Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

2008 MLB predictions
#61

BIRD33 Wrote:Victorino is suspect.

This current slump the Phil's are in doesnt worry me to much.We started out hot which they never do so they were kind of due to slip up a bit.

The Brett Myers saga continues.Can someone explain to me how he was our opening day starter over Hamels?I guess Benson will be his replacment.I just hope his(bensons) wife stays away.

Whats got me worried is the Mets have had a terrible start, fired their manager and are only 4 games or so back.Anything can happen.
Like you said a while back after reading the book about a year in the life of Mussina and Glavine, Willie was totally disconnected from his players and thought he was due some knightly level of respect and adoration. Fuck that. Local media knows this is a good thing for the Mets, they all got wind that most of the players loathed him.
To see Manuel out there fighting and getting tossed for his team is a good thing, in my eyes. Spark it up when you need to.
But for as much talent as both of these teams have, they're completely underperforming. All-Star break will be good for the Mets, Manuel is all about team building, and any All-stars that are going will be here in NY anyway.

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply
#62

Phillies opened the door a crack for the Mets after that series.The only positive that came out of yesterday for me besides werths homer was the fact that Billy Wagner blew the save.We need to make a move on a pitcher but nobody really stands out anymore with whats his name going to the Brewers.Myers is looking like shit in the minors and apparently really just wants to be a closer probably because he's convinced he doesnt have starter stuff.He's fucked now that we signed Lidge to a 3 year deal.I wouldnt have said this two years ago but I trust Charlie Manuel to get the team in the right mind set to make a run.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#63

What a fucking BUM Wagner is. Runs his mouth all the time, and nearly got 2 blown saves in a row. Dick.
How old is Lidge anyway? Is he worth it for 3 years?

This would be the time where I say that the Mets are starting to come together.
But I'm not... every time I have that feeling they play like shitheads with a t-ball bullpen.
Am I happy they took 3 of 4 from the Phils? Hell yes. It could have been a sweep. But lets see how they beat on teams they SHOULD beat on, unlike their last group of series with SF, Col and the Reds. After these next 9 games they could be up at the top of the division if Phils go .500 through mid-July.

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply
#64

Dr. Lecter Wrote:What a fucking BUM Wagner is. Runs his mouth all the time, and nearly got 2 blown saves in a row. Dick.
How old is Lidge anyway? Is he worth it for 3 years?

This would be the time where I say that the Mets are starting to come together.
But I'm not... every time I have that feeling they play like shitheads with a t-ball bullpen.
Am I happy they took 3 of 4 from the Phils? Hell yes. It could have been a sweep. But lets see how they beat on teams they SHOULD beat on, unlike their last group of series with SF, Col and the Reds. After these next 9 games they could be up at the top of the division if Phils go .500 through mid-July.


Wagners just a cry baby.When he left here he could have kept his mouth shut and showed some class but he had to get his shots in about how shitty the fans were.It was the same tired bullshit about getting booed,sorry we booed you when you blew the save on the last game of the regular season to knock us out of the playoffs.Nothing makes me happier than the Phillies kicking his ass and having the better team.I actually get nervous when he goes in against the Phils because I want him to fail so bad.

Lidge is 32.A three year deal is I think good for both him and the Phillies.If he tanks next year its only one year left after that.If he plays well he can get another monster contract equal or of more value than this one.Fun fact I learned about him while looking up his age-he went to Notre Dame.He is now my all time favorite closer for the Phils.He might drive Brett Myers to suicide for taking his closer spot which would be great.

They've lost their last 4.The hitting has gotten spotty.They havent had a game in a while where either Rollins, Utley or Howard wasnt struggling.Just not firing on all cylinders yet.I'm worried by the time they get the hitting going the pitching will crap out.I love Moyer but I wonder if we can win if he's our 2 or 3.

I hate to say it but the division is wide open(except for the braves,Phils own them).

See You In Toledo
Reply
#65

Great game last night.Santana had to be pissed.If the Mets would have won last night it would have given them huge momentum.They shouldnt have sent that guy home.Burrel has been money with his throws all year.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#66

what a meltdown, really ugly
good closers earn their money
lidge looked pretty shaky to me

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#67

Petey's due back soon, right?







bahahahhaha

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#68

i'll get back to ya :roll:

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#69

Lidge has been money all year so I'm not that worried.I'm aware he's a headcase but nothing like the mental midget Brett Myers.A good outing for Myers now is walking the bases loaded in the first to go down two and then muddling through 6.He wasnt as horrible as he's been last night but he has zero confidence and it's painful to watch.

The play by the whitesox 2nd baseman at the end of this video is sick.

http://deadspin.com/5028484/eisen-is-old...oplay=true

See You In Toledo
Reply
#70

Both Howard and Utley were complete non-factors in this series. I mean, thankfully they were.
Mets announcers were saying that Phillies have been on a run drought for a few weeks, so Manuel needs to do something to shake things up in the lineup.
Why did he sit Rollins today? They said it might be a disciplinary thing but I didn't find out. Do you know, Bird?
Rack Delgado for getting the game winner. The fact that he's been hitting has been a big reason the Mets are winning.

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply
#71

Dr. Lecter Wrote:Both Howard and Utley were complete non-factors in this series. I mean, thankfully they were.
Mets announcers were saying that Phillies have been on a run drought for a few weeks, so Manuel needs to do something to shake things up in the lineup.
Why did he sit Rollins today? They said it might be a disciplinary thing but I didn't find out. Do you know, Bird?
Rack Delgado for getting the game winner. The fact that he's been hitting has been a big reason the Mets are winning.

He showed up late and didnt call.Very troubling.Phillies run production has been pathetic.They just don't seem to be jelled as a team.I like Howard but it's either homerun or strikeout.The pitching situation isnt very stable either.They played better last year when trailing the mets.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#72

how ya feeling about lidge now?

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#73

maybe manny can sign with teh Mets next year?

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#74

i'd take manny, sure
tell me you won't miss manny
like ellsbury can take his palce, right?

good game last nite
who is better right now, p-boner or mo?

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#75

Damn. I wanted the mets to pick up Nady and now he's a yankee? Wow.
Should be an interesting weekend if the phils keep skidding, they may find themselves in 3rd place by sunday night.

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply
#76

I've been a Manny apologist for years, but I think I may have had it.

The team has been waiting since May for Ortiz to get back; after all the anticipation he's finally back in the lineup for a big friday night game against the Yankees, and Manny just decides he doesn't feel like playing.

He's obviously a fabulous player, still today, but the fact is that you just can't count on him to feel like playing on any particular day. I've truly enjoyed, more than most, watching him here over the years, but I think he may have finally worn out his welcome.

Rivera is better right now, no one applied that Papelbon quote from all-star weekend correctly.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#77

snarg Wrote:how ya feeling about lidge now?


23 straight saves.Prety good.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#78

I hope the Phillies take a run at Manny if they can't resign Burrel.I know he doesnt give 100% effort but when he does he's worth it.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#79

BIRD33 Wrote:23 straight saves.Prety good.



july 25 zero innings, 4 hits, 5 runs ?????

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#80

snarg Wrote:july 25 zero innings, 4 hits, 5 runs ?????

23 straight up till that point.Is he better than the combo of Flash Gorgon, Brett Myers and Mr. Six fingers they had last year?Oh yes he is.

Phils are in a good spot right now.Being down to the mets is a wake up call.They need motivation and Rollins needed to be put in his place a little bit.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WoolyGoat
04-22-2016, 12:23 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
10-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Last Post by WoolyGoat
03-12-2012, 03:23 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
04-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
02-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
01-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Last Post by snarg
06-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Last Post by snarg
06-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Last Post by Tribal Dragon
05-07-2009, 01:26 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)