Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

March Madness Pool
#61

damn, i should have got my picks in
having geo mason over uconn would have netted me big time pts
:melt:

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#62

BIRD33 Wrote:A guy in Europe did better than you.


Quints got it if Nova wins.
Well, if Nova wins and then wins again, he's got it running away. I'd feel pretty good about myself if I was him.

I think that if Nova wins and then gets beat the next game, then I still win by one. Its kind of no fun to follow anymore though.

There must be several hundred thousand people in that Yahoo pool.
Reply
#63

there's a guy in the Trolltrain pool with 88 fucking points.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#64

snarg Wrote:damn, i should have got my picks in
having geo mason over uconn would have netted me big time pts
:melt:

You know, I've always thought in these "seeded" bracket pools that they should give the points based on the round AND the seed. If a guy picks an 11 seed to beat a 1 seed, that should net more points.

Say, Round 1 you get........ 1 x seed = your points for each correct pick.

Round 2 you get............... 2 x seed = your points for each correct pick.

And so on. If you had George Mason, you'd be way out in the lead, which you should be. I don't think an 11 seed has ever made the final four.

To take the safe bets, like I did, seems retarded to be ahead of anybody that picked some of these 4+ seed teams to be in the final four.
Reply
#65

cLaY Wrote:there's a guy in the Trolltrain pool with 88 fucking points.
I wouldn't know. They made a mistake and banned me there.
Reply
#66

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:I wouldn't know. They made a mistake and banned me there.

sucks for you

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#67

cLaY Wrote:sucks for you
leap frog a landmine.
Reply
#68

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:You know, I've always thought in these "seeded" bracket pools that they should give the points based on the round AND the seed. If a guy picks an 11 seed to beat a 1 seed, that should net more points.

Say, Round 1 you get........ 1 x seed = your points for each correct pick.

Round 2 you get............... 2 x seed = your points for each correct pick.

And so on. If you had George Mason, you'd be way out in the lead, which you should be. I don't think an 11 seed has ever made the final four.

To take the safe bets, like I did, seems retarded to be ahead of anybody that picked some of these 4+ seed teams to be in the final four.
I think this would totally fuck people up. They'd be picking upsets just because they'll get a ton of points if they happen to be right. It's an interesting idea, though.

And for the record, LSU was a #11 seed in 1986...

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#69

WoolyGoat Wrote:I think this would totally fuck people up. They'd be picking upsets just because they'll get a ton of points if they happen to be right. It's an interesting idea, though.

And for the record, LSU was a #11 seed in 1986...

I run a pool at work this way.Double the points if you pick a team thats seeded 3 seeds higher than the team you pick them to beat. It does get people to pick upsets but most people only pick two or three because you'll be done after the first day if you are wrong.


It looks like I won with flumper tying me.I am not shocked.Can someone confirm?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#70

BIRD33 Wrote:I run a pool at work this way.Double the points if you pick a team thats seeded 3 seeds higher than the team you pick them to beat. It does get people to pick upsets but most people only pick two or three because you'll be done after the first day if you are wrong.


It looks like I won with flumper tying me.I am not shocked.Can someone confirm?
Yeah, I won. Good job managing a tie.

I don't see anyone else that can get any points. Out of this group of 11, no one has a single team left that can get any points. :lool:
Reply
#71

Did you see that one dude had the final 4 in Yahoo? Dude with the name Tim McKenna. He is being accused of hacking and shit.
They are referencing some Stat website with a post by the guy of the same name from 2004. It is rediculous. Dude got lucky is what I figure. Maybe he is an alum.

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2...llist.html

If you search the site, you find Tim McKenna posted somegime in 2004 about some shit I don't even understand. Their are some yahoo players that are using that as evidence that he cheated.

I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?


Reply
#72

SanDog Wrote:Did you see that one dude had the final 4 in Yahoo? Dude with the name Tim McKenna. He is being accused of hacking and shit.
They are referencing some Stat website with a post by the guy of the same name from 2004. It is rediculous. Dude got lucky is what I figure. Maybe he is an alum.

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2...llist.html

If you search the site, you find Tim McKenna posted somegime in 2004 about some shit I don't even understand. Their are some yahoo players that are using that as evidence that he cheated.
I was wondering how many possible iterations there would be if you submitted every single combination of winning brackets. It would have to be astronomical.
Reply
#73

Top 50

Rank Team Points
1 Tim McKenna 105
2 The Vag Pumpers 104


I'm a big fan of the vag pumpers.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#74

who dat fag bird 33?
dat you in yo avatar?

[Image: ownster.gif][Image: joke1o.gif]
Reply
#75

we gotz a nigga hizzle
hellz yeh mofo he run dis shyt wid us
Reply
#76

I'm picking Florida to win it all!




































(Please un-sticky)
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by spunky
03-19-2010, 03:48 AM
Last Post by Banana
02-04-2010, 11:28 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)