Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

I bought a new Home Theater System....
#1

at lunch. pioneer 1000 watt. dolby 6.1/dts...I wonder if it will be better than the RCA 600 watt 5.1 system I'm replacing? discuss:
Reply
#2

Where'd you buy it from?
I keep looking at http://www.cnet.com and comparing prices on things.
Reply
#3

Blueeyedwoman Wrote:Where'd you buy it from?
I keep looking at www.cnet.com and comparing prices on things.

Cnet is wonderfull...oddly enough though, I bought the damn thing at walmart....I did the price check though cnet then yahoo shopping...and it was the same price just about everywhere so I just went to the closest place to save on gas.

here's what I bought.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Pioneer_HTP_2600...ml?tag=tab
Reply
#4

$200, huh? How's it sound?
Somebody told me a while back, I can't even remember who, to spend at least $500 on a system to get really good sound.
You might guess that I don't have one yet.
But for $200 I might do it.
Reply
#5

Blueeyedwoman Wrote:$200, huh? How's it sound?
Somebody told me a while back, I can't even remember who, to spend at least $500 on a system to get really good sound.
You might guess that I don't have one yet.
But for $200 I might do it.

I don't know...it's sitting in my car right now.

I bought an RCA like 2 years ago. for like 350...it sounds great. but it doesn't fit in the new cabinet Mrs Bill bought over the weekend..so I had to get a new one that fits...I'm moving the RCA to the basement where I can hook it to my old bigscreen...we're planning on buying a LCD tv for each other for x-mas so we got rid of our old big and bulky entertainment center....I'll keep ya updated on how it sounds.
Reply
#6

Bill Wrote:at lunch. pioneer 1000 watt. dolby 6.1/dts...I wonder if it will be better than the RCA 600 watt 5.1 system I'm replacing? discuss:


Sounds like a lot of power for a guy who watch porn muted so the wife doesn't find out.

STFU!
Reply
#7

newduser Wrote:Sounds like a lot of power for a guy who watch porn muted so the wife doesn't find out.

head phones Bro, headphone....
Reply
#8

Bill Wrote:I don't know...it's sitting in my car right now.

I bought an RCA like 2 years ago. for like 350...it sounds great. but it doesn't fit in the new cabinet Mrs Bill bought over the weekend..so I had to get a new one that fits...I'm moving the RCA to the basement where I can hook it to my old bigscreen...we're planning on buying a LCD tv for each other for x-mas so we got rid of our old big and bulky entertainment center....I'll keep ya updated on how it sounds.


LCD? What do you think of the plasmas? I was THIS close to getting one about a year ago but I don't like the high possibility of screen burn-in. Plus, if it breaks they can't be repaired, so you're forced to spend another $500 on insurance.

LCDs could be the answer. I want to have flat screen mounted over my living room fireplace. What do you think?
Reply
#9

Blueeyedwoman Wrote:LCD? What do you think of the plasmas? I was THIS close to getting one about a year ago but I don't like the high possibility of screen burn-in. Plus, if it breaks they can't be repaired, so you're forced to spend another $500 on insurance.

LCDs could be the answer. I want to have flat screen mounted over my living room fireplace. What do you think?

LCD is definatly the way to go right now...unless you can afford the DLP...which I cann't. but as for over the fireplace. yeah it looks nice and all, but it seems like you'd always be looking up to watch TV....like sitting in the front row of the movie theather, which I personally don't like....we bought a Buffet table from the local furniture store...it has drawers down the middle, and two glass doors to either side...we are gonna put the lcd on top of it....also with the fireplace install, unless you plan on tearing apart the wall to install the necessary wireing, you'll always have the wires handing down your wall.
Reply
#10

Buying stuff is for suckers.

BIRD33 Wrote:Im guessing BEW's vag loks like a hotdog that exploded in the microwave.
Reply
#11

TomFoolery Wrote:Buying stuff is for suckers.

So your down to sucking cocks for free?

ps. not all of epoch jobs like TF.
Reply
#12

Dude, Bill...try not to drag your ass on the installation and post up a review, eh?
Reply
#13

I like your buffet table idea but I don't have room for that. As for looking up over the f.p. it's not all that high and the couch is set back a little. I think it'd be okay.

The install would be very clean, no wires at all but they charge 1k to do it, lol. When I looked into the whole thing last year it was going to run me several thousand dollars to get the t.v. itself, the sound system, the install.

I checked the money tree in the back yard but it's not in bloom yet.
Reply
#14

Blueeyedwoman Wrote:I like your buffet table idea but I don't have room for that. As for looking up over the f.p. it's not all that high and the couch is set back a little. I think it'd be okay.

The install would be very clean, no wires at all but they charge 1k to do it, lol. When I looked into the whole thing last year it was going to run me several thousand dollars to get the t.v. itself, the sound system, the install.

I checked the money tree in the back yard but it's not in bloom yet.

I'm sure you could find some strapping young buck to take care of that in exchange for certain services. Have I mentioned that I'm quite handy with electrical stuff? :*>
Reply
#15

Raiden Wrote:Dude, Bill...try not to drag your ass on the installation and post up a review, eh?

it will be installed before I go to bed tonight.....we always have a radio playing at my house and the past 25 hours without one has been bad....Mrs Bill will see to it.
Reply
#16

Blueeyedwoman Wrote:I like your buffet table idea but I don't have room for that. As for looking up over the f.p. it's not all that high and the couch is set back a little. I think it'd be okay.

The install would be very clean, no wires at all but they charge 1k to do it, lol. When I looked into the whole thing last year it was going to run me several thousand dollars to get the t.v. itself, the sound system, the install.

I checked the money tree in the back yard but it's not in bloom yet.


my money tree died.....I think for lack of water...
Reply
#17

Raiden Wrote:I'm sure you could find some strapping young buck to take care of that in exchange for certain services. Have I mentioned that I'm quite handy with electrical stuff? :*>




Hmmm. Let me think on that.
Reply
#18

Bill Wrote:at lunch. pioneer 1000 watt. dolby 6.1/dts...I wonder if it will be better than the RCA 600 watt 5.1 system I'm replacing? discuss:
Congratulations. Now you can play your Best of the Carpenters LP.

[Image: Crosley_CR-46_Record_Player-Phonograph_web.jpg]
Reply
#19

The problem is you can't get longer than a 4 year warranty on the Plasma, as they know they are only good for that long. Sucks.

I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?


Reply
#20

update:

Iit's installed... did the quick set-up and so far sounds pretty fuckin good, crisp highs, deep lows....granted it's no bose system, but it does produce a really good quality sound. Also, the distortion remains low when you crank it. I intend to sit down with the owner's manual and do a proper set-up tonight...so far I am more than pleased. For the price it was more than worth it.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by snarg
03-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Last Post by Ntype
11-07-2008, 04:22 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)