Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Hey Clay?
#21

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Personally, I think that history will show one day that this war was a good thing. I hate the loss of life and the crazy expense it has been.

I was watching something on the history channel this week-end about Rome and how it got built up. They used to build shit just to build it. Then when they ran out of money, they'd just go find a country to conquer and steal all of their gold. And go back to building more shit.

Wars back then were like fund raisers.

This war will be good in the long run like the Hindenberg was good for the airplane industry.Thats just GWB logic.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#22

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index....lin-speech

I don't know if you've seen this but go to the 2:10 mark and watch Mccain in the supermarket.It's almost a perfect example of Mccains campaign vs. Obama.I laughed for 10 minutes.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#23

BIRD33 Wrote:http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index....lin-speech

I don't know if you've seen this but go to the 2:10 mark and watch Mccain in the supermarket.It's almost a perfect example of Mccains campaign vs. Obama.I laughed for 10 minutes.

If you laughed at that for 10 minutes, then you are the anti-anhil8tor.
Reply
#24

BIRD33 Wrote:This war will be good in the long run like the Hindenberg was good for the airplane industry.Thats just GWB logic.

No, that's not GWB logic. I've thought that all along. I just have a very serious feeling that if you could just get one large nation in the middle east with an educated and democratic leadership, then it will change the course of history in that area.
Reply
#25

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:No, that's not GWB logic. I've thought that all along. I just have a very serious feeling that if you could just get one large nation in the middle east with an educated and democratic leadership, then it will change the course of history in that area.

India?

This war has been and always will be a mistake.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#26

cLaY Wrote:India?

This war has been and always will be a mistake.

Try doing a little brushing up on your geography. Thanks.

You probably think Pakistan is in the middle east.
Reply
#27

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Try doing a little brushing up on your geography. Thanks.

You probably think Pakistan is in the middle east.

Isn't it? India is considered Middle east, or so I thought.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#28

guess its just below Pakistan...part of what is deemed "The Middle East"...my bad.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#29

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:If you laughed at that for 10 minutes, then you are the anti-anhil8tor.
When you contrast that with Obama being treated like a rockstar in europe thats freaking hilarious.I'm pretty cerebral(smarter) compared to you.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#30

cLaY Wrote:Isn't it? India is considered Middle east, or so I thought.

indians are hindus and they are part of Asia. Although the Middle East is also part of Asia, I'm not sure what they call the subpart that includes India. Pakistan is predominantly muslim, but they too are part of Asia, but not the Middle East. Thanks.

To be honest, I don't even think that Afghanistan is part of the Middle East. I think the Middle East ends on the eastern side with Iran, on the border of Afghanistan.
Reply
#31

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:No, that's not GWB logic. I've thought that all along. I just have a very serious feeling that if you could just get one large nation in the middle east with an educated and democratic leadership, then it will change the course of history in that area.

Next time you meet a war widow tell her thanks for sacrificing for your hunch.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#32

BIRD33 Wrote:Next time you meet a war widow tell her thanks for sacrificing for your hunch.

My hunch has nothing to do with it. I didn't vote for the war, write any letters, or have any say in it. I just read the tea leaves that are made available. Of course the tea leaves that Colin Powell was laying out for us all turned out to be a huge bust.

But I still feel like in the long run this will be a good thing. Was it worth the cost? At this point I would probably say no. Time will tell on that, too.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
08-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
07-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Last Post by JCW
05-06-2010, 06:39 AM
Last Post by who
02-10-2010, 03:40 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)