Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

2008 MLB predictions

The rockies did win something this year

[Image: 1995rockies1.jpg]
Reply

The Cubs will shit the bed this year.Manny looked pretty good last night.

See You In Toledo
Reply

Thanks for coming out Brew crew and Cubbies.I hope the cubs never win it again, its cooler this way.

Brett Myers has done the improbable.He's the least stable guy on the phillies and he's been a rock these last 3 months.Victorino has made people forget about Rowand.I like the Phil's chances against the Dodgers.

See You In Toledo
Reply

I love these unis:

[Image: phillies.jpg]

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply

warm weather home unis
i read one guy who said they were the best in mlb
they're good but "best in baseball"?????

please.........

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply

it warmed me to see papelboner blow the save
jd fukkin drew??
ya gotta be kidding me

is anyone else pissed off about the way they schedule this shit??
all the extra off days??
it makes teams weaker in pitching more competitive
i saw where a team could play 11 games in 19 days to win this shit
what da fuck is up wit dat, aside from making mo' money
that is not baseball, it is a completely different format
it's fucked up

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply

as far as blown saves go, you know that was nothing.

and you know the schedule is all about television revenue.



what's wrong with you?

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply

nuttin, honey
nice win last nite
i hope boner boy does not turn into schill the shrill

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply

not really seeing the comparison between Pap and Schill...

but I guess I agree that I hope he doesn't suddenly form a big mouth with an opinion about everything.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply

i don't see it yet
but i'm nervous it may happen

it is a lot harder to dislike the sawx with schilling out of the picture
i got a small problem with yuke
but his third base play is pretty impressive
he plays both positions with a lot of skill, pretty rare

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply

tweety, did you ever face bush in a game or see him pitch in HS
they said he's from valley forge

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply

snarg Wrote:i don't see it yet
but i'm nervous it may happen

it is a lot harder to dislike the sawx with schilling out of the picture
i got a small problem with yuke
but his third base play is pretty impressive
he plays both positions with a lot of skill, pretty rare
I think Youk takes it a bit far with the helmet slamming, etc...but overall I don't think there's anything wrong with them.

Papelbon's mound antics aren't much different than half of the closers in the league, KRod included. I'm obviously biased, but I can't really think of an unlikeable guy on the team.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply

Blanton came up huge.the announcers made me laugh when they said he's been a huge bright spot for the Phils since they traded for him and went 4-0.The reason he's 4-0 is because of their hitting and he'd be 1-7 without it.

Dodgers are hot and I don't like the Manuel ,Torre matchup but I say the Phillies in 6.

See You In Toledo
Reply

why?

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply

WoolyGoat Wrote:Sox over Angels (pending the Lowell and Drew injuries, I guess)
Rays over whoever

Phils over Brewers
Dodgers over Cubs (winner of this series goes to the WS)
weird!



Boston Red Sox vs. LA Blue Sox for the title.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply

WoolyGoat Wrote:why?


I'm only worried about Manny. If he don't show how do they win?

See You In Toledo
Reply

he shows, they win
nuff said

nice call, goat

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply

I'm here to see Philly represent.
So far, so good.

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply

I have to say the city is happy to be this far in the playoffs but by no means is there any over confidence.Nobody is even mentioning the world series.

See You In Toledo
Reply

anyone else pulling for the rays to beat the sox?
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WoolyGoat
04-22-2016, 12:23 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
10-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Last Post by WoolyGoat
03-12-2012, 03:23 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
04-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
02-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
01-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Last Post by snarg
06-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Last Post by snarg
06-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Last Post by Tribal Dragon
05-07-2009, 01:26 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)