Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Religious Question
#41

SizeMatters Wrote:MT surprised me in this thread. well not really, I knew he was smart.

snarg speaks wisdom. ( Confusedcratch: )

ntype is also dead on.


BODE concise and to the point as per usual it would seem.




to picture god as some judgemental or loving or even comprehensive being residing in the heavens somewhere watching down on all of us and analyzing the existance of humanity with the same prejudices we use in judging ourselves is ridiculous. it is us simple minded humans that need to put a face and a robe on someone before we can picture them as "real".

do not try to think of god as a person, nor a creator. god is point from which the collective conciousness flows. it is the unknown perfection that is Life's potential.

more often than not people who say "there is no god, religion isnt real" have thought little about the big picture and based their opinion on their hatred of the church and organized religion here on earth.

religion has done little to promote a more spiritual way of life. a lot of us think we are doing better than most people because we go to church on sunday and pray at night and we say that we know god is great and so on. but our connection with the church does not bring us closer to god. if anything it takes us further from it as we take on preconcieved ideas of what someone must do and say and live like to "get into heaven".

and theres something else thats screwed up. this whole notion that good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell and thats the way it is for eternity. ludicrous. heaven and hell are merely dynamic parts of the whole. as long as the wheel of samasara turns heaven and hell shall exist in mens minds as they strive to attain perfection.

snarg nows


this thread will prolly die soon, jus sayin

I'm not sure if your refuting the existance of a heaven and hell there or not but I will give my take regardless.

Since the begining of organized religion, no matter what that religion may be, you can always find the "ideal" of heaven and hell tightly bound into any particular religion, Even buddism, which is based on the faith of reincarnation, (they believe your deads in this life influence how you spend the next.) And in todays day and time we've all heard the mixed up belief about the 70 virgins rewarded to men who die in service to allah. What I'm getting around to is that I belive that no matter what religion, or what you want to personally call it, there is a Heaven and hell of some sort, even though I strongly believe in your statement when it comes to how we as humans invision god. which I feel is more of the creative force that makes the universe function.
Reply
#42

this thread has no potential
Reply
#43

I agree entirely, Bill. I was not refuting the existance of heaven and hell. merely the tendency for dimwitted people to turn heaven into a place full of fluffy clouds and all the pets you lost where you spend eternity chillin with Jesus and hell into a place full of burning cauldrons of molten lava where you are punished for sins eternally.

Bill I study Tibetan Buddhism quite a bit. as well as Christian mysticism. you'd be surprised how alike the 2 can be. especially in regard to heaven and hell.

prolly
Reply
#44

Fairiedust Wrote:i'd hate to not believe and find out i was wrong when i get there...:blink:


RACK!!!!!! :lol:
Reply
#45

a little more on my beliefs:

Jeasus himself believed in the fellowship of man, not organized religion. And I figured that out about 15 years ago, after I have witnessed how all of todays organized religions have turned into one big money making machine. If anybody can remember. the exact reason why Jeasus was cruxified. He found the temple to be corrupt and more concerned with the political and personal power money brings.
Reply
#46

RAXXOR Bill!!


JC had balls

sin,

Boyd Carr

prolly
Reply
#47

SizeMatters Wrote:I agree entirely, Bill. I was not refuting the existance of heaven and hell. merely the tendency for dimwitted people to turn heaven into a place full of fluffy clouds and all the pets you lost where you spend eternity chillin with Jesus and hell into a place full of burning cauldrons of molten lava where you are punished for sins eternally.

Bill I study Tibetan Buddhism quite a bit. as well as Christian mysticism. you'd be surprised how alike the 2 can be. especially in regard to heaven and hell.

Then we should get outta this thread, cause we could be here all day. But it's a good thing in my mind. I truely believe one must have and understanding of different beliefs if for nothing but to better define one's own belief. Right now I truly believe the Amish that surround me have got it down pat. There are no Amish churches. Amish don't fight in wars, etc.. they just get together every sunday and discuss the bible and live by their beliefs. Do I want to be Amish. no. Their beliefs don't quite fall in line with myown. but I do appreciate the way they practice their religion.
Reply
#48

"Thou shalt worship no other gods before me" is the 1st commandment.

I see Leu's point, just seems to acknowledge there are some other gods out there. It's not as if God was saying "I am the one and only true God, there is no other" or something like that.
And the graven images were representative of the false idols like gold and other material possessions. In much the same way Hindus treat cows (I am bad at other religions) there was worship of animal idols.
But at the end of the day, I see Leu's point. Never really thought about it that way, so nicely done Leu.
Reply
#49

another K.F.C ass kissing post; when is it ever gonna stop
Reply
#50

ClamDigger Wrote:another K.F.C ass kissing post; when is it ever gonna stop


Another ClamDigger felching his baby brother post. When is it ever gonna stop?
Reply
#51

BODE Wrote:Another ClamDigger felching his baby brother post. When is it ever gonna stop?

I was actually thinking about the old "Pot calling the kettle black" addage.
Reply
#52

SizeMatters Wrote:I agree entirely, Bill. I was not refuting the existance of heaven and hell. merely the tendency for dimwitted people to turn heaven into a place full of fluffy clouds and all the pets you lost where you spend eternity chillin with Jesus and hell into a place full of burning cauldrons of molten lava where you are punished for sins eternally.

Bill I study Tibetan Buddhism quite a bit. as well as Christian mysticism. you'd be surprised how alike the 2 can be. especially in regard to heaven and hell.



^^^^^
does not understand buddhism

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#53

^^^^ cannot judge my understanding of buddhism from one line.

sometime when my attention span is greater I will tell you the similarites.


snarg, do you understad christian myticism? ever studied it?

ever hear of Astara?

prolly
Reply
#54

yes to all
i stand by my previous statement

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#55

as do I

Im not saying there the same. they just have their similarities. you'll see fucker

prolly
Reply
#56

patience, little grasshopper
throw the pipe away and we can talk

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Father Juan
05-29-2010, 04:55 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
05-13-2010, 08:00 PM
Last Post by JCW
05-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Last Post by bam
05-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Last Post by spunky
03-11-2010, 03:30 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)