Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

2008 MLB predictions
#21

snarg Wrote:you should be thanking the mets
til last year, the phils had the distinction of the worst collapse evah


I know and they are grateful.I wasnt born yet but I'm assuming the Phils used that collapse as motivation to win the Pennant the next year?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#22

even i was young then
they held the crown for quite some time

mets win the pennant this yr
petey is comeback player of the year
santana wins cy
wright and reyes in top 5 for mvp

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#23

BIRD33 Wrote:The old that catastrophic failure was a good thing line.Nice.Its always good to damage a teams psyche by associating itself with the biggest collapse of all time.



While the Phils were in the playoffs Randolph was still wondering if it was time to pop the champagne.
the sox ('sup Grady?) choked away the '03 pennant in game 7...'04 went pretty well.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#24

Yea losing a 7 game lead with 17 to play is the same as a team already in the playoffs losing a 7 game series.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#25

get your fill of Braves baseball, this is the last year of Bobby Cox. I'll miss him.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#26

PHI.....vs......COL
.172....BA.....267
8.......R.......16
3......SB........0
5......HR........4
22......K.......26
5.54....ERA.....2.33

0.......WINS.....3

Way to imitate the Mets and represent the East when it counts, Hercules.

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply
#27

Dr. Lecter Wrote:PHI.....vs......COL
.172....BA.....267
8.......R.......16
3......SB........0
5......HR........4
22......K.......26
5.54....ERA.....2.33

0.......WINS.....3

Way to imitate the Mets and represent the East when it counts, Hercules.


Those are playoff stats right?Did Willie keep those for you while he was watching from Florida?I'd guess the Phil's were tired out from coming back 7 fucking down with 17 to go.The Mets are Jimmy Rollins bitch.Good luck with the other Met player the Phil's own, Mr. Billy"I couldnt hack it in that mean city" Wagner.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#28

BIRD33 Wrote:Those are playoff stats right?Did Willie keep those for you while he was watching from Florida?I'd guess the Phil's were tired out from coming back 7 fucking down with 17 to go.The Mets are Jimmy Rollins bitch.Good luck with the other Met player the Phil's own, Mr. Billy"I couldnt hack it in that mean city" Wagner.
I like Rollins play and would like to see him on the Mets. But I'd prefer Reyes at SS and Rollins at 3rd. Make it happen.

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply
#29

cLaY Wrote:get your fill of Braves baseball, this is the last year of Bobby Cox. I'll miss him.

Its all over Junior. When Bobby Ca-Ca leaves.. the braves are dead. No one gives a fuck about the braves... even people in the same city. We are talking about a team that can't even sell out a home game for the playoffs.
Reply
#30

Dr. Lecter Wrote:I like Rollins play and would like to see him on the Mets. But I'd prefer Reyes at SS and Rollins at 3rd. Make it happen.

rollins is the better ss.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#31

[Image: news005a.jpg]



Why are Jap baseball players so weird?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#32

Phillies in first without Rollins and Howards slumping.I was listenig to WFAN this morning and John Fienstein was talkiing about his new book that followed Mussina and Glavine last year.He made Randolph sound like he's out of touch with his players.Phillies are winning the pennant.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#33

anyone seen TD?

Hows the rockies doing?
Reply
#34

Anhil8tor Wrote:anyone seen TD?

Hows the rockies doing?


He's traveling with the team all season.Guys hardcore.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#35

BIRD33 Wrote:Phillies in first without Rollins and Howards slumping.I was listenig to WFAN this morning and John Fienstein was talkiing about his new book that followed Mussina and Glavine last year.He made Randolph sound like he's out of touch with his players.Phillies are winning the pennant.
Randolph is COMPLETELY out of touch with his players.
And he's made some moronic decisions (or lack thereof) in the first quarter of the season.
If Arizona stays healthy, they will be a top contender, based on what I've seen thus far.

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply
#36

does will take your calls, doc??
if not, serves ya right

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#37

Dr. Lecter Wrote:Randolph is COMPLETELY out of touch with his players.
And he's made some moronic decisions (or lack thereof) in the first quarter of the season.
If Arizona stays healthy, they will be a top contender, based on what I've seen thus far.

Feinstein told a story about Glavine struggling for his 300th win and they asked willy if the team was pressing to much to get that for him.Willy said nobody in the clubhouse cared to much about that and it wasnt a big deal.Supposedly Wagner (shocker) and some other pitchers got real pissed off at that.

Phils manhandled the the d backs last night.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#38

Carlos Beltran is still sucking the life out of my fantasy team.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#39

Dr. Lecter Wrote:The meltdown was a good thing, got them more focused for the upcoming year. With such a depleted pitching staff as they had last year, it was a miracle they made it that far. They would have never made it to the pennant in 07.
But the Phils did great in the postseason. :joff:

Still think that meltdown was a good thing?See ya Willie.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#40

Petey will be back soon to save the day.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WoolyGoat
04-22-2016, 12:23 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
10-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Last Post by WoolyGoat
03-12-2012, 03:23 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
04-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
02-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
01-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Last Post by snarg
06-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Last Post by snarg
06-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Last Post by Tribal Dragon
05-07-2009, 01:26 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)