Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Your Take on the 2005 Dunk Contest
#1

Really wasn't a competition. While Nash and Amare's header dunk was fresh, give style points to the guy NOT in the contest.

That Smith kid from ATL however has a lot of promise as far as making Sportscenter every night. Still not as thrilled as all the announcers were, but could make it interesting for next year should Lebron decide to grace the stage.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#2

dunk contest no longer matters... heard stern on the radio the other day addressing it saying he will figure something out to get the youngsters back in it.
Reply
#3

anhil8tor Wrote:dunk contest no longer matters... heard stern on the radio the other day addressing it saying he will figure something out to get the youngsters back in it.

Did you watch? Denver was hyped up...Josh Smith I think is the guy who won it (there were 2 Smiths' in it)...he had the place rockin', so did Nash and Amare. I enjoyed it, would have liked it more had J-Rich and Lebron been in it, maybe VC too.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#4

cLaY Wrote:Did you watch? Denver was hyped up...Josh Smith I think is the guy who won it (there were 2 Smiths' in it)...he had the place rockin', so did Nash and Amare. I enjoyed it, would have liked it more had J-Rich and Lebron been in it, maybe VC too.

Fans are into it.. players aren't. Thats what stern is talking about. Agents tell the guys not to do it b/c they could lose it and hurt their rep... which is total bullshit. Stern is trying to repackage it to the younger generation basketball players.
Reply
#5

I thought it was alright. Not penalizing for misses is a good idea if they can get it to work better (ie they don't invite sorry ass Chris Anderson next year).

Smith's dunk with K-Mart was an instant classic. Great air, hangtime, and grace...not to mention the fact that he threw a windmill in there. Showing the ball to the rim on the Dominique 2 hand windmill was a nice touch.

I think that next year they need to have some bigger names and proven dunkers to 'revitalize' the dunk contest. No more of this Chris Anderson shit. Lebron, Desmond Mason, Vince Carter, and Jason Richardson would make for a fantastic competition.

BIRD33 Wrote:Im guessing BEW's vag loks like a hotdog that exploded in the microwave.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by bam
02-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Last Post by who
12-21-2009, 08:22 AM
Last Post by who
11-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
04-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Last Post by St0ney
02-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Last Post by snarg
03-21-2007, 07:02 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)