Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

I'm shopping for a couple of new tv's
#1

any of you guys know shit about the difference between plasma, lcd, and DLP? specifically, I want somebody to tell me why I should pay 50% more for a flat panel over a DLP. I don't have any space issues that require a 3" profile set so I'm talking just about picture quality, glare, and viewing angle.

specifically I'm looking at 40"-46" sets for the upstairs family room, where there's a lot of natural light so glare is a big concern and viewing angle a smaller concern. in the basement I want an obnoxious home theater type (50-60+") set. I can control the lighting down there so I'm not as concerned about glare, but viewing angle is more of an issue

anything you know about differences in the technologies, brand recommendations, etc would be appreciated. also, anybody know why I can't seem to find picture-in-picture on DLPs?
Reply
#2

What is this fucking radio shack?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#3

BIRD33 Wrote:What is this fucking radio shack?

I thought I was posting this at wtf ><
Reply
#4

I don't know shit about tv's.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#5

f wtf
Reply
#6

quint Wrote:f wtf

CF?
Reply
#7

Anhil8tor Wrote:CF?

joined cf and it around the same time mid 2005.
was a uj member (under a different nic)
haven't been back in years to uj, due to way it changed
i just don't understand all these other boards.
Reply
#8

we're here for you quint
Reply
#9

i feel like sally field.
Reply
#10

quint Wrote:i feel like sally field.

she the one that's a hermaphrodite?
Reply
#11

on your tv question:

i have 3 lcd flat screens and 1 dlp.
everyone i talked to prior advised stay away from plasma.
samsung,sony and toshiba have good reputations.
Reply
#12

what? Wrote:she the one that's a hermaphrodite?

i guess you wouldn't have to leave the house then.
Reply
#13

quint Wrote:on your tv question:

i have 3 lcd flat screens and 1 dlp.
everyone i talked to prior advised stay away from plasma.
samsung,sony and toshiba have good reputations.

what's you take on the dlp vs the lcd? picture quality, glare, viewing angle?
Reply
#14

I'm making a similar purchase in a month or so.

From what I understand, if space is not an issue, than the DLP offers a superior picture in terms of deeper blacks, etc...

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#15

i have a sony Sony 55" dlp picture quality in hidef is awesome angle is fine and no glare.
Reply
#16

it's a matter of size and price, for smaller screens (up to 20-24 inches) you can take a LCD, it's cheap, bigger LCD's won't do it (too pricey, quality low).

You can take plasmas for bigger screens but you have carefully choose your plasma tv, as the plasma tv is like a small computer there's a graphic card into it who will process the tv signal. Cheap plasma means cheap graphic card and cheap graphic card means shitty display. You can get more than decent plasmas but you have to watch em in the tv shop you'll see that there are huge differences inbetween different models....
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Anhil8tor
02-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Last Post by Sunny
12-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
12-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Last Post by quint
07-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Last Post by ntype
02-01-2007, 10:52 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)