Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

josh beckett
#61

what kool aid am I drinking? I'm not disagreeing with the suspension, and I think the barstool guys are idiots.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#62

If you don't see becketts close to 100% at fault for the whole incident you're a kool-aid drinker.Next in line is the ump for poorly handling it, almost no blame to abreu.He just fucking stood there while the guy took a full minute to pitch after he got the sign.

That bar stool post with the %'s is ludicrous.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#63

BIRD33 Wrote:I and a lot of people outside boston disagree with you.
good call dickhead

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashP...llId=70042

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#64

I'm no pollster but isn't the "too harsh" option basically an admission by some people that a penalty was deserved for becketts actions but it was to much of a penalty?Thats not saying he was in the right, they just disagree with the length of the penalty.If you figured half of the 49% "too harsh" voters would have voted "ridiculous, he was not at fault" and the other half voted "penalty was needed but it was too harsh" thats still a majority of voters saying he was in the wrong for an incident he wasnt even thrown out of the game for.

35% thought the penalty was "just right" and 16% thought it "not enough" so you have an automatic 51% who think Beckett was the asshole here.Even if you only give 10% of the "too harsh" column to the anti beckett crowd thats still a 61% majority who think exactly the opposite of what you thought the poll results showed.Map blue, me must be right.



Translastion:"I'm wicked smaht".

See You In Toledo
Reply
#65

If Josh Beckett showed up, you'd be at the head of the line to suck his dick.

leeman Wrote:I love the meathead...
Reply
#66

BIRD33 Wrote:How could Wooley be so off base on weather or not this merited some kind of punishment?

this little gem had me in stitches

i am not a boston fan, beckett being suspended for that toss is a fucking travesty
i think these decisions are not based on events any more, but strictly by pr considerations
really a bad direction to go for the governing bodies of the sports
just another symptom of the decline of america


Boston manager Terry Francona left Anaheim under the impression that the umpiring crew didn't feel Beckett or the Red Sox had done anything wrong.
"I didn't expect to hear from the league," Francona said. "Sounds like they overruled the umpires, and that's disturbing."



tito is a pretty cool customer, and makes a lot off sense
the league is wrong here, as is often the case


oh, and ftr, i reckon tweety has raised the bar for himself in this theard
it will be dififcult for him to look more ridiculous or more poorly ejumicated than he has managed to appear here
but i am counting on the li'l guy to outdo himself on or before may 5

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#67

BIRD33 Wrote:I'm no pollster but isn't the "too harsh" option basically an admission by some people that a penalty was deserved for becketts actions but it was to much of a penalty?Thats not saying he was in the right, they just disagree with the length of the penalty.If you figured half of the 49% "too harsh" voters would have voted "ridiculous, he was not at fault" and the other half voted "penalty was needed but it was too harsh" thats still a majority of voters saying he was in the wrong for an incident he wasnt even thrown out of the game for.

35% thought the penalty was "just right" and 16% thought it "not enough" so you have an automatic 51% who think Beckett was the asshole here.Even if you only give 10% of the "too harsh" column to the anti beckett crowd thats still a 61% majority who think exactly the opposite of what you thought the poll results showed.Map blue, me must be right.



Translastion:"I'm wicked smaht".
hey einstein, 49% of people think the minimum (6 games is the shortest suspension you'll generally see for a starting pitcher...but I'm sure you already knew that) suspension was too harsh, and 35% think the minimum suspension was just about right.

That's almost 85% of people essentially saying this is a normal baseball occurrence that was handled appropriately within the confines of the game and its rules.

The idiots crying about attempted murder (BIRD33, New York, New Jersey, and California) are clearly in the minority. But you go ahead with whatever fucked up survey interpretation you want to throw at us. We all know you're the only enlightened one here (sorry snarg) and could probably prove that the earth is flat if you just put your mind to it.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#68

no apology needed, wooly
i bow to the supreme intellect and logic of our one true leader
the way he makes the words and numbers dance is remarkable
only a bigger fool than i would dispute his indubitable superiority

you have to admire the way he crunched those numbers to prove his point!!!

this theard has a ton of entertainment value, and we owe it all to tweety's greatness, imho

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#69

What would be more surprising?The sun not rising this morning or Snarg not siding with Wooley?

Sorry you can't read polls correctly.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#70

damn, tweety, are you off your meds lately?

siding with wooly?? you are badly out of touch
i don't like boston franchises and i like wooly's neo-con bent even less
the twerp voted of mccain, fercrissakes

as for your math, we can let the facts speak for themselves here weather or not you agree Rolleyes

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#71

what if becket was circumsized?
Reply
#72

:loool: Then, at least we wouldn't be able to blame his murder attempt on AIDS. :roll:
Reply
#73

I'll refrain from comment for fear of someone blowing a gasket.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#74

risk it

leeman Wrote:I love the meathead...
Reply
#75

BIRD33 Wrote:I'll refrain from comment for fear of someone blowing a gasket.

That's a refreshing change of pace.

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#76

Oh no you didnt!

See You In Toledo
Reply
#77

Happy Gilmore is a Boston Fan.

So is Jimmy Fallon.

leeman Wrote:I love the meathead...
Reply
#78

whats THIS shit all about??
Reply
#79

CT280 Wrote:whats THIS shit all about??

When I think about Josh Beckett I think about circumcision.Thats not weird.


This sums up boston fans perfectly.
http://deadspin.com/5379765/fire-up-the-...ack-sunday

See You In Toledo
Reply
#80

don't forget BC got smoked on Saturday and the Bruins lost too.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Sassy
05-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
11-23-2005, 06:23 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)