Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

I'm thinking of having another pig roast.
#21

I still cann't bring myself to eat scrapple.

Do you eat it fried covered in syrup?
Reply
#22

Anhil8tor Wrote:all coonasses have those.. thats like your right of passage to be a man when you get one.

what the fuck are you talking about?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#23

BIRD33 Wrote:what the fuck are you talking about?


the black couldrons.. its an art form for a coonass to cook outside on one of those things..

usually one guy does cracklins and another will do a jambalya
Reply
#24

Shenanigans Wrote:I still cann't bring myself to eat scrapple.

Do you eat it fried covered in syrup?

It taste like sausage, no big deal.You're living in the heart of scrapple country and you havent tried it?I eat mine with ketchup.Ive eaten it since I was a kid and never realized whats in it till my 20's but its to good to turn down.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#25

BIRD33 Wrote:It taste like sausage, no big deal.You're living in the heart of scrapple country and you havent tried it?I eat mine with ketchup.Ive eaten it since I was a kid and never realized whats in it till my 20's but its to good to turn down.

Yeah, I just know, they don't call it SCRAPple for nothing. I just cann't bring my self to take a bite.
Reply
#26

BIRD33 Wrote:It taste like sausage, no big deal.You're living in the heart of scrapple country and you havent tried it?I eat mine with ketchup.Ive eaten it since I was a kid and never realized whats in it till my 20's but its to good to turn down.


Sounds like boudin and cracklin to us. I used to eat boudin all the time.. I ended up going in the back of a meat market one time and saw this large black iron pot. It was full of grease and beef and pig parts... stomach, liver, all kinds of shit..

I asked the guy what that was.. he said that was the dressings for boudin...

I have only eaten it a few times since then..
Reply
#27

Anhil8tor Wrote:the black couldrons.. its an art form for a coonass to cook outside on one of those things..

usually one guy does cracklins and another will do a jambalya

When I saw the cauldron I thought I was back in the 1700's.Its not an everyday cooking instrument up here except in the middle of no where.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#28

Anhil8tor Wrote:Sounds like boudin and cracklin to us. I used to eat boudin all the time.. I ended up going in the back of a meat market one time and saw this large black iron pot. It was full of grease and beef and pig parts... stomach, liver, all kinds of shit..

I asked the guy what that was.. he said that was the dressings for boudin...

I have only eaten it a few times since then..

Sounds pretty similar.The wierdest part is the cooling off part were they they let the shit form into this big block of shit.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#29

Shenanigans Wrote:Yeah, I just know, they don't call it SCRAPple for nothing. I just cann't bring my self to take a bite.

You're missing out.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#30

BIRD33 Wrote:You're missing out.

You eat liver and onions too I'm thinking.
It seems big round here.
Reply
#31

Shenanigans Wrote:You eat liver and onions too I'm thinking.
It seems big round here.

Thats a PA dutch thing too.Ive never eaten it.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#32

BIRD33 Wrote:Thats a PA dutch thing too.Ive never eaten it.

there's all kinds of crazy dutch shit around here. soutz? (sp?) it's like boiled pigs feet that have been striped of the bones and then made into some kinda meat jelly....that shit's nasty too.
Reply
#33

Shenanigans Wrote:there's all kinds of crazy dutch shit around here. soutz? (sp?) it's like boiled pigs feet that have been striped of the bones and then made into some kinda meat jelly....that shit's nasty too.

Tons of nasty amish shit out there.Besides scrapple, apple butter and funnel cake I don't fuck with it.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#34

BIRD33 Wrote:Tons of nasty amish shit out there.Besides scrapple, apple butter and funnel cake I don't fuck with it.

Who doesn't like apple butter?
Funnel cakes are the staple of firemans carnivals all across the region.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
10-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Last Post by PinesChic
12-31-2008, 05:34 PM
Last Post by who
09-25-2008, 06:49 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
04-27-2008, 07:24 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)