01-22-2010, 12:35 AM
littlelolly Wrote:This is a really huge deal. No one really understands what you've been through with Eli--I don't need to tell you what his survival rate was 10 years ago. Those are awesome O2 sats for sure. As long as he doesn't get any funk-ass arrythmias or anything like that in his 20's-30's he should be okay, right? His survival rate woulda been what--75% at age 5? Gotta be looking good now. He'll always get tired quicker--but if he's not blue, no one will ever know the difference.
One of my best friends has been down in Houston at MD Anderson's proton beam radiation center (with her 13 month-old only son) for the past three months. I had no idea that's where you were. Antonio Mott is a legend.
Eli hasn't gotten blue in 2-3 years even when he has been running around all day playing. This is because they closed off something in his heart that was left in the third surgery by Dr. Fraser. No mistake there by him but they just tried it with a heart cath that lasted about 8 hours it seemed lol and it worked.
Antonio Mott is the most kind, knowledgeable pediatric cardiologist I have ever met in my life down here and believe me I now know my share of them. Your knowledge of this whole thing is comforting Lolly to say the least. Unfortunately we lost Dr Mott to some hospital in Pennsylvania. He got some offer up there he just could not refuse he said. He left August 7th '09. He will be sorely missed. My wife started crying when he told us the news. Heck I almost did too lol. Eli saw Dr. Cannon today. He told my wife he will be monitoring Eli for arrythmias closely. He also told us that Antonio left him with his top 5 percentile of favorite patients and that was quite comforting to know for sure. I will tell my wife about your friend and her baby and assure you she will be in our family's prayers. If you would like to pm me her and her child's name we will pray for them by name.
I'm constantly surrounded by idiots. Present company included of course. :lol2:

