Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

President Obama's inauguration

BIRD33 Wrote:pretty neat Photo from the inauguration.

http://www.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?i...width=1665

Wow that is a good picture.

Is Clarence Thomas asleep? You'd think the balck guy on the supreme court would at least be awake for this.


Man, you can tell it was miserably cold by how everyone is bundled up. Obama must have been on 9 kinds of adrenaline to stand there in just a coat and tie.
Reply

I like the snipers perched on top of the Rotunda.You can really see how beat up the facade of that building is if you scan over it.

Check out GWB Sr. in the crazy hat next to Hillary.

See You In Toledo
Reply

BIRD33 Wrote:I like the snipers perched on top of the Rotunda.You can really see how beat up the facade of that building is if you scan over it.

Check out GWB Sr. in the crazy hat next to Hillary.

Are the snipers the guys with the hoods on? I don't see any rifles. Maybe some spotting scopes or whatever those things are.
Reply

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Are the snipers the guys with the hoods on? I don't see any rifles. Maybe some spotting scopes or whatever those things are.

Yea I think they are using the scopes mounted on the terrace that looks like cameras.I'm sure the rifles are next to them.

See You In Toledo
Reply

I bet Obama is tired of giving speeches. I hear he writes his own, or him and some guy work together to write his own. He must have spent countless hours in the past few months writing speeches. I guess he still has to give the state of the union speech pretty quick.
Reply

He's got a 27 year old writing some of his speeches.That kids got the life.He's got to get his plans in order before the state of the union but it should happen soon.Theres so much to do I wonder how much he can even really get into with his speeches besides generalizations.

See You In Toledo
Reply

BIRD33 Wrote:He's got a 27 year old writing some of his speeches.That kids got the life.He's got to get his plans in order before the state of the union but it should happen soon.Theres so much to do I wonder how much he can even really get into with his speeches besides generalizations.

Well, I like one thing that I have seen so far. He is not wasting any time. Although some of the things that he has done are pretty much just symbolic to show that he meant business during his campaign (Gitmo), he is not wasting any time.

I liked the missle strike into Pakistan the other day, although they are brushing that off as a plan that was in place before he took office. I think that he wanted to do that to show everyone that was doubting whether he would really do it.

At least he's got the terrorists thinking that maybe all their prayers weren't answered in November. I hear they are having a tough time recruiting and raising money in the muslim terror organizations right now.
Reply

I love the closing Gitmo argument by some republicans.They say closing it and bringing them to say Levenworth endangers american lives that live around the prison.Like the people already in that prison are saints you wouldnt have to worry about if they escaped.

Right now the muslim opinion is at best 50\50 who like us.We need to get that to something like 60\40 who like us to really turn the tide against the terrorists.Closing Gitmo is a good start but how we deal with israel and the palestinians will matter too.

I don't know if you saw 60 minutes last night but they had a story on the jewish settlements that are outside israels borders in palestine.That is a situation that is going to explode and basically half of israel knows they are in the wrong.If we allow them to stay put on the palestinians land we will look like shit to the muslims.

See You In Toledo
Reply

BIRD33 Wrote:I love the closing Gitmo argument by some republicans.They say closing it and bringing them to say Levenworth endangers american lives that live around the prison.Like the people already in that prison are saints you wouldnt have to worry about if they escaped.

Right now the muslim opinion is at best 50\50 who like us.We need to get that to something like 60\40 who like us to really turn the tide against the terrorists.Closing Gitmo is a good start but how we deal with israel and the palestinians will matter too.

I don't know if you saw 60 minutes last night but they had a story on the jewish settlements that are outside israels borders in palestine.That is a situation that is going to explode and basically half of israel knows they are in the wrong.If we allow them to stay put on the palestinians land we will look like shit to the muslims.

Yeah, I did see that.

Did you see when they were trying to get inside the Palestinian man's house that lives in Israel and his house was occupied by Israeli soldiers who wouldn't let them in? Crazy.

I think more press coverage, more exposes on that kind of bullshit would make this all make more sense to all of us.

Right now, if you live here and watch our news you think that the Israelis are basically getting fucked and doing nothing wrong. That the whole muslim world just hates them because of their religion and they are sending money, weapons and suicide bombers to run them off and give the land back to the muslims.

While much of that is true, we never hear of the israelis doing anything wrong. And maybe they aren't, but that newscast last night looked a little suspicious at best.
Reply

BIRD33 Wrote:I love the closing Gitmo argument by some republicans.They say closing it and bringing them to say Levenworth endangers american lives that live around the prison.Like the people already in that prison are saints you wouldnt have to worry about if they escaped.

Terrorists could never be housed in the general population. They'd be looked upon as only slightly less evil than child molestors and wouldn't last a week. Maybe not such a bad idea.

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Reply

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Yeah, I did see that.

Did you see when they were trying to get inside the Palestinian man's house that lives in Israel and his house was occupied by Israeli soldiers who wouldn't let them in? Crazy.

I think more press coverage, more exposes on that kind of bullshit would make this all make more sense to all of us.

Right now, if you live here and watch our news you think that the Israelis are basically getting fucked and doing nothing wrong. That the whole muslim world just hates them because of their religion and they are sending money, weapons and suicide bombers to run them off and give the land back to the muslims.

While much of that is true, we never hear of the israelis doing anything wrong. And maybe they aren't, but that newscast last night looked a little suspicious at best.

They are in the wrong.Those houses are on land deemed Palestinian by Israel back in the 60's.

As much as we want to believe that israel is a country of levelheaded individuals it is at its heart a religious state and like all religious states they rely on bullshit in the bible or whatever book to justify their wrong doings.I found it really interesting that israel is being forced to consider allowing arabs who live inside israel the right to vote but they really don't want to.Imagine another country not allowing people of one religion the right to vote in a democracy no less.What would the stance of the American government be on that for anyone besides israel?

The heart of the problem like most wars is religion.The israelis think that god has given them that land and they are justified in doing whatever to protect it.

I hope Obama brings some sanity to the situation as far as thats concerned.

One crazy stat I heard was that israel spys on America more than any other country.Think about that and then think about the size of israel compared to other huge countries that spy on us like russia and china.

We have to be more even handed when it comes to them.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
11-14-2012, 12:57 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)