Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Andrew Toney #22 retired from the 76ers?
#1

We have started a Facebook page to help get Andrew Toney's #22 retired from the Philadelphia 76ers.

If you would like to help out with the cause we ask that you visit the page and hit the like button.

http://www.facebook.com/andrewtoney22

I am planning 22 days of Toney on Philaphans.com as part of my News, Notes, & Quotes section.

Day 1 - http://philaphans.com/sixers/?p=18669

Day 2 - http://philaphans.com/sixers/?p=18770

If you have stories or information please let me know and I can include them. Day two highlights what lead to SW Louisiana getting the death penalty and how Toney choosing the University helped restart the program.

Thanks, and please show your support.

Mark Lapinski,
Philaphans Sixers Editor
Reply
#2

Interesting.Not sure he warrants it.This is the Philadelphia 76ers, a historic franchise not the Memphis Grizzlies.Look at the names of who is retired.See any 6th men on there?Moses # isnt even officially retired.The only person he's close to in talent is Mo Cheeks but Mo was a starter not a 6th man.Toney at this point is known as kind of a cry baby more than anything.He's mad at the sixers for the way he was treated 4 owners ago.I'm going to have to say no to this.

2 Moses Malone, C, 1982–1986 & 1993–1994 (never officially retired, but taken out of circulation)
6 Julius Erving, F, 1976–1987
10 Maurice Cheeks, G, 1978–1989; Head Coach, 2005–2008
13 Wilt Chamberlain, C, 1965–1968 (also Philadelphia native, and Philadelphia Warriors, 1959–62)
15 Hal Greer, G, 1963–1973 (1958–1973 if Syracuse Nationals service is included)
24 Bobby Jones, F, 1978–1986
32 Billy Cunningham, F, 1965–1976; Head Coach, 1977–1985
34 Charles Barkley, F, 1984–1992

See You In Toledo
Reply
#3

Tough but fair.Tough but fair....

See You In Toledo
Reply
#4

Why isn't moses # officially retired?
Reply
#5

Same deal as Toney.Still mad at the old owner Harold Katz.He never appears at sixers games.Class of the organization to take it out of circulation.It will happen eventually when he's ready.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#6

I havent bought a NBA video game in a decade and I probably won't buy this one but I liked the video.Speaking of video games a local sports station around here that I don't listen to had a Sega NHL 94 tournament last month according to my friend.I would have one that thing.I'm the Muhammad Ali of that game.

[video=youtube;DnanXZt2IDY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnanXZt2IDY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

See You In Toledo
Reply
#7

[video=youtube;S3uEET94UBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3uEET94UBw&feature=player_embedded#at=33[/video]

See You In Toledo
Reply
#8

even the asians hate lebron?
Reply
#9

How does Lebron let him dunk on him like that?Classic Lebron after the dunk.Tries to come back with a dunk of his own and dribbles it out of bounds.Almost feel bad for him.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#10

Reason #405560823 why the lockout won't last.It aint a game, yo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11463[/ATTACH]


Attached Files

See You In Toledo
Reply
#11

awesome story.


UD: What’s your best celebrity story?
RS: I remember a night when Wayne Gretzky insulted Michael Jordan at the table. It was a private salon game. Michael had ordered a drink from the cocktail waitress, and he gave her a five-dollar chip. Wayne took it off the cocktail waitress’s tray, gave it back to Michael, grabbed a hundred-dollar chip from Michael’s stack and put it on the cocktail waitress’s tray. Then he said, “That’s how we tip in Las Vegas, Michael.”



http://www.urbandaddy.com/lv/entertainme...z1VPiYSmwl

See You In Toledo
Reply
#12

see that article about Tiger being the worst tipping celebrity?

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#13

BIRD33 Wrote:I havent bought a NBA video game in a decade and I probably won't buy this one but I liked the video.Speaking of video games a local sports station around here that I don't listen to had a Sega NHL 94 tournament last month according to my friend.I would have one that thing.I'm the Muhammad Ali of that game.

[video=youtube;DnanXZt2IDY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnanXZt2IDY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I've upgraded the chances of me buying this game to "maybe" because of the below.


1. Pete Maravich (Atlanta Hawks, 1971)
The deadliest shooter in the history of the sport. If Maravich is not rated 99 in every shooting attribute I will eat my controller. Matching the 1971 Lakers against the Hawks is a brilliant move deliberately meant to get Maravich into the game. There will be a lot of people who come to know the '71 Hawks—and UCLA great Walt Hazzard (16.5 ppg)—simply because they want to play as Pistol Pete. His spiritual heir at LSU, Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf (born Chris Jackson), is on the 1994 Denver Nuggets in this game.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#14

Wilt Chamberlain(Overbrook H.S Phila,PA) playing against college players in a summer league.

[video=youtube;q9GPibuasw4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q9GPibuasw4#![/video]

Also please remember who told you the NBA would not lock out when they announce they have a deal.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#15

Dope pass.Also Rondo shot 3 for 12 from the outside during the charity game.

[video=youtube;K7BspB6R--A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7BspB6R--A&feature=player_embedded[/video]

See You In Toledo
Reply
#16

nice to see that rajon is using the lockout to work on his outside shot

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#17

ps-

BIRD33 Wrote:awesome story.


UD: What’s your best celebrity story?
RS: I remember a night when Wayne Gretzky insulted Michael Jordan at the table. It was a private salon game. Michael had ordered a drink from the cocktail waitress, and he gave her a five-dollar chip. Wayne took it off the cocktail waitress’s tray, gave it back to Michael, grabbed a hundred-dollar chip from Michael’s stack and put it on the cocktail waitress’s tray. Then he said, “That’s how we tip in Las Vegas, Michael.”



http://www.urbandaddy.com/lv/entertainme...z1VPiYSmwl

hockey > football

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#18

WoolyGoat Wrote:ps-



hockey > football

Do you want to bet that the mens gymnasitic event that was on NBC yesterday afternoon got a better rating than the NHL games put on the same slot?What a major sport.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#19

P.s.

I dropped 30 last night in my rec league.It was a virtuoso performance.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#20

11 rebounds also.Straight banging as they say.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
12-02-2009, 02:30 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
03-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Last Post by Sassy
01-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Last Post by Fatfuckfrank
02-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Last Post by Blueeyedwoman
01-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Last Post by Blueeyedwoman
01-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Last Post by ntype
12-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Last Post by Sassy
11-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Last Post by Banana
02-02-2006, 01:41 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)