Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

07-08 NBA predictions

Lakers will still win it.They havent looked the same as they did in the spurs series.They will get back on track in LA.The celts might have blown their load already.

See You In Toledo
Reply

I certainly don't like Kobe's attitude towards his teammates.Its one thing to be Jordanlike and demand accountability from your teammates but I really feel Kobe takes that to another level thats unhealthy for the psyche of the team.Its like playing for a coach who will pull you out at the first mistake you make.You're always looking over your shoulder to see what look he's giving you and that takes away from your focus on the game.If the Lakers do lose the series I think you have to lay some of the blame on Kobe and how he's kind of seperated himself from the team.Its ironic because he's also the only reason they are in the finals in the first place.

Can we all agree that KG is not a superstar?13 points from your highest paid player is a joke.

See You In Toledo
Reply

Pretty interesting shit coming out via the Donaghey case.This couldnt be coming out at a worse time for the NBA.It really does look like the Ref's fixed the Lakers\Kings series.

I love the NBA but is there a shadier league than this?I always believed the rumor that Jordan didnt retire the first time but was put on a down low suspension for gambling and now all this crap abput favoring certain teams.Stern might be a little crooked.

• "Tim gave information on how top executives of the NBA sought to manipulate games using referees to boost ticket sales and television ratings," the letter reads. "He also described how nepotism played a far greater role than qualifications in a number of referee hirings."

• "Tim explained the league officials would tell referees that they should withhold calling technical fouls on certain star players because doing so would hurt ticket sales and television ratings," the letter adds. "As an example, Tim explained how there were times when a referee supervisor would tell referees that NBA Executive X did not want them to call technical fouls on star players or remove them from the game. In January 2000, Referee D went against these instructions and elected a star player in the first quarter of the game. Referee D later was privately reprimanded by the league for that ejection."

• In addition to game-altering allegations, Donaghy's letter claims that many officials carry on "relationships" with team executives, coaches and players that violate their NBA contracts. For example, it said, referees broke NBA rules by hitting up players for autographs, socializing with coaches and accepting meals and merchandise from teams.

"Tim described one referee's use of a team's practice facility to exercise and another's frequent tennis matches with a team's coach," the letter says.

• The letter also alleges that during a 2005 Rockets-Mavericks playoff series, "Team 3 lost the first two games in the series and Team 3's Owner complained to NBA officials. Team 3's Owner alleged that referees were letting a Team 4 player get away with illegal screens. NBA Executive Y told Referee Supervisor Z that the referees for that game were to enforce the screening rules strictly against that Team 4 player. Referee Supervisor Z informed the referees about his instructions. As an alternate referee for that game, Tim also received these instructions."

See You In Toledo
Reply

Van Gundy was funny last night trying to say he was correct about the screens but still trying to slam Donaghey.
Reply

Van gundy is a better analyst then he is a coach.

It would be nice if someone in the NBA took Stern to task for his handling of the officiating debacle.Not one person connected to the NBA wants to touch the Lakers\King series and how it probably was rigged.

See You In Toledo
Reply

The Suns/Spurs from last year looked questionable.
Reply

Lakers by 3 tonight.

See You In Toledo
Reply

I dont like making predictions but id like to go with.........Boston by 4 in OT

:ccrap:
JI Kicks Ass!!!!!
Reply

I still believe the lakers have a chance but good god that was a bad loss.I will credit whoever called Gasol soft because they were right.He just doesnt bang hard enough down low and really doesnt have a go to move to score.How bout the 1999 version of Ray Allen showing up on that last play where he shook the guy at the top of the key and took it to the hoop for a lefthanded layup?I was shocked.The Lakers gave it to the Celts more than the Celts took it from the lakers.Being up 25 they obviously have what it takes to beat Boston but they just need to finish.

See You In Toledo
Reply

Kobe is such a whiner.
watching Phil Jackson interviewed during the breaks is funny as shit. You can tell he hates doing them.
Reply

Do people still believe Kobe is as good or better than Jordan?

See You In Toledo
Reply

everyone here has already hung banner #17...makes me nervous.

Pierce and Allen both had layups that were spectacular.

Pierce guarding Kobe (sweet block on that one play) in the second half was sick.

Pierce's Celtic legacy is completely different if they win this series. He's in the all-time Celtics top 10 (if not top 5) in almost every relevant offensive stat. Give him a title and few more seasons and he'll be remembered like all of the other Celtic greats.

Odom is lost, Pau is soft, and everyone else not named Kobe is scared to death.

Doc is out-coaching Phil.

It'll be interesting to see what lineup Doc puts out the on Sunday, considering how much better the offense was when Kobe was forced to guard EHouse.

LA might win game 5, but I don't see them being remotely capable of winning 2 straight in Boston.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply

think kobe would trade odom for shaq again?
Reply

WoolyGoat Wrote:everyone here has already hung banner #17...makes me nervous.

Pierce and Allen both had layups that were spectacular.

Pierce guarding Kobe (sweet block on that one play) in the second half was sick.

Pierce's Celtic legacy is completely different if they win this series. He's in the all-time Celtics top 10 (if not top 5) in almost every relevant offensive stat. Give him a title and few more seasons and he'll be remembered like all of the other Celtic greats.

Odom is lost, Pau is soft, and everyone else not named Kobe is scared to death.

Doc is out-coaching Phil.

It'll be interesting to see what lineup Doc puts out the on Sunday, considering how much better the offense was when Kobe was forced to guard EHouse.

LA might win game 5, but I don't see them being remotely capable of winning 2 straight in Boston.


Pierce has totally transformed his legacy these playoffs.He will be just below Havelichek on the Celts all time great list.Part of that has to do with the fact he's black and Boston will always pick Havelichek over him.His numbers are a little inflated being the only go to guy on mediocore teams his whole career.

You are right about odom and Gasol.

I don't know about Doc outcoaching anyone.I think its just Phil dealing with a team that has one great player and a bunch of scared players.Guys are getting open shots (Sasha whateverthefuckhisnameis is like 2-14 every game) but arent hitting them.Odom is to timid.Gasol showed a little better effort last night but overall he's not the same player his was during the regular season.You could argue that Phil did a better coaching job just to get them to this point.

The lakers need to have Kobe cover Pierce every play if they want to win the next two.Sasha was getting eaten alive.Mark Jackson made a good point about needing to force Pierce to the middle to funnel him into Gasol but they werent doing that at all.I think its possible for the LA to win the next two but I put the chances around 30%.

See You In Toledo
Reply

WoolyGoat Wrote:celtics take care of business at home, steal 1 of 3 in LA, win it back home in 6.
as far as I'm concerned, this is the only accurate post in the entire thread.

if I had a nickel for each time Bird picked against the Cs here, I'd have, like, $1.65.

but seriously, everyone who posted in this thread looked like an idiot at one point or another.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply

WoolyGoat Wrote:as far as I'm concerned, this is the only accurate post in the entire thread.

if I had a nickel for each time Bird picked against the Cs here, I'd have, like, $1.65.

but seriously, everyone who posted in this thread looked like an idiot at one point or another.

Youre right i should never have said OT

:ccrap:
JI Kicks Ass!!!!!
Reply

kobe has hurt his rep...


jordan never would have been blown out and he would have poured in at least fitty
Reply

RACK the Jayhawk!

I'm not a big fan of the gloating Wooleygoat.

Jordan never would have lost in the Finals, 8, that's the difference. Jordan was a winner. Kobe really isn't.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply

Wooleygoat deserves to gloat.I killed the Celts all year and they got it done.I was wrong.

I will say this is easily the weirdest year for the NBA in 20 years.Look at all the issues or events that in a normal year would be a big deal but were just one of many.

The donaghy fixing games initial shit
Odom done for the year
Kobe saying there was no way the lakers could keep him
Ray Allen being traded to boston
Ainge and Mchale absolutely 100% colluding to trade KG to the celts for nothing
Kobe being traded to the Bulls
Heat shitting the bed
Celts going nuts
Shaq going to the suns
Jerry West from retirement somehow stealing Pau Gasol to the lakers to somehow top the celts for biggest crap trade of the year thats totally unfair but we all have to pretend it was legit
Kidd to the mavericks
Hawks going 7
Sixers going 7
Shaq failing in Phoenix
Chris Paul exploding
Tim Duncan looking old
Pistons being to cocky
Donaghy dropping the bomb about the kings game and implicating other refs
Lakers\Celts finals

You can't blame a brother for making some bad predictions in the face of such turbulent times.





8 if i lived closer to you I'd sterilize you by force for comparing kobe to jordan.If he's as good as jordan does that mean he's better than Bird?Bird in his prime would have had the total mental advantage on kobe to go with a near perfect shooting ability and killed kobe.Don't think Bird wouldnt have brought up the rape charges.

See You In Toledo
Reply

looks like I get to spend tomorrow at another championship parade. I'll post pics if I get a good view.



how about KG after the game? I couldn't understand a word that dude said.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WoolyGoat
04-22-2016, 12:23 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
10-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Last Post by WoolyGoat
03-12-2012, 03:23 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
04-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
02-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
01-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Last Post by snarg
06-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Last Post by snarg
06-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Last Post by who
08-20-2009, 09:52 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)