Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

2008 MLB predictions

WoolyGoat Wrote:neither of them will win the world series, so wgaf?
Its true- neither has a shot in hell against such a powerhouse of the American league. Much like the New York Giants half a year ago.
I wish I could remember the team they beat... Oh well, nobody remembers the loser anyway.

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply

you're kidding yourself if you don't think the '07 Patriots will more "remembered" than the 07 Giants.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply

Like Hitler is more remembered than Churchill?

See You In Toledo
Reply

it's okay to agree with me, bird.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply

WoolyGoat Wrote:you're kidding yourself if you don't think the '07 Patriots will more "remembered" than the 07 Giants.
For the videotaping of signals thing yes.
For playing and winning the most important football game of the season, no.
I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you. Yeeeaaahhhhhh...

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply

Dr. Lecter Wrote:For the videotaping of signals thing yes.
For playing and winning the most important football game of the season, no.
I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you. Yeeeaaahhhhhh...
Take a random football fan off the street in 10 years and have him say one thing about 2007.

He will say: "that's the year the Patriots had the perfect regular season but lost in the Super Bowl."

He will not say: "that's the year Eli Manning led the Giants to the title."

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply

Nail biting time again in the NL East.

What's the difference between a Yankee Staduim hot dog and a Shea Stadium hot dog?
I am happy that joke won't be going around this year. Looks like the Yanks are not going to rally to the top this year.

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply

cLaY Wrote:I hate baseball

sucks to be a braves or astro fan.
Reply

WoolyGoat Wrote:Take a random football fan off the street in 10 years and have him say one thing about 2007.

He will say: "that's the year the Patriots had the perfect regular season but lost in the Super Bowl."

He will not say: "that's the year Eli Manning led the Giants to the title."

I bolded the important part.

nobody will say the word "perfect season" when talking about last year.People will say thats the year the Pats almost went undefeated but lost to the Giants in the superbowl in one of the biggest upsets ever.

You and Bob Kraft are the ones trying to keep this "Perfect regular season" line alive.I read he's having a banner made up to hang at the stadium.Nobody, I repeat Nobody looks at it this way besides pats fans so save yourself the embarassment of trying to reconcile the biggest choke jobs ever and shut the fuck up about it.

See You In Toledo
Reply

mets are in trouble, pitching will be crucial down the stretch.
Reply

I hope Man Ram got a chance to get a Roast Pork sandwich with some broccoli rabe at Tony Lukes during his time getting swept in Philly.J-roll almost hit for the cycle.Guess the booing is helping now?

See You In Toledo
Reply

no, biggest choke job was the yankees v. sox

oh, and you are an idiot

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply

snarg Wrote:no, biggest choke job was the yankees v. sox

oh, and you are an idiot


Losing a 7 game series is a bigger choke job than going 18-0 and then losing in the superbowl while favored by 16 points?They were the greatest team ever remember?Where the Yanks called that?No fucking way.

Oh and your mets fucking suck dick.

See You In Toledo
Reply

[Image: WMn1065330047_83966_6522.jpg.jpeg]

Barry Bonds daughter has the mouth like a clown head on the 18th hole of a putt putt course.

See You In Toledo
Reply

BIRD33 Wrote:[Image: WMn1065330047_83966_6522.jpg.jpeg]

Barry Bonds daughter has the mouth like a clown head on the 18th hole of a putt putt course.

good call

[Image: 35cfk8x.jpg]
Reply

It's what I do, quint.Its what I do.

See You In Toledo
Reply

BIRD33 Wrote:Losing a 7 game series is a bigger choke job than going 18-0 and then losing in the superbowl while favored by 16 points?They were the greatest team ever remember?Where the Yanks called that?No fucking way.

Oh and your mets fucking suck dick.

once again proving what a fucking moron you are
losing 4 straight after being up 3 zero in a 7 game series??
to your seorn enemy??

get a grip, tweety, anyone can blow one game
the yanks choked away four opportunities to get it done
if the jints played four, they likely lose three
good on them to take the game, big upset, yes
but not as big a choke as the bronx blunders

and, yes, the mets suck
who's in first place??

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply

snarg Wrote:once again proving what a fucking moron you are
losing 4 straight after being up 3 zero in a 7 game series??
to your seorn enemy??

get a grip, tweety, anyone can blow one game
the yanks choked away four opportunities to get it done
if the jints played four, they likely lose three
good on them to take the game, big upset, yes
but not as big a choke as the bronx blunders


Lets compare the magnitude of the games shall we?

Yankee\Sox sworn enemies,nobody outside boston\NY cares that much.Sorry thats just the truth.Everyone and I mean everyone watched that superbowl.Its not even a quarter the level of attention that superbowl got.So the level of anticipation to see the pats go undefeated is what makes this a much bigger choke job.

Of course if they played a 5 game series the Pats would have won it.They were favored by 16.Thats what makes it such a monumental choke job you dumb motherfucker.

Was either the Yanks or the Sox considered possibly the greatest team ever to play?Was either of them undefeated, doing something that hadnt been done in 40 years?

Did either the Yanks or Sox have cheating allegations hanging over their head and to compensate for that blew every team out be a classless margin?The Pats needed that win to clean off their tarnished reputation.

There are so many factors that make the Pats loss the bigger choke its ridiculous.I know that baseball game meant a lot to you but in the wide world of sports it pales in comparison to the Giants beating the Pats.

See You In Toledo
Reply

BIRD33 Wrote:I bolded the important part.

nobody will say the word "perfect season" when talking about last year.People will say thats the year the Pats almost went undefeated but lost to the Giants in the superbowl in one of the biggest upsets ever.

You and Bob Kraft are the ones trying to keep this "Perfect regular season" line alive.I read he's having a banner made up to hang at the stadium.Nobody, I repeat Nobody looks at it this way besides pats fans so save yourself the embarassment of trying to reconcile the biggest choke jobs ever and shut the fuck up about it.
like usual you missed the whole point. forget I said perfect season, I'm not trying to keep anything alive...poor word choice.

2007 will be remembered more for the Pats choking than for the Giants winning. That's all I'm trying to say. I only brought it up because Lecter says no one's going to remember who lost, which is ridiculous.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply

bird is wrong, full stop

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WoolyGoat
04-22-2016, 12:23 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
10-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Last Post by WoolyGoat
03-12-2012, 03:23 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
04-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
02-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
01-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Last Post by snarg
06-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Last Post by snarg
06-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Last Post by Tribal Dragon
05-07-2009, 01:26 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)