Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best Duke Freshmen of all time....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/52430...ra#page/26

How bout my boy Mason Plumlee getting 25 and 12 last night?And his younger brother Marshall who's 7 feet tall just signed a letter of intent to play for Duke.3 Plumlees next year.Bonus fact:The Plumlee boys father is named....Perky.

See You In Toledo

Paging clay....I kind of remember him touting Kansas St. as this team to watch out for a few weeks back.

Duke dismantled them last night.If they are the real #4 team in the country we are looking at duke being the first team to go back to back twice since UCLA.I'm sure K St.'s star Pullen does great against the mizzou's and baylors of the world but against the cream of the crop he sucked shit.

Duke's D was spectacular.Did not allow them to run and gun and that was pretty much all they had to do.Unless you have Hank Gathers and Bo Kimble that type of game plan will not work long term.

I finally got to watch a full game of Kyrie Irving and I'm now seriously jacked up about him.He is a beast.He's bigger then John Scheyer was as a senior and takes the ball to the hole with guys hanging all over him.He is the best freshman they've had in years.Curry is fucking good as well.Good god they are stacked.

Congrats on the 800th win coach K.

See You In Toledo

It wasnt all bad for the state of Kansas last night.KU took on the venerable program known as Texas A & M CC which does not stand for "community college" as I first thought but "corpus christi".The jayhawks dropped more points(42) in the first half then the corpus christi's(?) did all game.This will surely get them ready for the tournament.

See You In Toledo

Does Kyrie stay in school if they win the championship?

Clay,

Does your opinion of Roy Williams being in the same class as coach K still hold up?

If it was any other program I would say Irving is gone no matter what happens this year but being its Duke, the class of all athletic programs in any sport, I can see him staying.Next years team will be stacked.

See You In Toledo

I was wondering the other day... which coach is even close to Coach K now. I think Izzio is close.. but who else? I mean seriously. We are watching one of the last living legends coach his ass off.

No one is close.Guy was winning titles 20 years ago and is still the pinnacle of his profession.In coaching in general only Phil Jackson is a peer.

See You In Toledo

Clay,

Who is the better coach if you take into account his entire career?

A. Bill Self
B. Roy Williams

The answer to the title of this thread is yes.8-12 from the field, 13-16 from the line.31 pts.They kept showing Jay Williams last night like he's on Irvings level.He wasnt.Williams was playing with Battier and Shelden Williams.Irving might be player of the year.

See You In Toledo

Duke PG Irving (toe) could be out for season

CBSSports.com wire reports
Dec. 9, 2010
DURHAM, N.C. -- Top-ranked Duke says freshman point guard Kyrie Irving is out indefinitely with a toe injury, and coach Mike Krzyzewski said there's a possibility it could be for the rest of the season.

Krzyzewski said after Wednesday night's 83-48 win over Bradley that the star guard is being evaluated by doctors at Duke and nationally. The team hopes to learn more about his status in the next week to 10 days, but Krzyzewski called Irving's injury "a serious one."

Irving sat on the bench in street clothes wearing a boot on his right foot to protect the big toe injured in last weekend's win against Butler. Krzyzewski said the team didn't learn of the seriousness of the injury until it returned to campus and that Irving could be out "for a long time."

"Everybody's game changes, including mine," Krzyzewski said. "It doesn't mean a wholesale change in what you're doing, but it changes everything including the habits of having played with that great player for the entire preseason and eight games."

Irving was second on the team in scoring at 17.4 points per game, while his ability to push the ball in transition had sparked a faster pace for the defending national champions. He had a season-high 31 points in a practically flawless performance here against Michigan State last week, then had 21 points against Butler and even returned to the game after suffering the injury.

Senior Nolan Smith was the primary ballhandler against Bradley and had a career-high 10 assists, but he managed just two points on 0-for-8 shooting. Seth Curry served as Smith's backup, while freshman Tyler Thornton also saw minutes early against the Braves.

See You In Toledo

Hurts.

Here's some "did you knows?"...

the last two New Jersey point guards K recruited, Hurley and Williams...both equaled titles. Losing Irving early in the year is a dagger, but I don't think it matters much if he's back for tourney time. They will coast through the joke that is the ACC. Duke is still a legitimate number 1 in the nation without him. I think if Irving stays in game shape through his injury he'll be back for the end of the ACC regular season without missing a beat, especially with the quick start he had at the beginning of the year.

in bill self's first 8 years at Kansas he is off to his 4th 8-0 start, Roy William's in his 15 years at Kansas had 2. Roy's been exposed. He can't coach the college game with talent. Defense is so critical. I think the one and done rule hurts Roy's coaching style. He needs guys that stick around. I also think he's over evaluated quite a few of the guys on his team, specifically Drew. Gotta have guys that can run the point at a college level to succeed. If Roy misses the tourney again, is his job on the line? I've gotta say no, but this level of medocrity is laughable, especially the hype in the polls they get in the preseason. Harrison Barnes on any other team in America is still not All-American material. I think he's a solid ball player and he can be developed, but they guys moves like a guy playing the 4.

I think it would have been hard to tout K-State if I haven't been on here. I may have put them in the Final Four, maybe not. Pullen can't run the point and be a scorer. Last year they had Clemente. They fed off their D and effort. This years it's really lacking. Dick Vitale put KU finishing number 5 in the Big 12. I wish that guy had gotten cancer instead of Jimmy V.

Anyone who hasn't seen Josh Selby shoot the basketball, youtube it. Guy's stroke is legit.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours

Here's some "did you knows?"...

the last two New Jersey point guards K recruited, Hurley and Williams...both equaled titles. Losing Irving early in the year is a dagger, but I don't think it matters much if he's back for tourney time. They will coast through the joke that is the ACC. Duke is still a legitimate number 1 in the nation without him. I think if Irving stays in game shape through his injury he'll be back for the end of the ACC regular season without missing a beat, especially with the quick start he had at the beginning of the year.

in bill self's first 8 years at Kansas he is off to his 4th 8-0 start, Roy William's in his 15 years at Kansas had 2. Roy's been exposed. He can't coach the college game with talent. Defense is so critical. I think the one and done rule hurts Roy's coaching style. He needs guys that stick around. I also think he's over evaluated quite a few of the guys on his team, specifically Drew. Gotta have guys that can run the point at a college level to succeed. If Roy misses the tourney again, is his job on the line? I've gotta say no, but this level of medocrity is laughable, especially the hype in the polls they get in the preseason. Harrison Barnes on any other team in America is still not All-American material. I think he's a solid ball player and he can be developed, but they guys moves like a guy playing the 4.

I think it would have been hard to tout K-State if I haven't been on here. I may have put them in the Final Four, maybe not. Pullen can't run the point and be a scorer. Last year they had Clemente. They fed off their D and effort. This years it's really lacking. Dick Vitale put KU finishing number 5 in the Big 12. I wish that guy had gotten cancer instead of Jimmy V.

Anyone who hasn't seen Josh Selby shoot the basketball, youtube it. Guy's stroke is legit.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours

cLaY Wrote:Here's some "did you knows?"...

So right about Drew.If he was Larry Smith not the son of a former player he'd be the 8th man off the bench.Barnes is way overrated.Talk about a kid who would have been a lottery pick on hype only who got exposed during his freshman year and now wouldnt go in the first round.If Roy misses the tourney this year(which I doubt they will) there will be pressure on him to do something or get fired.From what I hear Dean Smith is almost a walking zombie so he's not going to be there to protect him forever.

One thing about Roy that he's got over Bill Self is I don't recall dudes on Kansas getting arrested for burglary during Roy's tenure.

K State is overrated.Pullen chokes in big spots.He was horrendous against Duke.

See You In Toledo

I was looking at the roster last week and noticed there is only 1 senior.

You think any chance Rivers stays another year or two? With a plumlee, dawkins and curry being seniors next year it could be a HUGE year.....

We also have this kid coming in:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/duke/basketball/...RkmL.GrpB4

Sub Zero is leaving this year.Bank on it.Kyrie Irving getting rookie of the year in the NBA seals it.

I like this Duke team but I'm not real high on their potential.UNC gave them that game more than anything.In the last 3 minutes Zeller tips a Duke shot in, missed a foul shot to put them up three and then got the game winner buried in his face.

Curry is living off his brothers name and dawkins isnt going to even make the NBA.The Plumlees are average at best.Their other big man Kelly hangs out at the three point line.They will get killed by a team that pounds it down low in the tourney if they are not lights out from behind the three point line.

I have no idea who that kid is.

See You In Toledo

I don't know anything about the kid other than what I can read. Texas offered him and had the same guy that recruited Durant, DJ Augustine and Damion James going after him. I wonder how many times the guy said You can be the next Durant.

Kid had offers from Baylor, Indiana, North Carolina, Oregon St, Texas and Texas A&M. He is listed as the 5th best at his position and the 32nd best in the country.

Duke has offers to this kid...
http://rivals.yahoo.com/duke/basketball/...rker-73304
No way he goes to duke.

You ever hear of this kid from philly?
http://rivals.yahoo.com/Duke/basketball/...XjExeTrpB4

#31 got used like a bitch.

[video=youtube;jtfNegUxAcY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jtfNegUxAcY[/video]

See You In Toledo

Why not foul? Damn yo!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by s.murph
04-19-2018, 12:56 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
06-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
11-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Last Post by bam
01-19-2010, 09:25 PM