Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

2.0 got in his third fight at school

His first was with two twins who were bullying him. At the end of the day 2.0 and I had to sit in the principal's office listening to why it is never okay to put our hands on other people. What a joke. On the way home I told the little man I was not upset with him and was proud that he stood up for himself.

The second time: There's a little blonde girl that follows him around saying he's her boyfriend and it drives him nuts. One day at hockey this little dude, Sam, pushed her down. 2.0 cross checked him from behind. The hockey folks told the school and the next day we were back in the principals office.

Monday was number three. Playing dodgeball during gym class he hit another kid with a playground ball. The other kid started crying, so 2.0 started teasing him. When the other kid got up, he told 2.0 he was going to have his big brother beat him up. 2.0 shoved him backwards and the kid fell. The principal gave 2.0 a scolding on his behavior. At the end of the day the principal wanted to talk about it. When I heard the other kid had been taunting 2.0 most of the day. So had to give the principal VitE's view on fighting. She wasn't a fan but kids need to realize they are soley responsible for how others treat them and conflict has a bigger impact than a stack of school warning letters.

Thoughts?

leeman Wrote:I love the meathead...

Things are getting out of hand as far as school policies on "bullying." I would keep doing what you are doing - impress upon him that the school sees things differently, but standing up for yourself is never a bad thing.

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.

Cucumber Wrote:Things are getting out of hand as far as school policies on "bullying." I would keep doing what you are doing - impress upon him that the school sees things differently, but standing up for yourself is never a bad thing.

He thinks Calgary flames are pussies.

Yeah, that's a tough call. I can see the school's side, but I know that is just the position that they have to take. As long as they don't do anything that affects permanent records or anything, then I could probably play their game.

But I would definitely let the kid know that you don't instegate fights, but you certainly don't have to be afraid to stand up for yourself. In the long run, you will probably avoid more situations by standing up then being known for backing down.

I'd have played it about the way you did, I think.

I kind of miss the old days where the coach or principal would just take you out and bust your ass for fighting regardless who started it. At least you knew the consequences going in and as long as the fight was worth the later ass whipping, then no one cared.

Vitamin E Wrote:He thinks Calgary flames are pussies.

Those kids must have hit him hard.

Nice work on the tags, Nana! Scrunt!

Vitamin E Wrote:Nice work on the tags, Nana! Scrunt!

That wasn't my work, I actually agree with you.

Seeing that terrible was spelled correctly, I kinda ruled out the rest of the admins.

Bird's the only non-parent in here.

I confess.3 fights in one school year seems excessive.You seem ok with your kid teasing the one kid.

See You In Toledo

Get him some brass knuckles will ya ....

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?

BIRD33 Wrote:I confess.3 fights in one school year seems excessive.You seem ok with your kid teasing the one kid.

Oh it was over 2 years.

Actually I was kinda pissed when I heard he made fun of the kid for crying....up until the other kid fessed up to teasing 2.0 earlier.

I can't keep my dog from pissing on the carpet so pay no attention to me.

See You In Toledo

I think you handled it well Vitamin E.

I agree with bam, you were brilliant.

all sounds well E.

8.2 starts school in August and I'm not looking forward to it. He is big for his age still and I'm afraid he will inadvertently hurt some other kids.

I remember getting in a fight in middle school (5th grade) and trading blows with another kid. Two 8th graders come over and bring us to the on duty teacher (which was the PE coach). He brought us into the guy and into his office and closed the door, got behind his desk and said finish it. We both looked at him like WTF? and he again said finish it, so I rared back and punched the kid dead in the nose. In hindsight it was a dirty shot because the kid had his guard down but the coach gave us two "finish it" chances. That pretty much ended the fight cause the kid started bleeding like a stuck pig..... the coach said no more fighting or you both get suspended.

As long as he's not bullying other kids, it's good for him to let other kids know he's not one to fuck with.

Son, I am Disappoint.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Blondie
02-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
07-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
01-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Last Post by who
11-10-2008, 12:17 AM