I have no doubt that Bill is one of those weekend-warrior DIY idiots that doesn't even know what he doesn't know and any house he'll ever try to sell will be fucking shredded by a home inspector that has half a clue. You prolly have recessed lighting, exhaust fans, and skylights installed in all sorts of fucked-up manners*, don't you?
*these are some of the top items that DIY jerkoffs will attempt and fuck up.
I have no doubt that Bill is one of those weekend-warrior DIY idiots that doesn't even know what he doesn't know and any house he'll ever try to sell will be fucking shredded by a home inspector that has half a clue. You prolly have recessed lighting, exhaust fans, and skylights installed in all sorts of fucked-up manners*, don't you?
*these are some of the top items that DIY jerkoffs will attempt and fuck up.
You're right each and every inspector that came thrugh my home last year to inspect the addition was an idiot for praising me on how good I did after learning that I did the plumbing/electrical/hvac myself...Next time you think you've cracked any icc code let me know cause I'll need to light my ICC certification card on fire.
I have a light fixture that is mounted to an electrical box that is suspended between two floor joists with some thin metal bracketry. This was done to center the light in the room. I would like to install a ceiling fan but fear that it will come crashing down the instant I turn it on. How can I fortify the box w/o relocating it or tearing up my ceiling?
ntype Wrote:unrack me it's another false friend. mmh you were "readjusted" but I suppose that google translation is another source of bizzareness in one of my posts.
Shadrach Wrote:I have a light fixture that is mounted to an electrical box that is suspended between two floor joists with some thin metal bracketry. This was done to center the light in the room. I would like to install a ceiling fan but fear that it will come crashing down the instant I turn it on. How can I fortify the box w/o relocating it or tearing up my ceiling?
Shenanigans Wrote:You're right each and every inspector that came thrugh my home last year to inspect the addition was an idiot for praising me on how good I did after learning that I did the plumbing/electrical/hvac myself...Next time you think you've cracked any icc code let me know cause I'll need to light my ICC certification card on fire.
kthanxbye
I do remember once that you posted a link to a forum full of house builders geeks having strange questions about legal codes and other codes who were looking like material references.
Blueeyedwoman Wrote:Please stand directly under the ceiling fan during a bad earthquake, thanks.
We don't have earthquakes here silly.
ntype Wrote:unrack me it's another false friend. mmh you were "readjusted" but I suppose that google translation is another source of bizzareness in one of my posts.