Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

In fond memory
#1

In fond memory

When Sam died, his will provided $30,000 for an elaborate funeral. And his wife followed his wishes.
As the last guests departed the affair, his wife Sarah turned to her oldest and dearest friend. "Well, I'm sure Sam would be pleased," she said.
"I'm sure you're right," replied Jody, who lowered her voice and leaned in close. "How much did this really cost?"
"All of it," said Sarah. "The whole thirty thousand."
"No!" Jody exclaimed. "I mean, it was very nice... but $30,000?"
"The funeral was $6,500," Sarah answered. "I donated $500 to the synagogue. The whiskey, wine and snacks were another $500. The rest went for the memorial stone."
Jody did some quick figuring. "$22,500 for a memorial stone? My God, how big is it?"
"Two and a half carats."

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#2

cunt

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#3

WoolyGoat Wrote:cunt
about sums it up
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Fairiedust
02-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Last Post by Jesse Antarctica
12-28-2004, 10:50 PM
Last Post by Velvet
11-11-2004, 02:23 PM
Memory Game
Velvet
Last Post by Velvet
08-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Last Post by leucetios
07-03-2004, 12:17 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)