Posts: 1,565
Threads: 128
Joined: Feb 2005
Reputation:
0
This could be a great adventure. If you have any tips for first time home-owners, please put them here.
If you'd like to donate money, please PM me for my address.
fem Wrote:Now I'm just stupid.
fem Wrote:I enjoy being a dumb cunt. Thanks.
TomFoolery Wrote:You hurt me so bad, but I just can't stop loving you.
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
don't settle. there is no perfect home. have it inspected. don't settle. don't hire a realtor.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
paybacksare Wrote:Don't get a realtor? Why on earth not?
We already have one. She's one of my best friend's mothers, so I trust her and she's not charging us any fees.
I've been doing a lot of looking on my own, but I figured we needed someone who might have access to listings before we do.
or so she says. make sure...its a waste of money.
look, look, and look more. compare, compare, and compare. don't feel discouraged if it takes a couple months. Are you in a hurry to get out of your current home?
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
Michman Wrote:Make sure you get a real estate agent. As the buyer there is no money out of pocket for you (the seller pays the agents commision). And this agent negioates/acts in YOUR best interests. If you dont have an agent, just remember that everything the sellers agent tells you...might not be all of the information, because he's negiosating on behalf of the seller. If you have any of the questions let me know. (The spouser is a real estate agent..)
Ahhhh, can that differ state to state? Both ends still make money somehow off of the sale.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
Michman Wrote:I suppose it can.....But I have never heard of that being the case. The buyers agent does make a commision but it is paid by the seller. Now there is special circumstances where the buyers agents commision is 3.5% and the sellers agent will only pay 3.0%. (not usual but sometimes it happens) If thats the case the BUYERS agent needs to negioatete that the extra 1/5% needs to be paid by the seller. Just make sure to specify with YOUR agent that the seller is to pay all commisions.
I thought it was buyer's agent and sellers agent split the 6%.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 1,565
Threads: 128
Joined: Feb 2005
Reputation:
0
Yeah, we already got pre-approved, which was actually a simple enough process.
The realtor helped us with that, too.
fem Wrote:Now I'm just stupid.
fem Wrote:I enjoy being a dumb cunt. Thanks.
TomFoolery Wrote:You hurt me so bad, but I just can't stop loving you.
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
Michman Wrote:Typically they do. But some times if you have an agent that is really popular and sells alot of houses they like to spilt it 3.5/2.5 They want the extra 1/5%. Here in Michigan the typical commision is 7% to be split.
Yeah. A 100,000 dollar house here probably costs 300 to 500 up there. Thats probably why theres a difference in commision.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
Michman Wrote:Yea...so guys in the spousers office sold 26 million last year.....2 houses every week! Obviously he wants the extra 1/2% but he'll give it up if the other agent says no way...1/2 the time they dont even bring it up.
Thats fucking crazy. I'm going to try to get out of the 9 to 5 bullshit. Not going to sell, but maybe just do the rental thing. Lots of low end housing around here.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours