Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Andrew Toney #22 retired from the 76ers?
#81

Two interesting things on this Jordan article.One thing I will say in Jordans defense is he's the owner not the GM.I read the other day that the Japanese owner of the Mariners(Nintendo boss) has never been to a Mariners game.


Forbes estimates that Jordan earned $60 million last year through endorsements, more than any active basketball player.




Prior to this season, Jordan finally welcomed an outsider into his inner circle, hiring General Manager Rich Cho, who’d held the same position in Portland, Ore., and was previously an assistant general manager in Oklahoma City.

Cho’s task is to replicate what he helped do with the Thunder: take advantage of high draft picks, don’t blow salary on short-term Band-Aids and stockpile as many picks as possible.

“I think when they hired Rich Cho, who’s really a respected general manager, they charted a course that’s almost the NBA blueprint by a lot of teams now — even the Wizards,” ESPN analyst Jeff Van Gundy said. That formula, he said, is “to get as bad as you can, rather than try to win and be pretty good.”

“You can call that smart management or you can call it a detriment to the NBA. It all depends on your point of view,” Van Gundy continued. “The way they set it up, the way the NBA has basically condoned tanking — not a game or a stretch of games, but tanking a whole season — that’s what the fans of teams in Charlotte and Washington, have been fed.”




http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wiz...ory_1.html


See You In Toledo
Reply
#82

Popovich is my second favorite coach after Van Gundy.



Popovich on Sunday, asked about 'keys to the game': You're kidding? … Score more points than them. Play hard. Come on. This is ridiculous.



Popovich on Monday: Did you ask me that last night? Say whatever you want. It's transition D. It's making shots. Don't turn it over. It's all bull[crap]. Have more points than they do, that's the key. Just make it up and say I said it. I don't care.


http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazzno...y.html.csp

See You In Toledo
Reply
#83

A 10 year NBA vet has no idea the clock doesnt start until someone touches the ball.

[video=youtube;GOhVOGPtST8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOhVOGPtST8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

See You In Toledo
Reply
#84

how bout the celts? coming on strong here late.
Reply
#85

Celts are finally healthy and in shape.They are catching teams that are fading like the 6ers and teams that are on cruise control like the Heat.Rondo is still their best player but his shooting will kill them in the playoffs.

Fun fact:Clyde is just a nickname for Walt "Clyde" Frazier.He got it in the 70's after the movie "Bonny and Clyde" came out because who the fuck knows.I always thought it was his middle name.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#86

I might have to tune in for the title run!
Reply
#87

Flyers-Penguins series starts tonight.The excitement level is about equal to the anticipation for the Sixers-Raptors game tonight.

Theres a good 15% chance I might tune in for a period.Good for you, hockey.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#88

Update:My phone just alerted me that the Manchester City vs West Brom game is starting now so I'll probably watch that replay tonight while flipping back to the Sixers.

Chance of watching a period downgraded to 2%.Sorry, hockey.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#89

fuck the flyers
Reply
#90

That's going to be a phenomenal series. I'm def looking forward to it.
Reply
#91

Big night for the Flyers OrganIzation.I watched the overtime period.Congrats.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#92

Jalen Rose is a dick but Skip Bayless is even a bigger dick.Almost feel bad for Bayless.Almost.This whole thing reminds me how 8 pretends he played with whats his name Pollard in HS.

[video=youtube;_RjirSPGjJw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RjirSPGjJw[/video]

See You In Toledo
Reply
#93

Did you hear Stephen A Smith's response?
Reply
#94

Nope.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#95

BIRD33 Wrote:Jalen Rose is a dick but Skip Bayless is even a bigger dick.Almost feel bad for Bayless.Almost.This whole thing reminds me how 8 pretends he played with whats his name Pollard in HS.


I played with Brandon Stokely and thats a fact son!
Reply
#96

Stephen A comes in around 9:50

[video=youtube;xS9QJ8SKtZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS9QJ8SKtZw[/video]

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#97

I get Stephen A's point but the whole premise here is Bayless tried to come from a point of authority by claiming he started at PG for a team that went to the state finals when he actually averaged 2 pts a game his senior year.He opened himself up to that.Jalen Rose is a dick and a bully but so is skip bayless.Stephen A was probably projecting a little bit because I'm sure he's heard from NBA players his whole life "where did you play?".

See You In Toledo
Reply
#98

? Wrote:It’s a lot of things you do for the Olympics — a lot of jerseys you sell,” “We play the whole summer. I do think guys should be compensated. Just like I think college players should be compensated as well. Unfortunately, it’s not there. But I think it should be something, you know, there for it.”

If Lebron had said this same thing... What do you think he media would have done?
Reply
#99

BIRD33 Wrote:I get Stephen A's point but the whole premise here is Bayless tried to come from a point of authority by claiming he started at PG for a team that went to the state finals when he actually averaged 2 pts a game his senior year.He opened himself up to that.Jalen Rose is a dick and a bully but so is skip bayless.Stephen A was probably projecting a little bit because I'm sure he's heard from NBA players his whole life "where did you play?".

Bird. Spot on, my brother.



:wub:

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply

As I called the Flyers are going to sweep the Pens.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
12-02-2009, 02:30 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
03-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Last Post by Sassy
01-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Last Post by Fatfuckfrank
02-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Last Post by Blueeyedwoman
01-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Last Post by Blueeyedwoman
01-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Last Post by ntype
12-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Last Post by Sassy
11-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Last Post by Banana
02-02-2006, 01:41 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)