Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Kansas F Wright declares for NBA draft
#1

I love it.

over/under on years till self leaves/fired?
Reply
#2

Self has one or two more years.If he gets knocked out in the first rd or doesnt make the tourney he's done.Apparently Billy Guilespe was the driving force behind his success.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#3

Sports forum.

Jimmy - The old Hardcore Standard. :clap:
Reply
#4

BIRD33 Wrote:Self has one or two more years.If he gets knocked out in the first rd or doesnt make the tourney he's done.Apparently Billy Guilespe was the driving force behind his success.

...fire a guy who recruits all american's every year, 2 and 3 at a time? please...

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#5

cLaY Wrote:...fire a guy who recruits all american's every year, 2 and 3 at a time? please...


No fire a guy who has a history of losing big games and whose recruiting success is attributed to the coach at Kentucky.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#6

BIRD33 Wrote:No fire a guy who has a history of losing big games and whose recruiting success is attributed to the coach at Kentucky.

because its some small feat to get 3 teams to the Elite Eight? taking a team of left overs from the Roy era to the Elite Eight? the guy is a proven coach. the only way he'd go would be by pulling a Tubby...and I don't see it happening.

where do you get that Gillespie is the main reason Self has had success? he was only an assistant for 2 years under Self.

PS. Good luck Jules.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#7

cLaY Wrote:because its some small feat to get 3 teams to the Elite Eight? taking a team of left overs from the Roy era to the Elite Eight? the guy is a proven coach. the only way he'd go would be by pulling a Tubby...and I don't see it happening.

where do you get that Gillespie is the main reason Self has had success? he was only an assistant for 2 years under Self.
Interesting explanation.
I think you mean "it's" or "it is" not "its". Should I know
some small feat to get 3 teams to the Elite Eight is?I do not understand.

I hear you. There might be others.Look harder.Everything I need to know, I learned from Bot lover.When was he?

Who said I had to make sense ?
Reply
#8

cLaY Wrote:because its some small feat to get 3 teams to the Elite Eight? taking a team of left overs from the Roy era to the Elite Eight? the guy is a proven coach. the only way he'd go would be by pulling a Tubby...and I don't see it happening.

where do you get that Gillespie is the main reason Self has had success? he was only an assistant for 2 years under Self.

PS. Good luck Jules.

Did Roy leave Kansas in shambles?I don't remember it that way.
Read the sports illustrated article about Gullespe, it details how he was the main recruiter for Self.How can you say the guys a proven coach when his reputation is that of a guy who can't win a big game.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#9

BIRD33 Wrote:Did Roy leave Kansas in shambles?I don't remember it that way.
Read the sports illustrated article about Gullespe, it details how he was the main recruiter for Self.How can you say the guys a proven coach when his reputation is that of a guy who can't win a big game.

Nick Collison, an All-American, left as a Senior after Roy left. Kirk left. Simien was hurt. He went to the Elite Eight with Keith Langford, Aaron Miles, and JR Giddens.

Tim Jancovich, his top assistant last year and main recruiter, just took a job with Illinois State. The guy breeds not only head coaches, but NBA lottery picks. Its a reflection on the Man himself. There's not a better man for the job, and he's handled the criticism that ignorant fans (Duke fans) have thrown at him very well, including the ill conceived reputation that he can't win big games, (See: Two big wins over Texas Univ. and the POY and future No. 1 pick Kevin Durant). The guy's a young winner who will win a title.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#10

snyone else this gillespi (sp?) got the job because he beat pitno in rupp arena?
Reply
#11

Anhil8tor Wrote:snyone else this gillespi (sp?) got the job because he beat pitno in rupp arena?
ntype? is that you in there?

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#12

Guilesspe got the job because he's one of the best recruiters in the nation.Tubby couldnt recruit.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#13

cLaY Wrote:Nick Collison, an All-American, left as a Senior after Roy left. Kirk left. Simien was hurt. He went to the Elite Eight with Keith Langford, Aaron Miles, and JR Giddens.

Tim Jancovich, his top assistant last year and main recruiter, just took a job with Illinois State. The guy breeds not only head coaches, but NBA lottery picks. Its a reflection on the Man himself. There's not a better man for the job, and he's handled the criticism that ignorant fans (Duke fans) have thrown at him very well, including the ill conceived reputation that he can't win big games, (See: Two big wins over Texas Univ. and the POY and future No. 1 pick Kevin Durant). The guy's a young winner who will win a title.


Illconcieved reputation?How bout he's never won a big game.Texas is not a big win, sorry.Whats his biggest tourney win ever?You are drunk on the Bill Self Kool-Aid.Read up on Billy Guillespe to see how fucked you guys are.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#14

Even I'm unsure how to spell "Gillespie" now.

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Reply
#15

Paddy Wrote:Even I'm unsure how to spell "Gillespie" now.

it's pronounced like "epilepsy" and seems to create the same symptoms around here.
Reply
#16

Paddy Wrote:Even I'm unsure how to spell "Gillespie" now.
Ditto. Pretty sure he's french though.

Also, spelling jokes aren't funny.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#17

WoolyGoat Wrote:Ditto. Pretty sure he's french though.

Also, spelling jokes aren't funny.

Would it be funnier if I told you my surname was "Gillespie"?

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Reply
#18

Paddy Wrote:Would it be funnier if I told you my surname was "Gillespie"?
I'm more interested in your maiden name.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#19

BIRD33 Wrote:Illconcieved reputation?How bout he's never won a big game.Texas is not a big win, sorry.Whats his biggest tourney win ever?You are drunk on the Bill Self Kool-Aid.Read up on Billy Guillespe to see how fucked you guys are.


Gillespie has and never will be a recruiter for Kansas University.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#20

cLaY Wrote:Gillespie has and never will be a recruiter for Kansas University.


Just every place else Self's been which is how he got to Kansas.Might be easier to recruit at Kansas right now but waht happens when he gets to the elite 8 and loses again and his reputation as a guy who chokes is solidified?Every major college basketball commentator has said Self needs to win a big game or he's in trouble.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
03-04-2011, 12:59 AM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
07-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
04-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Last Post by Token
02-19-2010, 03:57 AM
Last Post by Vitamin E
04-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
01-13-2009, 06:37 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)