04-12-2007, 02:20 AM
cLaY Wrote:Care to back that up? I read an article after the lost to UCLA on CBS where the writer stated there's no reason to get down on the guy and that he's one of the best coaches in America. I'd post it, but I couldn't find it.
Getting to the Elite 8 is a positive, not a negative. Being one of the 8 best in the country is hardly reason to fire a guy, nor is it a reason to define him as a coach who chokes.
He'll never run short on recruits. He's developing guys' into lottery picks. Look at every top recruits list of desired teams to play for. Guarentee you KU is on more than half their lists.
Vitale and Digger Phelps both said he now has a rep of being a guy who can't win the big game.Don't believe it if you want.Elite 8 is good if your a middle tier college basketball franchise.Your team was at one time better than that.Kentucky will be a better place to be in two years.
See You In Toledo

