04-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Why Math is Taught in School---- (Written By A Very Wise Man)
I was riding to work yesterday when I observed a female driver cut
right
in front of a pickup truck, causing him to have to drive on to the
shoulder to avoid hitting her. This evidently angered the driver
enough
that he hung his arm out his window and "flipped" the woman off.
"Man, that guy is stupid," I thought to myself. I ALWAYS smile nicely
and
wave in a sheepish manner whenever a female does anything to me in
traffic, and here's why:
I drive 48 miles each way every day to work. That's 96 miles each
day.
Of these, 16 miles each way is bumper-to-bumper. Most of the
bumper-to-bumper is on an 8 lane highway. There are 7 cars every 40
feet for 32 miles. That works out to be 982 cars every mile, or 31,424
cars.
Even though the rest of the 32 miles is not bumper-to-bumper, I figure
I pass at least another 4000 cars. That brings the number to something
like 36,000 cars that I pass every day.
Statistically, females drive half of these. That's 18,000 women
drivers!
In any given group of females, 1 in 28 has PMS. That's 642.
According to Cosmopolitan, 70% describe their love life as
dissatisfying
or unrewarding. That's 449.
According to the National Institutes of Health, 22% of all females
have
seriously considered suicide or homicide. That's 98.
And 34% describe men as their biggest problem. That's 33.
According to the National Rifle Association, 5% of all females carry
weapons, and this number is increasing.
That means that EVERY SINGLE DAY, I drive past at least one female
that has a lousy love life, thinks men are her biggest problem, has
seriously considered suicide or homicide, has PMS, and is armed.
Flip one off? I think not......
I was riding to work yesterday when I observed a female driver cut
right
in front of a pickup truck, causing him to have to drive on to the
shoulder to avoid hitting her. This evidently angered the driver
enough
that he hung his arm out his window and "flipped" the woman off.
"Man, that guy is stupid," I thought to myself. I ALWAYS smile nicely
and
wave in a sheepish manner whenever a female does anything to me in
traffic, and here's why:
I drive 48 miles each way every day to work. That's 96 miles each
day.
Of these, 16 miles each way is bumper-to-bumper. Most of the
bumper-to-bumper is on an 8 lane highway. There are 7 cars every 40
feet for 32 miles. That works out to be 982 cars every mile, or 31,424
cars.
Even though the rest of the 32 miles is not bumper-to-bumper, I figure
I pass at least another 4000 cars. That brings the number to something
like 36,000 cars that I pass every day.
Statistically, females drive half of these. That's 18,000 women
drivers!
In any given group of females, 1 in 28 has PMS. That's 642.
According to Cosmopolitan, 70% describe their love life as
dissatisfying
or unrewarding. That's 449.
According to the National Institutes of Health, 22% of all females
have
seriously considered suicide or homicide. That's 98.
And 34% describe men as their biggest problem. That's 33.
According to the National Rifle Association, 5% of all females carry
weapons, and this number is increasing.
That means that EVERY SINGLE DAY, I drive past at least one female
that has a lousy love life, thinks men are her biggest problem, has
seriously considered suicide or homicide, has PMS, and is armed.
Flip one off? I think not......

