Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Garnett trade

So ESPN's front page has a big story about Garnett being on the block.

Just for fun, what would it take to get him to Boston? McHale has the ties, and the Celtics have a superstar to trade in return. I'm not sure how the salaries would line up, but would the Wolves deal KG to the Celtics for Pierce and, say, Mark Blount (or fill in the blank to make the salaries work), maybe with a 2nd rounder or something thrown in?

Yes I know it's wishful thinking, and no I don't think it will happen...but if they're gonna trade Garnett, they can do a lot worse than Pierce and a pick...

Discuss.

[Image: boston.jpg]

Lakers in that mix? They have tons of salary's to dump.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours

They would need Pierce and Jefferson most probably

Yeah I thought of that too.

As long as Gerald Green isn't included...

they have to keep orien green and get that guy some PT!

You been to any games yet wooly?

Na, none yet. I don't buy many Celtics tickets, if I go they're usually given to me. I'll get there soon though.

I dont think Pierce for Garnett is a fair deal no matter who the Celtics throw in.If pierce was at the end of his contract I'd do it so I could drop him when it ended and start rebuilding.This is one of those trades where no matter who the Wolves get back from anybody it wont be a fair deal for them.Garnetts the cornerstone to any franchise and its hard to get equal value.

See You In Toledo

well.. why would minny want to move him?

Anhil8tor Wrote:well.. why would minny want to move him?

I gurantee he is quietly telling people that he wants out.10 years no playoff success.

See You In Toledo

BIRD33 Wrote:I gurantee he is quietly telling people that he wants out.10 years no playoff success.

He's not really being very quiet. Wasn't he talking shit on McHale yesterday?

cLaY Wrote:He's not really being very quiet. Wasn't he talking shit on McHale yesterday?

I didnt see it.It makes sense cause the Wolves would almost have to ask him if he wanted out to see what teams he's interested in.They gave him 120 million so him talking shit about the organization is ridiculous even though they have made alot of mistakes.

See You In Toledo

cLaY Wrote:He's not really being very quiet. Wasn't he talking shit on McHale yesterday?
He was, which is the only reason I brought it up.

I guess the question is what they'd want in return. Another superstar? Cap space? Young stars? Draft picks?

WoolyGoat Wrote:I guess the question is what they'd want in return. Another superstar? Cap space? Young stars? Draft picks?

May be a very bad year in sports for VitaminE

cLaY Wrote:May be a very bad year in sports for VitaminE

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/NBA_SC-RUMOR

Talking up a Marbury for Garnett deal.How fucking stupid would the wolves be to do that?

See You In Toledo

cLaY Wrote:May be a very bad year in sports for VitaminE

we should all buy stock in pabst right now..

BIRD33 Wrote:http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/NBA_SC-RUMOR

Talking up a Marbury for Garnett deal.How fucking stupid would the wolves be to do that?

I will personally drive to Minnesota and shove my foot straight up Kevin's ass. He pulls this move off he deserves to be bannished from the HOF. New York doesn't deserve shit, and Zeke' would get praised for a move like that. Don't make that fucker look any better than he deserves.

Its not going to happen.Marbury couldnt handle living in the wilderness the first time.Isiah isnt smart enough to pull it off.

See You In Toledo

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/sc...index.html

Now Garnett to the Pistons.Why would Detroit make that deal?

See You In Toledo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Vitamin E
02-11-2020, 08:43 PM
Last Post by WoolyGoat
10-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
09-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
02-21-2006, 06:28 PM