Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

President Obama's inauguration
#61

BIRD33 Wrote:He's doing it how it used to be done.Working with both sides of the aisle.I think we all forgot how a competent government works over the last 8 years with Bush poisoning everything he touched.So now its like wow he's actually considering his opponents idea without calling him unpatriotic.

Why did Cornyn block the Clinton appointment yesterday for SofS? I never did hear any details about why he would do that. I know he blamed it on the fact that he thought her husband's philanthropy might create a conflict of interest with some countries, but that doesn't make much sense to me, since he knows that it will go to a vote today and she will get it. Unless something else is up.
Reply
#62

Paddy Wrote:Or it's like he was made captain of the Titanic five minutes after it hit the iceberg.

:lool:
Reply
#63

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:No, I didn't see it. My wife told me about it. She said that Obama started off by starting to talk too soon and talking over Roberts. She said that when Obama did that, it threw roberts off and then he made a mistake.

I guess I could find a youtube of it. She just seemed to think that Obama threw the whole thing off when he started repeating before Roberts finished talking on the first line.

Roberts fucked up the first line and Obama notices it and lets him go back and repeat it.Obama new it by heart, Roberts was nervous and screwed it up.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMyPf4qvdbw"]YouTube - Barack Obama Oath of Office 2009 inauguration[/ame][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMyPf4qvdbw&eurl=http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&safe=off&q="]
[/URL]

See You In Toledo
Reply
#64

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Why did Cornyn block the Clinton appointment yesterday for SofS? I never did hear any details about why he would do that. I know he blamed it on the fact that he thought her husband's philanthropy might create a conflict of interest with some countries, but that doesn't make much sense to me, since he knows that it will go to a vote today and she will get it. Unless something else is up.


The donations to Clintons charity by foreign governments makes them nervous.The whole thing is stupid.She almost got elected president but isnt allowed to be sos?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#65

roberts apologized at the lunch.
Reply
#66

BIRD33 Wrote:Roberts fucked up the first line and Obama notices it and lets him go back and repeat it.Obama new it by heart, Roberts was nervous and screwed it up.

YouTube - Barack Obama Oath of Office 2009 inauguration[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMyPf4qvdbw&eurl=http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&safe=off&q="]
[/URL]

No, Obama started talking over him on the first line.

Roberts: I, Barack Hussein Obama, do.....

Obama: (interrupts). I, Barrack Hussein...

Roberts: ...do solemnly swear.

Obama (nods). I barrack hussein Obama do solemnly swear.

When he did that it threw Roberts off.
Reply
#67

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:No, Obama started talking over him on the first line.

Roberts: I, Barack Hussein Obama, do.....

Obama: (interrupts). I, Barrack Hussein...

Roberts: ...do solemnly swear.

Obama (nods). I barrack hussein Obama do solemnly swear.

When he did that it threw Roberts off.

Yeah, I think Obama thought he was going to pause there to allow him to repeat....like wedding vows.

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#68

i can't believe this is a subject of controversy.
Reply
#69

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:No, Obama started talking over him on the first line.

Roberts: I, Barack Hussein Obama, do.....

Obama: (interrupts). I, Barrack Hussein...

Roberts: ...do solemnly swear.

Obama (nods). I barrack hussein Obama do solemnly swear.

When he did that it threw Roberts off.


roberts has a pause in there that made it seem like he was done and Obama should repeat.

the part that was screwed up and the right is going to take to court becuase he's not legally president in their mind is the faithfully portion.Roberts gets it backwards and Obama corrects him.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#70

BIRD33 Wrote:roberts has a pause in there that made it seem like he was done and Obama should repeat.

the part that was screwed up and the right is going to take to court becuase he's not legally president in their mind is the faithfully portion.Roberts gets it backwards and Obama corrects him.

Like Bill said, according to the constitution, he is legally president regardless of the oath. The oath is just ceremonial.

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#71

Cucumber Wrote:Like Bill said, according to the constitution, he is legally president regardless of the oath. The oath is just ceremonial.

I'm not disputing that.I'm just laughing at the right possibly taking him to court over it.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#72

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6KDvZorCV8&eurl"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6KDvZorCV8&eurl[/ame]

See You In Toledo
Reply
#73

BIRD33 Wrote:I'm not disputing that.I'm just laughing at the right possibly taking him to court over it.

Its a ceremonial thing. No one cares. Just admit obama fucked it all up.
Reply
#74

I just watched it again and john roberts wetting his pants is what fucked it up.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#75

Did anybody make a big deal about Bill showing up in here?

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Reply
#76

BIRD33 Wrote:I just watched it again and john roberts wetting his pants is what fucked it up.

[Image: kool-aid.jpg]
Reply
#77

Paddy Wrote:Did anybody make a big deal about Bill showing up in here?

Who?? (Not you Who)

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Reply
#78

I don't know if you guys heard this but Bill(shenanigans) called Hillary running for president.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#79

BIRD33 Wrote:I don't know if you guys heard this but Bill(shenanigans) called Hillary running for president.


Called or caught ???

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Reply
#80

shocker, I was right.



Biden Takes Shot at Roberts for Flubbing Presidential Oath


Vice President Biden took a stab at Chief Justice John Roberts on Wednesday, one day after the chief justice flubbed the oath of office that President Obama was to recite at his inauguration.

Biden was to swear in senior executive staff at a White House ceremony after having already given the oath to newly confirmed Cabinet secretaries. When Obama reminded him that he had only done the one group and hadn't done the second yet, Biden quipped, "My memory is not as good as Chief Justice Roberts."

The slap was directed at the Supreme Court chief, who a day earlier had to recite to Obama the 35-word oath of office, which Obama was to repeat back to him. Unlike his predecessor, Chief Justice William Rehnquist, Roberts -- perhaps unwisely -- chose to forego a note card with the oath.

When he started to say the second portion of the quote "... that I will faithfully execute the office of president of the United States," he instead put faithfully at the end of the sentence. Obama, who apparently had memorized the oath, looked at Roberts, who then realized his mistake and repeated that portion of the oath correctly.

Obama then repeated the oath in the incorrect order. His presidency is unaffected, however. In the unlikely event he'd be challenged as president, the case ultimately would end up in Roberts' court.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
11-14-2012, 12:57 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)