04-10-2007, 04:25 PM
I love it.
over/under on years till self leaves/fired?
over/under on years till self leaves/fired?
BIRD33 Wrote:Self has one or two more years.If he gets knocked out in the first rd or doesnt make the tourney he's done.Apparently Billy Guilespe was the driving force behind his success.
cLaY Wrote:...fire a guy who recruits all american's every year, 2 and 3 at a time? please...
BIRD33 Wrote:No fire a guy who has a history of losing big games and whose recruiting success is attributed to the coach at Kentucky.
cLaY Wrote:because its some small feat to get 3 teams to the Elite Eight? taking a team of left overs from the Roy era to the Elite Eight? the guy is a proven coach. the only way he'd go would be by pulling a Tubby...and I don't see it happening.Interesting explanation.
where do you get that Gillespie is the main reason Self has had success? he was only an assistant for 2 years under Self.
cLaY Wrote:because its some small feat to get 3 teams to the Elite Eight? taking a team of left overs from the Roy era to the Elite Eight? the guy is a proven coach. the only way he'd go would be by pulling a Tubby...and I don't see it happening.
where do you get that Gillespie is the main reason Self has had success? he was only an assistant for 2 years under Self.
PS. Good luck Jules.
BIRD33 Wrote:Did Roy leave Kansas in shambles?I don't remember it that way.
Read the sports illustrated article about Gullespe, it details how he was the main recruiter for Self.How can you say the guys a proven coach when his reputation is that of a guy who can't win a big game.
Anhil8tor Wrote:snyone else this gillespi (sp?) got the job because he beat pitno in rupp arena?ntype? is that you in there?
cLaY Wrote:Nick Collison, an All-American, left as a Senior after Roy left. Kirk left. Simien was hurt. He went to the Elite Eight with Keith Langford, Aaron Miles, and JR Giddens.
Tim Jancovich, his top assistant last year and main recruiter, just took a job with Illinois State. The guy breeds not only head coaches, but NBA lottery picks. Its a reflection on the Man himself. There's not a better man for the job, and he's handled the criticism that ignorant fans (Duke fans) have thrown at him very well, including the ill conceived reputation that he can't win big games, (See: Two big wins over Texas Univ. and the POY and future No. 1 pick Kevin Durant). The guy's a young winner who will win a title.
cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...
BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.
BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Paddy Wrote:Even I'm unsure how to spell "Gillespie" now.
Paddy Wrote:Even I'm unsure how to spell "Gillespie" now.Ditto. Pretty sure he's french though.
WoolyGoat Wrote:Ditto. Pretty sure he's french though.
Also, spelling jokes aren't funny.
cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...
BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.
BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Paddy Wrote:Would it be funnier if I told you my surname was "Gillespie"?I'm more interested in your maiden name.
BIRD33 Wrote:Illconcieved reputation?How bout he's never won a big game.Texas is not a big win, sorry.Whats his biggest tourney win ever?You are drunk on the Bill Self Kool-Aid.Read up on Billy Guillespe to see how fucked you guys are.
cLaY Wrote:Gillespie has and never will be a recruiter for Kansas University.