Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

#1

what's a proxy server?
Reply
#2

its something that , nevermind I see ntype is here.....

prolly
Reply
#3

a proxy is a small sardine-like fish that is served on a wheat cracker with a type of spicy jelly. They are served as an hors'derve.

[Image: line.gif]
Reply
#4

A server that sits between a client application, such as a Web browser, and a real server. It intercepts all requests to the real server to see if it can fulfill the requests itself. If not, it forwards the request to the real server.

Proxy servers have two main purposes:
# Improve Performance: Proxy servers can dramatically improve performance for groups of users. This is because it saves the results of all requests for a certain amount of time. Consider the case where both user X and user Y access the World Wide Web through a proxy server. First user X requests a certain Web page, which we'll call Page 1. Sometime later, user Y requests the same page. Instead of forwarding the request to the Web server where Page 1 resides, which can be a time-consuming operation, the proxy server simply returns the Page 1 that it already fetched for user X. Since the proxy server is often on the same network as the user, this is a much faster operation. Real proxy servers support hundreds or thousands of users. The major online services such as Compuserve and America Online, for example, employ an array of proxy servers.
# Filter Requests: Proxy servers can also be used to filter requests. For example, a company might use a proxy server to prevent its employees from accessing a specific set of Web sites.

[Image: proxy.gif]

[Image: Proxy-Config.jpeg]
Reply
#5

SizeMatters Wrote:its something that , nevermind I see ntype is here.....
:=p I see that I'm somewhat the official "board geek" out there.

awww

gotta post boobs pics (no it's worse)

gotta post boobs pics of my GF ! (you sure gotta like them as much I do). err if I don't post for a few days it's because she killed me.
Reply
#6

somewhat?!

prolly
Reply
#7

SizeMatters Wrote:somewhat?!

wrong word ?
Reply
#8

ntype Wrote:wrong word ?
Saying you are SOMEWHAT of the board geek is like saying your town was SOMEWHAT icy over the winter. Get it?

Wink
Reply
#9

off topic guyzz
Reply
#10

5p4|274/\/ Wrote:off topic guyzz


When do you start school again?

:fuckYou:
Reply
#11

soon I hope

prolly
Reply
#12

5p4|274/\/ Wrote:what's a proxy server?


It's a thing you have been using 3 diffrent ones at this site ... Wink

Go back to post in Eyecandy ... there you had some good stuff at least ...

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Reply
#13

LFC Wrote:Saying you are SOMEWHAT of the board geek is like saying your town was SOMEWHAT icy over the winter. Get it?

Wink

oh get it now. hell err and is it good or ?
Reply
#14

I'm really glad I found this site, everyone is so nice and welcoming, I'll be here for a long time
Reply
#15

NTYPE, I'm cool with you as board geek!!! We need a few smart people around here, as opposed to the inane morons (see above me)
Reply
#16

LFC Wrote:NTYPE, I'm cool with you as board geek!!! We need a few smart people around here, as opposed to the inane morons (see above me)

I could do the moron too. dammit going to puke open a beer and scratch my balls while watching the game.

mrph.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by ClamDigger
04-27-2005, 04:24 PM
Last Post by ntype
04-27-2005, 03:42 PM
Last Post by Eltaco
01-27-2005, 03:28 AM
Last Post by hugo
09-25-2004, 12:38 PM
Proxy Settings
Suicide Jim
Last Post by Suicide Jim
06-07-2004, 07:44 PM
Last Post by
Less than 1 minute ago

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)