Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

bobby knight
#1

think he'll come back?

think he would win?


http://uga.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=907584


Anthony Dasher
Senior Writer

Talk about it in The Dawgvent
Could one of Bobby Knight's biggest fans reside in the Georgia governor's mansion?

Perhaps so.

According to a source within the UGA athletic department speaking on specific condition of anonymity, Knight contacted a former athletic director from another school in the SEC asking how best to express his interest in the Georgia job.


Associated Press

Bobby Knight has won more games as a college head coach, 902, than any other in NCAA basketball history.
Knight was told to call Georgia governor Sonny Perdue, who the source said is friends with, and occasionally goes fishing with, the Hall of Fame coach.

"(Knight) was told to have (Perdue) call Dr. (Michael) Adams and it would get done," the source said.

Knight addressed the rumors in a statement to ESPN.com.

"I have never said that I wouldn't coach again," he said in the statement. "I've simply said in the past, if the right situation came along, I would be interested."

Georgia athletic director Damon Evans could not immediately be reached for comment. The Atlanta-Journal Constitution first reported Knight's interest in the Georgia job over the weekend.

The 68-year-old Knight last coached at Texas Tech where he left in the middle of the 2008 season. He's second in all-time victories behind Don Meyer with 902, most of which came during his 29-year career at Indiana, where he was fired by current NCAA president Myles Brand, the former president at IU.

Adams is good friends with Brand.

According to the source, much of Knight's interest in Georgia stems from the fact that he would like to turn the program around, plus his belief that the state has more quality hoops talent than any state per capita.
Reply
#2

I can't see knight at a bigtime sec school for some reason.

He would be keeping his streak alive of coaching teams with the color red in their uniform.

He's 68 so ho much left in the tank does he have?

I'd do it if I was Georgia but I don't see him making much of a difference especially if the sec gets good again he'll have to get his ass kicked by Kentucky and LSU every year.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by JCW
05-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Last Post by Sassy
06-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Last Post by Banana
12-13-2006, 01:28 AM
Last Post by cLaY
09-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Last Post by WoolyGoat
03-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Last Post by bobbythong
04-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Last Post by Velvet
04-04-2004, 07:49 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)