Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Something to get Flumper's blood flowing.

Talking to the father of one of my daughter's friends last night, who's a bridge builder and worried about the LARGE company he works for going under. Apparently they sent each employee a letter which talked about the effects of the Obama Stimulus package now under debate. All of the proposed construction projects in the package are going to be open for bid to unionized companies only. So now they are looking at either mass layoffs or unionizing their entire workforce.

I'm depressed because they took out the 20 billion they had set aside for new school construction.Thats money right out of my pocket.

See You In Toledo

The best way to stimulate the economy is to print money and spend it feverishly!

Anhil8tor Wrote:The best way to stimulate the economy is to print money and spend it feverishly!

You're just pissy because the price of oil is down and so is demand.

Anhil8tor Wrote:The best way to stimulate the economy is to print money and spend it feverishly!

How did those stimulus checks we got last year help fix the economy?

See You In Toledo

Bill Wrote:You're just pissy because the price of oil is down and so is demand.

No way buddy. Louisiana is one of the few states that is still drilling because we allow the oil companies to work on our shelf in deep water.

BIRD33 Wrote:How did those stimulus checks we got last year help fix the economy?

They didn't. Its been proven that giving people money shouldn't be done. Obamas plan is giving money to low income which won't work either. He will also be allowing Bush's tax cuts to expire which will raise our taxes inadvertently. Our two last "depressions" occurred when taxes were raised in a recession.

Anhil8tor Wrote:No way buddy. Louisiana is one of the few states that is still drilling because we allow the oil companies to work on our shelf in deep water.

They didn't. Its been proven that giving people money shouldn't be done. Obamas plan is giving money to low income which won't work either. He will also be allowing Bush's tax cuts to expire which will raise our taxes inadvertently. Our two last "depressions" occurred when taxes were raised in a recession.

Can you show me how giving money to low income people is part of his plan?I see plans to help people like that with jobs and other programs but I've yet to see a part of the stimulus that actually cuts checks to poor people.

See You In Toledo

Under the terms of the deal, laid-off workers are eligible for as much as 33 weeks of extended unemployment benefits, including a $25 increase in weekly benefits.

There’s also a 13 percent increase in money for food stamp programs, $4 billion for more job training, $2 billion to help communities buy and restore foreclosed properties, and $1.5 billion in short-term rental assistance for families who’ve lost their homes.

laid-off workers aren't the same as poor people

[Image: boston.jpg]

WoolyGoat Wrote:laid-off workers aren't the same as poor people

x43

WoolyGoat Wrote:laid-off workers aren't the same as poor people

No they're poor and not in the oil industry so they deserve to be thrown out on the street.

See You In Toledo

Anhil8tor Wrote:Under the terms of the deal, laid-off workers are eligible for as much as 33 weeks of extended unemployment benefits, including a $25 increase in weekly benefits.

There’s also a 13 percent increase in money for food stamp programs, $4 billion for more job training, $2 billion to help communities buy and restore foreclosed properties, and $1.5 billion in short-term rental assistance for families who’ve lost their homes.

No sympathy for laid off workers?

No sympathy for hungry kids whose parents are laid off?

Job training is a negative thing?

You are pro-people being homeless?

See You In Toledo

BIRD33 Wrote:No they're poor and not in the oil industry so they deserve to be thrown out on the street.

If this were true there would be little to no poor in the middle east which means they could pay us for their so-called freedom which would offset the 1 billion a month it costs us to be over there.

Bill Wrote:If this were true there would be little to no poor in the middle east which means they could pay us for their so-called freedom which would offset the 1 billion a month it costs us to be over there.

According to past leaders they have enough oil to pay for the cost of our war against them.I'm not sure why they havent cut that check yet.

See You In Toledo

Bill Wrote:If this were true there would be little to no poor in the middle east which means they could pay us for their so-called freedom which would offset the 1 billion a month it costs us to be over there.

On the plus side, soldiers are getting paid out of that billion.

Jimmy - The old Hardcore Standard. :clap:

Negatory James.We already budget the cost of paying soldiers in the yearly budget.The billion is on top of that.

Edit:I forgot about combat pay.Thats probably apart of that billion.

See You In Toledo

as for the stimulus thing it's a rough at bat for Obama. He'll be lambasted if passes it, and filleted if he sits back and does nothing. I personally didn't believe in the TARP bill. I think the economy would have taken a tremendous hit but would have came out sunny on the other side in a rather short amount of time. Now I feel like Obama has to get this stimulus thing through just to keep thing limping along long enough for things to go through their natural correction. Historically speaking though I equate this stimulus to Roosevelt's new deal, which by many economist accounts may have actually contributed to lengthening the great depression.

Yeah you guys are right. I'm sure those hungry kids are going to see the increase in food in their house.

Anhil8tor Wrote:Yeah you guys are right. I'm sure those hungry kids are going to see the increase in food in their house.

Whats your issue with laid off workers?

Are they all poor blacks in your mind?

So none of those food stamps will be used for food?

Whats it like being perfect?

See You In Toledo

Anhil8tor Wrote:Yeah you guys are right. I'm sure those hungry kids are going to see the increase in food in their house.

personally I could care less. Last summer when gas prices were astronomical I wanna know why didn't someone say "well middle east...you know those bushels of corn and rice you wanted to buy for 12 dollars a piece...well now they're, oh lets go with 130 bucks a piece...what's that? cann't afford it....well eat some of that oil ya'll have so much of."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by ncbiker
07-30-2014, 05:52 AM
Last Post by leeman
03-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Last Post by who
03-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Last Post by Starring_Emma
06-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Last Post by Blondie
05-18-2010, 08:48 AM