03-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Cucumber Wrote:Oh please. Why is every relgious person's defence when they are asked to defend their beliefs "I'm being persecuted! WAH!" You can chose to or not to have an intellectual debate about something you can't see or prove, but don't start playing the victim. If I tell you there is no Santa Claus, are you going to feel like there was a pile on? Yet, no one except kids believe in Santa right? If I tell you I believe in lawn fairies, you aren't going to laugh and question it if I say "I know in my heart they exist?"
Religion is full of hyprocrisy, take it or leave it principles and a false sense of moral superiority. Maybe I should feel like there is a pile-on on atheist's? Maybe just the next time you joke that you and 2.0 won't see me in the afterlife because I'll be going to hell.
You missed the point. There is no argument for or against faith, there's just faith or not. Most religious types don't care what atheist's think and I believe this drives you crazy. I've never seen myself as a victim nor have I seen myself as morally superior.
As for me and the kids in heaven viewing you in hell ponder this.
Quote:Will Good Atheists Go To Hell? (Matthew Ch 25)
"When the Son of Man comes as King and all the angels with him, he will sit on his royal throne, and the people of all the nations will be gathered before him. Then he will divide them into two groups, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the righteous people at his right and the others at his left.
"Then the King will say to the people on his right, "Come, you that are blessed by my Father! Come and possess the kingdom which has been prepared for you ever since the creation of the world. I was hungry and you fed me, thirsty and you gave me a drink; I was a stranger and you received me in your homes, naked and you clothed me; I was sick and you took care of me, in prison and you visited me.'
The righteous will then answer him, "When, Lord, did we ever see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you a drink? 38 When did we ever see you a stranger and welcome you in our homes, or naked and clothe you? 39 When did we ever see you sick or in prison, and visit you?'
"The King will reply, "I tell you, whenever you did this for one of the least important of these followers of mine, you did it for me!'"
See you there.
Jimmy - The old Hardcore Standard. :clap:

