07-09-2008, 07:00 AM
[URL="http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/tiger-woods-niece-now-golfer-at-wake-forest-18685"]
[/URL]
Two-time Arizona state high school golf champion Cheyenne Woods, the niece of Tiger Woods, has decided to attend Wake Forest University. Her bloodlines are apparent physically and on the course where Cheyenne has won the American Junior Golf Association Nike Golf Junior, the Big I Junior Classic and two U.S. Kids Golf World Championships.
Cheyenneâs interest in golf began at the age of five. She received her first lessons from her grandfather, Tigerâs dad, Earl Woods.
The CHARLOTTE OBSERVER has more:
[INDENT]Earl Woods scrounged up Tigerâs old cut-off clubs and gave her a first lesson on how to correctly hold a golf club.
The miles between grandfather and grandchild were too great for the type of training Earl Sr. gave Tiger, but Cheyenneâs grandfather bought her a set of clubs, evaluated tapes and helped her learn to focus on the course.
[/INDENT] Tiger has evaluated Cheyenneâs game by tape, and he once brought her in to work with swing coach Hank Haney. Having a famous uncle doesnât bother Cheyenne, but it put the spotlight on her at national tournaments.
[INDENT]âWhen I first started playing, my relationship was no big deal because everyone around home knew about it,â she said. âBut when I started going to national tournaments, I was answering a lot of questions.â
âIâm different from the person that some people think I am. Iâm pretty laid back. I like to have a good time. I like to spend time with my friends.â
[/INDENT] Cheyenne Woods comes across as a down-to-earth teenager. Considering the family she comes from and her ability, Cheyenne could have become an over-hyped teen athlete like Michelle Wie. It looks like the Woodsâ have her career on the right path for now.
[/URL]
Two-time Arizona state high school golf champion Cheyenne Woods, the niece of Tiger Woods, has decided to attend Wake Forest University. Her bloodlines are apparent physically and on the course where Cheyenne has won the American Junior Golf Association Nike Golf Junior, the Big I Junior Classic and two U.S. Kids Golf World Championships.
Cheyenneâs interest in golf began at the age of five. She received her first lessons from her grandfather, Tigerâs dad, Earl Woods.
The CHARLOTTE OBSERVER has more:
[INDENT]Earl Woods scrounged up Tigerâs old cut-off clubs and gave her a first lesson on how to correctly hold a golf club.
The miles between grandfather and grandchild were too great for the type of training Earl Sr. gave Tiger, but Cheyenneâs grandfather bought her a set of clubs, evaluated tapes and helped her learn to focus on the course.
[/INDENT] Tiger has evaluated Cheyenneâs game by tape, and he once brought her in to work with swing coach Hank Haney. Having a famous uncle doesnât bother Cheyenne, but it put the spotlight on her at national tournaments.
[INDENT]âWhen I first started playing, my relationship was no big deal because everyone around home knew about it,â she said. âBut when I started going to national tournaments, I was answering a lot of questions.â
âIâm different from the person that some people think I am. Iâm pretty laid back. I like to have a good time. I like to spend time with my friends.â
[/INDENT] Cheyenne Woods comes across as a down-to-earth teenager. Considering the family she comes from and her ability, Cheyenne could have become an over-hyped teen athlete like Michelle Wie. It looks like the Woodsâ have her career on the right path for now.
Banana Wrote:I've already said that who is my fave motivational poster
Try not to irritate Bird he is Vagina Sensitive


![[Image: 7efe4f96c51c2896c03ea211e5b9baba_cheyennewoods.jpg]](http://images.sportsbybrooks.com/7/e/7efe4f96c51c2896c03ea211e5b9baba_cheyennewoods.jpg)