Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Does anyone else get sick of
#1

having all of these laws named after dead kids? (ie. Adam Walsh Act, Jessica's Law, Megan's Law, etc.)

They've got this bastard on trial in Cincinnati right now who killed a 13 year old girl, along with 3 adult women. He had a history of violent crime and should've never been out in the first place. I just don't understand when enough will be enough.
Reply
#2

It's fucked that there have to BE laws named after kids. It takes an especially fucked up individual to harm a child and to think that my fellow human beings are capable of such evil scares and sickens me. I always thought it was fucked up but now that I actually have a kid, it's a whole new level of fucked.

JCW Wrote:Every toilet bowl has to have one turd that floats to the top, I'm just doing my part.
Reply
#3

I couldn't agree more. I was watching the news last night and they had this guy's partial confession on there and I was literally sick to my stomach. I even cried (and I don't cry very often). To know that 4 lives could've been saved if one man would've been in prison still, it just gut wrenching to me.
Reply
#4

Anybody try that new big mac snack wrap from Mcdonalds?I'm intrigued.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#5

not much beef for me
not so good down here

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#6

It did look like I'd need two to have my hunger satisfied so I might as well get a regular big mac.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#7

McDs=Yuck
Reply
#8

BIRD33 Wrote:It did look like I'd need two to have my hunger satisfied so I might as well get a regular big mac.

it is probably just a marketing thing
they spend less on ingredients and make more per sale
for me, i love the mc chicken for a buck

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#9

You really can't beat the double cheese burger for a dollar.Wendys does the jr bacon for a dollar as well which is a great deal.Also child murder is terrible IMHO.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#10

Fucking Canada and their "$1.39 menu". It just doesn't have the same appeal as a dollar menu.

JCW Wrote:Every toilet bowl has to have one turd that floats to the top, I'm just doing my part.
Reply
#11

Nope, not sick of it.

Good for them if that's what helps their family.

ncbiker Wrote:Squirt, why in the fuck did you feel in necessary to follow Christy here? You are doing everything that Christy says you do.

WoolyGoat Wrote:squirt, will you at least admit you come here for her?
Reply
#12

JCW Wrote:Fucking Canada and their "$1.39 menu". It just doesn't have the same appeal as a dollar menu.

Sort of like waiting 30 hours to see a Dr. huh?

ncbiker Wrote:Squirt, why in the fuck did you feel in necessary to follow Christy here? You are doing everything that Christy says you do.

WoolyGoat Wrote:squirt, will you at least admit you come here for her?
Reply
#13

BIRD33 Wrote:You really can't beat the double cheese burger for a dollar.Wendys does the jr bacon for a dollar as well which is a great deal.Also child murder is terrible IMHO.


the wendy's jr bacon has been a fave of mine for yrs
well, when i lived really close to a drive thru
that and a baked potato made me feel complete

for two bucks??
what can i say

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#14

Blondie Wrote:Sort of like waiting 30 hours to see a Dr. huh?

I honestly don't know where this stuff comes from. Anytime I've gone to see a doctor I'm in and out.

I did have to wait two hours for some stitches in the melon once from a chair, but there were people who needed attention worse than I did.
Reply
#15

Blondie Wrote:Nope, not sick of it.

Good for them if that's what helps their family.

What I meant by it is that we shouldn't have to name any more laws after dead children because the current laws should be more stringent on known violent offenders so we don't end up having children sexually abused and/or killed. This guy in Cincinnati raped and killed a woman in the 1980s, went to jail, got out and then raped and killed 4 more. It shouldn't happen. He should have never been out in the first place.
Reply
#16

this the lytle park rapist?
Reply
#17

spunky Wrote:this the lytle park rapist?

No, that's Miciah Black. He's had 3 victims (that we know of). I think he's being sentenced the first week of April. He's a bastard too. I think he's facing 100 years.

The one I'm talking about is Anthony Kirkland. In 1987 he killed his girlfriend and burned her body. He went to jail and was paroled in 2003. Off probation 13 months after his release. About 3 months after that, he was charged with rape, but was acquitted. In 2007, he was convicted of 2 counts of unlaw restraint and importuning a 13 year old girl for sex. Went back to jail for a year and then paroled again and went to a halfway house for sex offenders. Ended up fleeing the halfway house and the authorities not finding out until 3 days later. By then he had already stabbed a guy, threatened his baby mama and raped and killed a 13 year old girl. Then they found out that he killed 3 other women in 2006.
Reply
#18

Update: I tried the Big Mac snack wrap last night and it was underwhelming.Not enough meat and pickles in a wrap is kind of gross.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#19

BIRD33 Wrote:Update: I tried the Big Mac snack wrap last night and it was underwhelming.Not enough meat and pickles in a wrap is kind of gross.

Yeah, that doesn't sound good.
Reply
#20

I tried the angus bacon cheeseburger as well and that was pretty good.Possibly better then wendys big bacon classic.Also keeping people in jail for life after they murder someone sounds reasonable but is very expensive.I'm for it for construction business reasons but I don't think its feasible.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by ntype
01-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Last Post by Vitamin E
10-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Last Post by Sulema
05-02-2006, 08:17 AM
Last Post by ntype
04-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Last Post by WoolyGoat
03-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Last Post by ntype
01-27-2006, 02:49 AM
Last Post by Michman
12-19-2005, 08:39 PM
Last Post by ntype
11-02-2005, 07:13 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)