Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
How about Baron Davis leaving the Warriors for the Clip joint?I know he's been injured and needs to get paid now but isnt signing a long term deal with the Clippers just announcing that you arent concerned about winning a championship?I used to like him a lot but now I'm kind of disgusted by him.
On a unrelated note last saturday I played the best basketball since I was in my early 20's.We play pickup games on saturday at my Y, winners stays.I was unconcious.Games are to 21 and the first game we were outmatched so I knocked down 5 threes and ended up with 17 points.They used everybody but their center to guard me.When they tried to guard me close I just drove right by them.We won 4 straight and I averaged at least 15 a game.I had all the black guys in my gym hooting and hollering calling me Larry Bird which is weird cause I'm a black.
I got my rebate check and will stimulate the economy by buying a new pair of kicks today.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 13,679
Threads: 549
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
the black larry bird, i like it.
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
I'm hearing Elton Brand to the sixers.....I'm trying not to get my hopes up.This is Philadelphia.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
Thoughts on how gay OKC's new team name will turn out? If it's anything like the Bobcats I'll probably only attend one game next year.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
I hear its going to be "Outlaws".It sounds like an arena football team.I guess cyclones was taken.Theres got to be something better.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
BIRD33 Wrote:I hear its going to be "Outlaws".It sounds like an arena football team.I guess cyclones was taken.Theres got to be something better.
I'm hoping its not something oil related.
It will probably suck regardless.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
I have no idea what else they could pick.I don't get the move at all.Its like moving to Hartford.They will bring in people early but they are going to have a hard time keeping players.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 2,743
Threads: 103
Joined: Jul 2005
Reputation:
0
I'm surprised a bigger market isn't considered.
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
BIRD33 Wrote:I have no idea what else they could pick.I don't get the move at all.Its like moving to Hartford.They will bring in people early but they are going to have a hard time keeping players.
Up until the playoffs last year they sold better when the Hornets were there than New Orleans. I think they'll do fine.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 2,743
Threads: 103
Joined: Jul 2005
Reputation:
0
they are going from the 15th biggest market to the 44th.
Posts: 2,743
Threads: 103
Joined: Jul 2005
Reputation:
0
Roughnecks? Might be a good name.
If Brand comes to Philly we actually could play 1/2 court offense.
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Looks like the sixers did it.I still can't believe it.I was wondering why he'd want to leave LA and using superior intellect I figured it out.
1.Even with Baron Davis the Clippers arent the best team that plays in the Staples Center.
2.Eastern Conference is easy.Sixers are now better than Cleveland and either #2 or #3 in the conference depending on what detroit does.
3.Philadelphia sports fans > LA sports fans.
4. $$$$
5.Young nucleus that will play defense.
Its obviously a banner day for the new GM Stefanski if I can now spell his name correctly.Biggest big name signing coup for the city since Eric Lindros.It will be interesting to see how Igudala reacts and what the sixers plan to do with him.He still could be trade bait.I like the combo of him,Brand and Miller.If Thaddeus Young develops this team could be dangerous.I will now watch most of the sixers games again after taking last year off.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 5,017
Threads: 355
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Close this fucking thread, season's over.
Son, I am Disappoint.