Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

mlb playoff predictions
#61

Anhil8tor Wrote:So shannys success is directly related to the organization that taught him everything he knows?

great...


congrats on missing the playoffs again this year. no way the rockies win the world series.. but being a bronco fan i'm sure you've mastered the "well it was just night to get there" moto
You're dodging. The AFC west is wide open. Anyone could win the division. Even the lowly Raiders.

We don't even care if the Rockies win the series. We are just happy to finally have them back in the playoffs. :yay:
Reply
#62

WoolyGoat Wrote:It's not a reflection of Boston fans, it's a reflection of me. Fuck, I followed (and posted about) the freakin Celtics last year, who were dreadful. I've paid my dues watching the Bruins for years.

I just think it's ridiculous for a bunch of jackasses to all of a sudden come out of the woodwork talking about how great their team is when they don't even know who half the players are.
Show me the post where I stated they were so great.

I've got time.
Reply
#63

If you actually post here I'll vouch for you that you've got time.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#64

BIRD33 Wrote:If you actually post here I'll vouch for you that you've got time.
Heh
Reply
#65

Jimmy Rollins is a stud.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#66

WoolyGoat Wrote:Actually, I'll just post the column ('sup crackers?)

Umps, keep an eye on that Rockie

Rockies closer Manny Corpas came in to pitch the bottom of the ninth, retired the Phillies in order and that was that.

Or was it?

TBS cameras on Corpas warming up before coming into yesterday's 4-2 Colorado win in Game 1 of the National League Division Series at Citizens Bank Park clearly showed the righthander pour a cup of water or soda on the front of his shirt before leaving the bullpen and then rubbing dirt on the area.

Then, when he went into the game, he appeared to go to that spot before several of his pitches in order to get a better grip on the baseball. Since the Rockies' road jerseys are black, any discoloration on the shirt would have been difficult to detect.

It's illegal for pitchers to apply a foreign substance to the baseball. That became a huge issue last October when television cameras showed Tigers lefthander Kenny Rogers with a noticeable smudge on his pitching hand during Game 1 of the World Series against St. Louis.

The Phillies declined comment.

Crew chief Dale Scott had left the ballpark and was not available for comment.

"I don't know anything about it," Rockies general manager Dan O'Dowd told the Rocky Mountain News. *

- Paul Hagen

How the fuck did you know I'm from Colorado?
Reply
#67

get out of here

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#68

Matsui Grand Slam!!!
Reply
#69

3 fucking hits by the 5th

See You In Toledo
Reply
#70

The wheels look like they're coming off.
Reply
#71

They might wanna stop pitching to that Japanese kid, though I'd like to see him hit for the cycle.

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Reply
#72

2-0 Rockies. I'm going to be the super-homer and predict the sweep.
Reply
#73

Tribal Dragon Wrote:2-0 Rockies. I'm going to be the super-homer and predict the sweep.

good thing...


how'd it feel to kiss that superbowl run goodbye already?

roffle
Reply
#74

Phils in 5.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#75

BIRD33 Wrote:Phils in 5.

I feel your pain, friend.

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply
#76

Selvin Young will be a suitable replacement.
Reply
#77

Anhil8tor Wrote:good thing...


how'd it feel to kiss that superbowl run goodbye already?

roffle
They'll still finish with a better record than teh 9'ers.

roffle
Reply
#78

Tribal Dragon Wrote:They'll still finish with a better record than teh 9'ers.

roffle

is that your measuring stick for success?

i thought division title, world title etc etc...
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WoolyGoat
04-22-2016, 12:23 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
10-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Last Post by WoolyGoat
03-12-2012, 03:23 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
04-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
02-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
01-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Last Post by snarg
06-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Last Post by snarg
06-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
05-08-2010, 12:05 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)