Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Duke vs UNC
#61

When Coach K wins US a gold medal in basketball....


does that mean he'll be the best coach in the history of college basketball?
Reply
#62

The olympics has nothing to do with college basketball.I'd just call him the best coach in the world.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#63

yeah, it takes a "great" coach to win with the best players in the world

:roll:

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#64

snarg Wrote:yeah, it takes a "great" coach to win with the best players in the world

:roll:

Why did "legendary" coach Larry Brown only manage a fucking bronze in the last olympics?To be able to adapt to the europeon style basketball which is more 3 point and team play oreinted with a bunch of overpaid players who are used to being the best player on their team while playing one on one offense is no small feat.Please also note how much stronger euro ball players get every year.K is the greatest coach on earth.Thanks for helping me settle that by destroying your point.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#65

If I were coach K i'd wear my gold medal for all the games I coach until the US wins another gold medal.


If it were so easy to win with the best players in the world.. wouldn't the US have more gold medals?
Reply
#66

BIRD33 Wrote:Why did "legendary" coach Larry Brown only manage a fucking bronze in the last olympics?To be able to adapt to the europeon style basketball which is more 3 point and team play oreinted with a bunch of overpaid players who are used to being the best player on their team while playing one on one offense is no small feat.Please also note how much stronger euro ball players get every year.K is the greatest coach on earth.Thanks for helping me settle that by destroying your point.

yeah, he's a legendary failure

ps/ your credibility would rise if you could spell, tweety

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#67

But can't anyone coach the best players in the world to a gold medal????

If I cared about my credibility in respect to retired dicks I'd work on that.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#68

lots of coaches have failed to win with the best players, 'sup, bellicheat?
let's see what happens
k has failed with better players in the past
if he wins, so what?
he has the best team with which to work
if he loses, just another coach of an underachieving team

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#69

True except I don't remember a team where K lost with better players and Bellicheat is far from the greatest coach ever.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#70

in the past ten yrs, how many times has he been bounced from the tourney with the higher seed??

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#71

a handfull but that doesnt mean he's got a great team to start with.How many times has K been upset in the first or second round his whole career?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#72

too many

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#73

snarg Wrote:yeah, he's a legendary failure

ps/ your credibility would rise if you could spell, tweety

Larry Brown, only coach to win a title at the college and pro level. I'd say he's a legend.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#74

yeah, he's a legend
and another coach who lost with the better players
you do know he was not a good coach in the olympics, right?

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#75

coach k will win the gold and will win at least 2 more titles.
who had the coach k troll?
this would be a great time for him to make an appearance.
Reply
#76

snarg Wrote:yeah, he's a legend
and another coach who lost with the better players
you do know he was not a good coach in the olympics, right?

You really think Larry had a better squad than this year? I don't. Wade, Lebron, and Carmelo were all rookies. No Chris Paul or Derron Williams. I think I read where 10 of its 12 players elected, did not want to participate.

Here's 2004:

I'd say this year's team makes 2004 look like the Charlotte Bobcats.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#77

show me another team that had equal talent
oops, there isn't one

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#78

The dream team, the team right after the dream team?Thats two right off the top of my head.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#79

let's see a non-US team, silly

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#80

The mark of a great olympic coach is getting all those ego's on the same page which some great coaches in the past could not, John Thompson in 88', Larry Brown.So lets just come together and agree that K is the greatest coach in international and college basketball.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
06-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
02-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
01-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Last Post by quint
02-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
02-07-2008, 05:03 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)