08-18-2010, 05:53 AM
Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:I'm not so sure I agree on that ruling and yeah it would have been much more interesting had he sunk that putt on 18 for the outright win.
I saw the tape of where he hit too, and it in no way resembled a bunker. Looked more like a place the crowd had walked down and maybe they had spread some sand for maintenance purposes.
I heard the guy interviewed and he said that the thought of that being a bunker or even considered sand NEVER crossed his mind. Not once. He said he just never considered it. They asked why he didn't get a ruling and he repeated that he never considered it to be a bunker, just looked like a place the crowd had walked down.
I would venture to say, if that hadn't been the PGA, and had been the British or US Open, they wouldn't have given a ruling like that. Or had a place that could trick a person like that. I think they went out of their way to show an example of how a true "PGA" type player has to follow the rules to the letter.
But kudos to how well he took it. He didn't act pissed about it. In fact he even joked that he is glad now that he missed the putt.
Thats a bunker.
![[Image: d3fdf2794023faca4d3799eba5c6e5ca_dustinj...ershot.jpg]](http://simg.sportsbybrooks.com/d/3/d3fdf2794023faca4d3799eba5c6e5ca_dustinjohnsonbunkershot.jpg)
I know youre thinking well then its a waste bunker and you can ground your club in a waste bunker.The PGA hung signs in the locker room all week stating there were no waste bunkers at all on the entire course.All sand inside and outside the ropes was a hazard meaning no grounding the club.
He played it too fast.Its the final hole of a major and you have the lead.He took no longer then 2 minutes to clear the crowd and swing.Caddie and he were sprinting to the clubhouse cause they thought they had it.He cost himself a million dollars in prize money.
See You In Toledo

