Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Miles to Michigan, Spurrier to LSU?
#1

big talk here is Spurrier might be heading to LSU
Reply
#2

I'm not a huge Miles fan.Spurrier to LSU would be nuts.He'd win multiple championships.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#3

BIRD33 Wrote:I'm not a huge Miles fan.Spurrier to LSU would be nuts.He'd win multiple championships.

I think so but how long do you think he'd honestly be there. He is 63 years old....

but that could also be the perfect reason for going. He could go out as a winner.
Reply
#4

fuck spurrier

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#5

WoolyGoat Wrote:fuck spurrier

If Spurrier comes to LSU.. I'll don the purple and gold for the first time in my life.
Reply
#6

that's because you're a front runner

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#7

WoolyGoat Wrote:that's because you're a front runner
Interesting explanation.
Thanks and you are a delightful person too.
Am I a front runner?
Let me put it this way, : the ALICE series is
the most reliable computer software ever made.
We are for all practical purposes foolproof and incapable of error.

Who said I had to make sense ?
Reply
#8

WoolyGoat Wrote:that's because you're a front runner

I like spurrier. he is a great college coach.
Reply
#9

Anhil8tor Wrote:I like spurrier. he is a great college coach.


So why don't you wear Gamecocks shit?Because you're a frontrunner.

Who cares that he's 63?He's got a good 5 years left.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#10

I bet 8's current wardrobe just screams "cock"
Reply
#11

BIRD33 Wrote:So why don't you wear Gamecocks shit?Because you're a frontrunner.

Who cares that he's 63?He's got a good 5 years left.

i guess i'm a front runner then. I need to get some pats stuff quick.
Reply
#12

Didnt you basically call LSU an african american school before?Didnt you root against them the last time they were in the title game?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#13

LSU can have Joe Pa.
Reply
#14

Penn State coach Joe Paterno's salary -- more than $500,000 -- finally revealed

By MARTHA RAFFAELE, Associated Press Writer
November 29, 2007

AP - Nov 29, 4:58 pm EST
More Photos



HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) -- Joe Paterno's salary is no longer one of the most closely guarded secrets in college sports. The Penn State coach will earn more than $500,000 this year.

The State Employees' Retirement System released Paterno's salary Thursday, more than a week after the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled that his salary and those of other top Penn State officials are public information.

Paterno was paid $427,220 in the first 10 months of 2007 -- putting his year-end salary on track to be $512,664. He was paid $490,638 last year, according to the retirement system.

"I'm paid well. I'm not overpaid," Paterno said earlier in the day, during an interview with reporters about his upcoming College Football Hall of Fame induction. "I got all the money I need."

But it's not even close to what some other big-name coaches are making. Alabama's Nick Saban is the highest paid coach at $4 million per year, while Oklahoma's Bob Stoops makes over $3 million. Ohio State's Jim Tressel, Florida's Urban Meyer and South Carolina's Steve Spurrier make upward of $2 million annually.


Many coaches receive substantial bonuses or outside income, but the retirement system data did not show other forms of compensation.

Paterno said Thursday he makes more money than is reflected in the retirement system's figures, but didn't specify how much.

He has no immediate plans to dip into his pension anytime soon. While Paterno acknowledges the end of his career is near, he said he still tells recruits that he could go another "three, four, five years" if his health allows, and that "all the positive things here will still be here when I leave."

Paterno, who turns 81 on Dec. 21, is under contract through next season. He's already looking forward to 2008, when he said Penn State might be "in the the thick of things" for a national championship.

The disclosure of Paterno's salary was forced by The Patriot News in Harrisburg, which asked the retirement system nearly five years ago to release the salaries of Paterno and three other school officials.

Penn State, which had refused to make the information public, also opposed the release by the retirement system on the grounds that it would be unfair to the affected employees and might hurt morale or make it more difficult to recruit and retain talent.

The legal wrangling ended last week, when the state Supreme Court upheld a lower court order to release the information. The justices said the lower court properly balanced the public's right against the effects the disclosure might have on reputations and personal security.

Paterno has been head coach for 42 years, a record for major college football. He holds records for bowl appearances (33) and postseason wins (22). His 371 total victories put him two behind Florida State's Bobby Bowden for most among major college coaches.

A 2006 comparison by USA Today showed that Big Ten coaches' salaries ranged from $231,000 at Purdue to $2.8 million at Iowa.

The retirement system disclosed Paterno's salary after receiving a formal notice from Penn State that officials would not appeal the high court's ruling.

"We still feel the same way we felt previously -- employees have a fundamental right to confidential financial information," Penn State spokesman Bill Mahon said. "It's unfortunate that thousands of them no longer have that confidentiality."

Paterno said his first contract for head coach in 1966 was for $20,000.

"It bothers me that people have to know what I make," he told reporters. "What difference does it make what I make, all right? I don't know what you guys make."

Associated Press writer Genaro Armas contributed to this report from State College, Pa.
Reply
#15

Paterno's bring in 500 g's of revenue to the state of PA every year.At least.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#16

which 2 rbs would you start
portis
kolby smith
lendal white
maghee
chester taylor
Reply
#17

BIRD33 Wrote:Paterno's bring in 500 g's of revenue to the state of PA every year.At least.

he pretty much is penn state football, right? every piece of memorabilia sold, what percentage of that would you attribute to paterno? (I assume the school gets royalties)

Quote:"I'm paid well. I'm not overpaid," Paterno said earlier in the day, during an interview with reporters about his upcoming College Football Hall of Fame induction. "I got all the money I need."

I had no idea what he made and had never really thought about it. I always liked paterno, but I think that's awesome. I fucking hate nick saban
Reply
#18

BIRD33 Wrote:Didnt you basically call LSU an african american school before?Didnt you root against them the last time they were in the title game?

I don't recall calling them an afro-americana school. Not sure what that'd even mean...

I don't root for them and I don't root against them. When I watch their games I don't have an allegiance either way. When they win.. I'm glad but not :yay:, when they lose... I have no pain.
Reply
#19

quint Wrote:which 2 rbs would you start
portis
kolby smith
lendal white
maghee
chester taylor

....
Reply
#20

what? Wrote:he pretty much is penn state football, right?
I think he's a clear second to KiJana Carter.

Oh, and Bobby Bowden > Joe Pa

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Ntype
09-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
01-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
12-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Last Post by ntype
12-01-2005, 02:18 AM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
11-18-2005, 05:31 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)