Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

A nice couple on a motorcycle
#1

[Image: DSCN0010.JPG]
Reply
#2

I was just driving around the mean streets of kensington in Philly and saw a crazy scene.There is no more appropriate way to grieve the loss of a 16 year old boy shot to death because he refused to move out of the way of a car fast enough then to have a stuffed animal and beer bottle memorial on the corner of his street.Imagine 30 or 40 dirty stuffed animals sitting on top of milk crates surronded by empty cans of Heineken and malt liquor bottles with a few balloons tied to the light pole(balloons!).It was sadly hilarious.I would have taken a picture with my phone but I was truely afraid of being killed.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#3

I actually prefer Bird's method of not starting his own thread. There are so many single or double post threads here, it makes sense just to post in one of them. Anyways, I fucking hate any kind of roadside memorial. Esepcially ones on freeways. Nothing says "poor killed motorist" better than a large, distracting monstrosity of flowers and stuffed animals that other motorists will crane their necks to try and see, potentially causing another accident.
Reply
#4

Banana Wrote:I actually prefer Bird's method of not starting his own thread. There are so many single or double post threads here, it makes sense just to post in one of them. Anyways, I fucking hate any kind of roadside memorial. Esepcially ones on freeways. Nothing says "poor killed motorist" better than a large, distracting monstrosity of flowers and stuffed animals that other motorists will crane their necks to try and see, potentially causing another accident.


You reminded me of my favorite website of all time.

http://www.porkjerky.com/rip.htm

My nightmare is dying on the road and being memoralized this way.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#5

BIRD33 Wrote:You reminded me of my favorite website of all time.

http://www.porkjerky.com/rip.htm

My nightmare is dying on the road and being memoralized this way.

:lool: Nice.

I just tried to find a pic of the memorial here in the city that bugs me the most. It was erected for a Cop (so, natually, it's like a fucking two-story building...I'm not kidding, this thing is huge). The City of Calgary mows a shape of a HEART in the grass surrounding the thing. Not only does it distract motorists from the road, but let me just explain to you how this poor sap was killed. (I think I've posted this before)

In the line of duty, this young cop decided to lay a spike belt to thwart the efforts of a 17 year old kid who had stolen a vehicle and was speeding on our main freeway. Constable Sonnenberg stepped out in front of a speeding car to lay a spike belt. He was struck by the speeding car and died instantly.


Reread that.

He stepped in front of a speeding car. Oh poor cop!! Are there Darwin awards for this kind of thing? Look, I appreciate what cops do, but this guys only crime was speeding in a stolen car. Somethings just are not worth the danger, ya know? What are they going to do? Step in front of all drunk drivers? Speeding cars? It just baffled my mind.
Reply
#6

I think the lower the IQ the better chance of having a roadside memorial.The chance of Bill Gates having one some day seems highly unlikely.

What bugs me about them is when they get all weathered and dirty which is more disturbing and sad than a tribute.I wish I would have taken a picture of the one I saw today.It was minus the fact that a kid got killed the highlight of my day.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#7

Banana Wrote:Constable Sonnenberg

I see his memorial fund helped buy a helicopter. Shouldn't have to worry about getting run over up there.

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Reply
#8

In Italy; the road who runs around the "major lake" is called "the road of the 1000 deads".
In fact every 50 or 100 meters you see one of those memorials.

All is explained by the fact that people are used there to do switch lanes "in groups" when they want to pass a car/truck. So it happens like that : the first one passes, the second too, the third barely and the fourth one got a frontal hit with the truck/car who runs in front (and you got a new memorial).

The road is a two lanes only, lots of turns and no it can't be widened.
Reply
#9

What is with the memorial statement decals on the back glass of autos also?
Reply
#10

quint Wrote:What is with the memorial statement decals on the back glass of autos also?


Thats another nightmare of mine that all my life will amount to is a sticker on the back of a beat up 92' Toyota Tercel.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#11

Hillary Clinton with Loreana Bobbit tools for Bill.
Reply
#12

ntype Wrote:In Italy; the road who runs around the "major lake" is called "the road of the 1000 deads".
In fact every 50 or 100 meters you see one of those memorials.

All is explained by the fact that people are used there to do switch lanes "in groups" when they want to pass a car/truck. So it happens like that : the first one passes, the second too, the third barely and the fourth one got a frontal hit with the truck/car who runs in front (and you got a new memorial).

The road is a two lanes only, lots of turns and no it can't be widened.
Fucking italian drivers are crazy. The people on the vespas are crazier and the pedestrians are the craziest.
Reply
#13

Thats crazy.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#14

quint Wrote:Hillary Clinton with Loreana Bobbit tools for Bill.

my first thought was Hillary with an axe -wtf?
Reply
#15

BIRD33 Wrote:Thats another nightmare of mine that all my life will amount to is a sticker on the back of a beat up 92' Toyota Tercel.


I will be making this one and putting it on my truck.

Bird33
1976-?
RIP
Reply
#16

minorthreat Wrote:I will be making this one and putting it on my truck.

Bird33
1976-?
RIP

wasn't the car accident last year?
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by ncbiker
08-01-2014, 02:40 AM
Last Post by PinesChic
03-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Last Post by Ntype
03-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Last Post by Banana
11-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
10-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Last Post by who
10-05-2008, 03:52 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)