Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

2008 MLB predictions

Huge sweep over the weekend.They are firmly in the wildcard hunt.Still believe its the mets division to lose.Fucking Brett Myers is now our ace.That makes me feel secure.

See You In Toledo
Reply

LA Red Sox vs Boston Red Sox for the title.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply

BIRD33 Wrote:Huge sweep over the weekend.They are firmly in the wildcard hunt.Still believe its the mets division to lose.Fucking Brett Myers is now our ace.That makes me feel secure.

i'll be shocked if the phils don't pass the mets

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply

I'll be shocked if they do.Mets will blow up the team if they choke again.

See You In Toledo
Reply

they seem to be choking on a daily basis
why would they stop now??

phils come back late a lot, the mets go the other way

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply

May the best "Manuel" win.(FUCK YEA! I JUST THOUGHT THAT UP MYSELF!!!!)

See You In Toledo
Reply

BIRD33 Wrote:May the best "Manuel" win.(FUCK YEA! I JUST THOUGHT THAT UP MYSELF!!!!)

serious 4 star post right above.




Crazy night last night.I came home from basketball to catch Howard jacking that Homerun to take the lead.Lidge almost blew it but came up big in the end.Victorino is fucking on fire right now.I'm glad they didnt deal him for a pitcher.

Mets shite the bed once again.I heard on the radio the Phils are 71-0 when leading after 8.No blown saves.Fucking amazing.By the same token the Mets have blown 27 games after being up after the 8th.If they would have just blown 20 which still is terrible they would have already clinched the division.

Everything is going the Phils way the past month.Houston is forced to play the Cubs in Milaukee due to the hurricane and gets one hit in two games in front of all cubs fans.Milaukee fires its manager with less than 20 games to go and the Mets are falling apart.

I think the Phils will definitly make the playoffs but maybe only via the wildcard.Mets and Phils could both make it.

See You In Toledo
Reply

weird.

See You In Toledo
Reply

BIRD33 Wrote:Crazy night last night.I came home from basketball to catch Howard jacking that Homerun to take the lead.Lidge almost blew it but came up big in the end.Victorino is fucking on fire right now.I'm glad they didnt deal him for a pitcher.

Mets shite the bed once again.I heard on the radio the Phils are 71-0 when leading after 8.No blown saves.Fucking amazing.By the same token the Mets have blown 27 games after being up after the 8th.If they would have just blown 20 which still is terrible they would have already clinched the division.

Everything is going the Phils way the past month.Houston is forced to play the Cubs in Milaukee due to the hurricane and gets one hit in two games in front of all cubs fans.Milaukee fires its manager with less than 20 games to go and the Mets are falling apart.

I think the Phils will definitly make the playoffs but maybe only via the wildcard.Mets and Phils could both make it.
I'm glad you took a little longer look at what I've been saying all along, that the bullpen is an absolute horrendous roller coaster ride. It's seriously, the huge fucking achilles heel of this club for the last 2, maybe 3, years.
John Maine said he wants to come in and close. I would like that. He's a steady player, not a head case.
As of today, both Phils and Mets are in. But losing 4 out of 5 from the NL East's worst 2 teams is not a great sign. And not a time to slump.
Victorino has been a huge asset the last few weeks.
It's sad when you root for the other teams to lose BEFORE you're rooting for your teams to win. Based on the schedule, Mets should go about 13-6 their last 19 games of the season, easy. 12 against Nats and Braves, 4 cubs, 3 Marlins. Instead, they're 2-4 when they should have been 5-1.
Like you Bird, I don't necessarily think it's over. But, tonight will be a HUGE sign as to what kind of gut these pricks have for the final stretch. They lose tonight, it's a tough road to the playoffs.

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply

I noticed a little Willie Randolph in Jerry Manuels "I like where we are at right now, this only makes winning sweeter" comment from the other night.


I think some of the Mets might be preoccupied with off the field issues right now


[Image: david-wright-and-jose-reyes-road-game.jpg]

http://www.thedirty.com/?p=47197


http://www.thedirty.com/?p=47165

See You In Toledo
Reply

I jerked it.

To the scoreboard pic.

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply

The Mets are in front of the Wildcard race now. I wonder if they'll let the pressure get to them on that one too haha.
Phils are fuego. This is the kind of ball a team should be playing on the last week before the playoffs start. Lets see if they can keep it up.
Meeleewahkay is laying a chocolate carvel-like swirlie on the Sealy Posturpedic the last 2 weeks.

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply

Brew crew is done.

Phil's pitching staff has been clutch.The only one under performing is Hamels but he's still great.They got 7 innings out of some guy named Hap the other night that saved the bullpen for the next few games.I still hold they've had all the luck.The other night the second basmen for the braves had guys on first and second when a sharp grounder gets hit at him and he turns to first then remembers theres a guy heading to third, looks at third then remembers he could turn a double play to end the inning and looks at second then realizes it's to late and finally goes to first.The Phils drive the guy in on third the next at bat and they take the lead.

Mets feel less pressure knowing they have the wild card to fall back on but its still a disgrace they blew the division lead again.Not a lot of brain surgeons on that team.

Marlins up this weekend for Philly so they should be in good shape.

See You In Toledo
Reply

with the number of late inning leads the mets have blown, they could have the best record in both leagues
they will not go far in the post season

the phils, on the other hand, pull off a shitload of major comebacks
they look like the team with more potential

i hope i am wrong

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply

Aaaaaaaaannnd..... ANOTHER lead change.
1/2 a game is really making it exciting now.
I was looking at Philly's lineup last night and comparing it to the Mets. The top 6 or 7 for Phils have been producing. And we (you know, the colloquial 'we') are still rotating 2nd basemen.
Bird- you aren't one of those idiots who thinks that Howard could be in the running for MVP do you? When I hear analysts bringing his name up, I can't believe it. Nobody with that many K's and a low average should even be close.

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply

If it's not solely about numbers and who is truly most valuable to ones team nobody has been a bigger reason their team is making the post season than Howard.He has carried them the last two months.He almost carried them back last night.I don't know if he is the MVP but he shouldnt be ruled out because of his lower than average statistics.

See You In Toledo
Reply

BIRD33 Wrote:If it's not solely about numbers and who is truly most valuable to ones team nobody has been a bigger reason their team is making the post season than Howard.He has carried them the last two months.He almost carried them back last night.I don't know if he is the MVP but he shouldnt be ruled out because of his lower than average statistics.
Manny is a bigger part of the Dodgers making the playoffs than Howard is for the Phils...and Manny is the absolute last person I'd want to see win the award.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply

WoolyGoat Wrote:Manny is a bigger part of the Dodgers making the playoffs than Howard is for the Phils...and Manny is the absolute last person I'd want to see win the award.

Didnt A-rod win it while his team was in last place?Howard and Manny seem more deserving than him.

FYI:You guys have won zero rings without Manny in the last 50 years.

See You In Toledo
Reply

Phils have this in the bag.

I after 3 years of shitting on good time Charlie Manuel am prepared to give him props for how he handled this team.They have many fragile minds like Rollins and Myers and he never gets to upset with thier antics and remains a very consistent manager that the team gets behind.

Mets are hilarious, my only hope is they make the wildcard just so the Phils have a chance to face them.They should blow up that team.They are not smart enough collectivly to ever win anything.I'll be happy if switching managers and upgrading the bullpen is all they do to try to fix the team in the offseason.

See You In Toledo
Reply

BIRD33 Wrote:Didnt A-rod win it while his team was in last place?Howard and Manny seem more deserving than him.

FYI:You guys have won zero rings without Manny in the last 50 years.
Sox have the best record in baseball since August 1st, aka the post-Manny era.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WoolyGoat
04-22-2016, 12:23 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
10-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Last Post by WoolyGoat
03-12-2012, 03:23 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
04-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
02-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
01-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Last Post by snarg
06-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Last Post by snarg
06-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Last Post by Tribal Dragon
05-07-2009, 01:26 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)