Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Phillies opened the door a crack for the Mets after that series.The only positive that came out of yesterday for me besides werths homer was the fact that Billy Wagner blew the save.We need to make a move on a pitcher but nobody really stands out anymore with whats his name going to the Brewers.Myers is looking like shit in the minors and apparently really just wants to be a closer probably because he's convinced he doesnt have starter stuff.He's fucked now that we signed Lidge to a 3 year deal.I wouldnt have said this two years ago but I trust Charlie Manuel to get the team in the right mind set to make a run.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 6,096
Threads: 537
Joined: Jan 2005
Reputation:
0
What a fucking BUM Wagner is. Runs his mouth all the time, and nearly got 2 blown saves in a row. Dick.
How old is Lidge anyway? Is he worth it for 3 years?
This would be the time where I say that the Mets are starting to come together.
But I'm not... every time I have that feeling they play like shitheads with a t-ball bullpen.
Am I happy they took 3 of 4 from the Phils? Hell yes. It could have been a sweep. But lets see how they beat on teams they SHOULD beat on, unlike their last group of series with SF, Col and the Reds. After these next 9 games they could be up at the top of the division if Phils go .500 through mid-July.
suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Great game last night.Santana had to be pissed.If the Mets would have won last night it would have given them huge momentum.They shouldnt have sent that guy home.Burrel has been money with his throws all year.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 15,386
Threads: 638
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
what a meltdown, really ugly
good closers earn their money
lidge looked pretty shaky to me
I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk. A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind. A need to return to genuine practice, right effort. Need to push on the great doubt. Need for the spirit. Hang on to the clear light.
Thomas Merton
Posts: 13,679
Threads: 549
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Petey's due back soon, right?
bahahahhaha
Posts: 15,386
Threads: 638
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
i'll get back to ya :roll:
I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk. A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind. A need to return to genuine practice, right effort. Need to push on the great doubt. Need for the spirit. Hang on to the clear light.
Thomas Merton
Posts: 6,096
Threads: 537
Joined: Jan 2005
Reputation:
0
Both Howard and Utley were complete non-factors in this series. I mean, thankfully they were.
Mets announcers were saying that Phillies have been on a run drought for a few weeks, so Manuel needs to do something to shake things up in the lineup.
Why did he sit Rollins today? They said it might be a disciplinary thing but I didn't find out. Do you know, Bird?
Rack Delgado for getting the game winner. The fact that he's been hitting has been a big reason the Mets are winning.
suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Posts: 15,386
Threads: 638
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
how ya feeling about lidge now?
I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk. A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind. A need to return to genuine practice, right effort. Need to push on the great doubt. Need for the spirit. Hang on to the clear light.
Thomas Merton
Posts: 13,679
Threads: 549
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
maybe manny can sign with teh Mets next year?
Posts: 15,386
Threads: 638
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
i'd take manny, sure
tell me you won't miss manny
like ellsbury can take his palce, right?
good game last nite
who is better right now, p-boner or mo?
I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk. A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind. A need to return to genuine practice, right effort. Need to push on the great doubt. Need for the spirit. Hang on to the clear light.
Thomas Merton
Posts: 6,096
Threads: 537
Joined: Jan 2005
Reputation:
0
Damn. I wanted the mets to pick up Nady and now he's a yankee? Wow.
Should be an interesting weekend if the phils keep skidding, they may find themselves in 3rd place by sunday night.
suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Posts: 13,679
Threads: 549
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
I've been a Manny apologist for years, but I think I may have had it.
The team has been waiting since May for Ortiz to get back; after all the anticipation he's finally back in the lineup for a big friday night game against the Yankees, and Manny just decides he doesn't feel like playing.
He's obviously a fabulous player, still today, but the fact is that you just can't count on him to feel like playing on any particular day. I've truly enjoyed, more than most, watching him here over the years, but I think he may have finally worn out his welcome.
Rivera is better right now, no one applied that Papelbon quote from all-star weekend correctly.
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
I hope the Phillies take a run at Manny if they can't resign Burrel.I know he doesnt give 100% effort but when he does he's worth it.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 15,386
Threads: 638
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
BIRD33 Wrote:23 straight saves.Prety good.
july 25 zero innings, 4 hits, 5 runs ?????
I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk. A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind. A need to return to genuine practice, right effort. Need to push on the great doubt. Need for the spirit. Hang on to the clear light.
Thomas Merton