01-21-2010, 11:52 PM
littlelolly Wrote:Beau, that is beyond cool. I'm assuming he's already had the three surgeries and stuff--and won't have to have any more unless he hits issues in his 20s, right?
Appreciate it Lolly. Yes he had the three surgeries by the time he was 3 yrs. The miracle about Eli is his undersized left ventricle is actually pumping blood. They had not ever seen that before down here at Texas Children's in Houston. So the prognosis for him is better than expected although there really isn't much more than 25 years of data to go by. He could live until he is 50 we just don't know. He may go anytime. He has gained weight and grown quite normally. He holds O2 sat's in the mid to low 90's. Dr Mott has been amazed with him throughout his 10 years. Looking at him you would never know the difference from other kids with the exception he gets tired quicker. Every day with him is a true blessing from God as far as I'm concerned. Thanks again for the kind words.
I'm constantly surrounded by idiots. Present company included of course. :lol2:

