04:05 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)