06-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Admit I'm right on this and try to regain a tiny amount of dignity.
Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Holy shit. Its a direct quote from the office of the Secretary of State. What the fuck spin shit do you listen to that you think its from Sarah fucking Palin?
Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Holy shit. Its a direct quote from the office of the Secretary of State. What the fuck spin shit do you listen to that you think its from Sarah fucking Palin?
snarg Wrote:there were actually reasons given,too
that is true as far as it goes, but there is more to the story
look it up yourself, you guys both have holes in the argument, so what??
tweety, you missed one right down the middle of the plate
snarg Wrote:there were actually reasons given,too
that is true as far as it goes, but there is more to the story
look it up yourself, you guys both have holes in the argument, so what??
tweety, you missed one right down the middle of the plate
snarg Wrote:"Reports claiming that the federal government has refused help are not only incorrect — foreign assistance has been utilized — but are also misleading: purchasing resources and expertise is vastly different from accepting "foreign aid."
there is also more to this story
Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:no, snarg there are no holes in it. The Secretary of State has received over 21 offers to help from other countries and organizations. They didn't go into specifics on what those offers were. Some were equipment, some were technical knowhow. But each offer was passed on to the Coast Guard and BP and only two were used so far.
What fucking hole is there in my argument? I just stated that he could have accepted help from other nations. That he could have built some type of coalition with other nations. And he hasn't. Then dumbass33 claims its some spin thing created by Sarah Palin.
Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:no, snarg there are no holes in it. The Secretary of State has received over 21 offers to help from other countries and organizations. They didn't go into specifics on what those offers were. Some were equipment, some were technical knowhow. But each offer was passed on to the Coast Guard and BP and only two were used so far.
What fucking hole is there in my argument? I just stated that he could have accepted help from other nations. That he could have built some type of coalition with other nations. And he hasn't. Then dumbass33 claims its some spin thing created by Sarah Palin.
BIRD33 Wrote:Depending on what the "story" is.Flumper and I were debating the US turning down help.Obviously not true.
snarg Wrote:you're both dumbasses, but that's beside the point
they did explain in detail each offer and why they were accepted and rejected
the fact is, they accepted and rejected "aid"
snarg Wrote:you are fucking blind and can't see things with which you don't agree
that's why i never bother
BIRD33 Wrote:If only you never bothered.Seriously thats funny.Anyway all I'm saying is we havent turned down help.
BIRD33 Wrote:Link to that?Sure it wasnt Fox and Friends?God I hope it was.
BIRD33 Wrote:What you and Flumper mentioned with the Secretary of state office was not true.So what were you saying again?
Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Goddamn you are a dumbass.
If you can figure out how, speed it up to around 15:15
[youtube]GbChl1rutfM[/youtube]
Here's the text.
QUESTION: Another topic, please? So much attention today on the oil spill. Can you bring us up to date on international offers of assistance?
MR. CROWLEY: We have received 17 officers â offers of assistance from countries, and weâve received other offers of assistance from international organizations â the European Union â including the European Maritime Safety Agency, the environmental unit of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, and the United Nations Environment Program and the International Maritime Organization.
So there â as I understand it, the â something called the Unified Area Command, led by the Coast Guard, it makes the decisions on international support. My understanding is that two offers of assistance have been accepted thus far â I believe itâs Mexico and Norway. Those offers were actually accepted by BP as part of this Unified Area Command. But we also are working internationally. I think thereâs assistance flowing in through private as well as public sources, so this is something that we continue to evaluate. But I would defer probably to the Coast Guard in terms of explaining the process.
QUESTION: But is the State Department being approached both by governments and corporations?
MR. CROWLEY: Our role is to accept offers by countries and international organizations, and then pass those offers of assistance through channels to this United Area Command[2]. The UAC is actually the entity that makes the decisions based on evaluating whatâs being offered and what the immediate needs are. As I understand it, some of the early acceptance involved booms to try to contain the spread of oil away from the rig. But beyond that, these decisions are being made down in Louisiana.
QUESTION: Just one more follow-up. There does seem to be a disconnect, though, with some governors calling for more booms, for instance, and the refusal to accept some of these generous international offers of --
MR. CROWLEY: Sure. And let me be clear, we are grateful for the assistance that we have been offered internationally. It is something that we evaluate every day. But again, I would defer to others, particularly the Coast Guard, to go through where they are in the process of evaluating particular offers.
QUESTION: You havenât shut the door?
MR. CROWLEY: Pardon me?
QUESTION: You havenât shut the door?
MR. CROWLEY: Oh, no, not at all. Not at all. I mean, clearly, this remains a significant and formidable challenge for everybody.
snarg Wrote:you yourself quoted that we turned down help and the reasons why
over and out
BIRD33 Wrote:This is one of those up is down arguments.I bolded the part where he said we accepted help.
Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Do you want one example of something that he should have done ...
How about not only his refusal to accept the dozens of offers of help from nations around the world, but his failure to put together a coalition of nations to help protect our shores. I think an easier question to pose and to answer would be "what the fuck is he doing"
BIRD33 Wrote:Part I bolded is a Sarah Palin line and has been proven to be false..
Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:I haven't heard or read a word that Sarah Palin has said in over a year. I generally get my news from the news or the news paper.
Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:ABC News' Luis Martinez reports:
State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley said
BIRD33 Wrote:What newspaper or news outlet.Will you print the retraction they must have posted
Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:abc news. dumbass.
BIRD33 Wrote:Link to that?
Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:speed it up to around 15:15
[youtube]GbChl1rutfM[/youtube]
Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Which is EXACTLY what I said in my first post regarding this. I said we have recieved 20+ offers and so far only accepted 2 of them. My exact words. Then you tell me I'm quoting Sara Palin? Holy shit.If the offers would have done more harm then good they werent accepted.Thats not us turning down help.Help that does harm is not help.Also we've accepted 5 which is not what you claimed.
I'm waiting on your apology.